New hero teased on petra

I also kinda wonder if this ties into Zarya and Sombra’s story line in any way because of the Russia sticker. How does this new symbol fit into Sombra’s web? It wasn’t on the original.

7 Likes

The man on the left of Ms. Volskaya? He is connected to something below him on one of the strings.

Can you zoom on that? everything else that is connected by strings has meaning, but we’ve never seen him before

Yeah, I can’t really make out much about him.

1 Like

Yeah it might be a dead end there. Maybe going back to Oasis or even Rialto (to the talon base) will give more clues

Someone on Reddit was saying there’s a similar looking tablet on Ayutthaya, but it didn’t have anything written on it. I am wondering if there are clues on any other maps that have changed since this update.

1 Like

thats why I’m suspecting Rialto would be a good place to look…I have a hunch talon is the one funding these excavations

Cool . Rock on, you guys that take the time to find this stuff.

2 Likes

I don’t like to complain but how about they stop creating new characters and put the ones in the game we already know. This way the story can never move forward in a big way.

2 Likes

Sometimes the devs get clever with names so I looked up meanings for “Hamid” and “Faisal”, they’re Arabic words, and Hamid is a common turkish name, so a character either related to Oasis or the Operation: White Dome are both on the table.
As for their meaning’s it’s nothing special, Hamid means “laudable” or “praiseworthy” so could be that he’s a well known/famous researcher, and Faisal seems to mean “decisive” or “Arbitrator”, so if they were going really hard with name meanings, could be some kind of council member, someone well known and a decision maker, could relate them to any number of things in universe (Talon council member, Head of one of the Oasis ministries, some kind of official formerly related to overwatch, or just one of the heads of this new organisation, Blaise).

6 Likes

we dont know who the hero teased is. it could be faisal, Blaise, Nachareon, or even the recipient of the letter who is unnamed (who could very well be a character we know).

I looked up the other name mentioned Ioannidis because of your post. I couldn’t find much. It’s just a Greek name that means “Son of Ioannis” which apparently is just Greek for John which is derived from Herbrew meaning “God is gracious”.

I don’t know if any of that is relevant other than perhaps being another connection back to Illios along with the mention of the statues.

Yay, maybe another sombra rng?

ha just kidding

2 Likes

that last bit you wrote…I thought Blaise was a person, but it very well could be the name of the organization.

which, in turn, means it could be broken down to determine what the organization is all about.

I think we cured them of that one. Which is to a degree sad. The pacing was bad, but the idea was cool.

3 Likes

Isn’t Hamid the name of the chimp who escaped the labs Winston was also at?
He could have been working with a scientist at Petra.

Yeah, Hammond was his name.

It’s weird that they teased that and made such a big deal about him, but then nothing ever came of it. I still feel like we’ll see Hammond some time soon. Maybe Hammond is actually a cat and not a chimp…and likes to use a certain jetpack… :open_mouth:

10 Likes

Sounds interesting to me so far. Considering there is only pixelated jibberish on the other tablets this one could really be considered a serious hint.

Muay Thai hero inbound

1 Like

Overwatch channels are going to make 10 minute videos about this post, just wait.

14 Likes

Jinkies, a clue! :male_detective:

2 Likes