New experimental patch notes (ashe, sigma and Ball Nerfs, Hanzo buff)

Well, it won’t. Driving tank players away means driving damage players away. Period.

If people don’t like this game, they’ll tell their friends that. Developers don’t want to generate resentment towards themselves because that hurts their reputation, and rep is pretty important.

And you still didn’t answer my question about Hammond. I think you fear the question because you don’t have a clear answer!

1 Like

Nerf Hammond’s to 400 HP. He has the best mobility and health (if you include shields) in the game. Majority of the time when flankers get seen they punished , but Hammond can literally boop everyone feed for 800 hp then go back for health. He can also build his ult incredibly fast

Hammond is one of the few heros in the game that gets value from just being played

2 Likes

I view myself as practical.

The game has an Armageddon level problem looming on the horizon, and they aren’t going to solve it by trying to please everybody.

For the sake of your own humility, I hope they gut the heroes that you enjoy playing and ostracize you in the process.

As if Tank players would dislike Dive vs SingleBarrier+PeelTank at high tier.

And for Plat and below, they could choose between 3x Reinhardt alternatives between Rein/Sigma/Orisa.

As compared to boring high tier Tank metas, and Rein or Lose for Plat and below.

Well, I’m not looking for heroes to be gutted. I’m looking for heroes to have their value shifted elsewhere, and make them viable in different ways.

People don’t want their favorite hero to be playable, they want their favorite playstyle to be playable. If Dva was balanced by being a clone of reinhardt, sure she would see more play and be overall balanced, but I wouldn’t enjoy the game anymore and she would be dead to me.

Really depends on the ELO and composition.

Most likely you’d end up with Winston/Hammond where he’s an offtank
or D.va/Hammond where he’s a main tank.

And for Diamond and below he’d be an offtank regardless of the composition.

So it’s okay for Hammond to be both but not Sigma

The answer was just as delusional as I was expecting

Well if you’re talking about Brig, I’d be fine if the was moved to the Tank Role.

But overall, devs can’t weigh the happiness of a tiny minority, to screw over the happiness of the vast majority.

1 Like

I feel like there’s a happy medium here because both of you do have points but are on opposite sides of the ultimatums here.

I think that having tanks do damage can appeal to some tank players, while others do enjoy having a way of main-tanking/absorbing damage for their teams. These Sigma changes, while I’m not opposed to it, also might not be the happy medium here.

He is problematic, and ultimately tanks don’t seem as dynamic and fun as they used to be presumably because of the decrease in damage. But I feel like there are many other changes that could be tested on tanks that could make them feel engaging without necessarily preserving damage. While I think these changes are to target the higher ranks that are struggling with Sigma + Ball, I also think they don’t tackle the actual reasons that they’re dominant in those ranks. And while preserving the playerbase that makes them the most money, I think the demographics that these changes are targeting are actually significantly lower than the others these changes will affect.

Basically, I don’t know how these changes will go and my initial impression is, “This doesn’t actually change things for the demographics that they were intended for”. You’re willing to let people quit if they don’t like it and I think that’s fine…but I also think you might have it flipped. The people who will stay are actually the 1% and the others may be more. And I don’t even think the top 1% will even see a change in the meta because the problem wasn’t shields with Hammond, it was the fact he’s too fast and mobile and knocks you around too frequently.

Any change is going to piss people off. That’s just a matter-of-fact. I’m also of the mindset that some people gotta be upset for the greater good. I took the L with Sombra nerfs to her hack and EMP for that reason. But there’s gotta be a line drawn somewhere and they should be changes that are actually worth that sacrifice lol

They are.

OWL/pro level play has always been described as “playing a completely different game from the rest of us.”

The devs have been balancing the game for OWL viewership ever since OWL was first released.

Well. Grats on making sigma feel clunky to play and lowering his skill cap.

Yes.
Hammond as a “main tank” is a very low durability comp. Lower than standard Dive.
Sigma as an “off tank” is a very high durability comp. DoubleBarrier as a bunker or Rush comp.

cause you keep expecting her to get a buff and its letting you down everytime because you keep thinking and hoping she will get a buff so you know whats going to happen and she doesnt get a buff nor a nerf.

I feel like even if there is a happy medium, they aren’t going to get there until they error on the side of making things too favorable to Tank players, and then adjust back.

Personally I don’t expect any extra firepower on Tanks like Zarya and Roadhog. It’s more about giving Tanks some self-reliance with that healthpack change. And otherwise adding in mobility/self-reliance changes.

And the other angle is making the game overall be Dive favored. Because Mobility is inherently fun, without dominating duels.

That’s what I’m referring to; giving them self-reliance in different ways outside of shield, and hypermobility. I feel like that could be a happy medium. Or at least something that can help both sides of the SR spectrum.

They should revert the buff from Hanzo and nerf him or prepare for a massive s***storm to happen in the forums.

Hammond is very mobile, making up for his lack of durability. Sigma is not, so he needs to be durable.

Also, double barrier ain’t even the problem right now!!!

BTW, here’s my current list of change ideas.