New experimental patch notes (ashe, sigma and Ball Nerfs, Hanzo buff)

EXPERIMENTAL MODE

The next experiment begins! This time we’re hoping to get your feedback on some balance changes. We’re using the 2-2-2 Role Queue ruleset so that you can get a feel for how these balance changes might affect the live game.

HERO UPDATES (ONLY IN EXPERIMENTAL)

Ashe

The Viper

• Aim-down-sights damage reduced from 80 to 75
  • Aim-down-sights recovery time reduced from 0.7 to 0.65 seconds

Developer Comments: Ashe being able to eliminate 200 health enemy heroes with one headshot while assisted by 30% damage boost became too dominant, especially when combined with the other improvements to her weapon. We are lowering the maximum damage but also the shot recovery time to keep her overall damage output relatively the same.

Hanzo

Storm Arrows

• Shot recovery time reduced from 0.3 to 0.25 seconds

Developer Comments: This rate of fire change improves the feel and effectiveness of the Storm Arrows ability and though small, adds up over the course of firing 5 arrows.

Sigma

Experimental Barrier

• Redeploy cooldown increased from 1 to 2.5 seconds

Developer Comments: We’re increasing the cooldown of Sigma’s barrier to require a higher commitment to its placement and open up additional opportunities for counterplay.

Wrecking Ball

Adaptive Shield

• Shield per target reduced from 100 to 75

Developer Comments: Wrecking Ball’s high mobility and potential for massive shield health have left him a bit too survivable after the overall damage and crowd control in the game have been tuned down. We are reducing the amount of additional shields he generates per target though the base 100 shields from the ability remains unchanged.

Its goes down on Monday:

Thoughts? Is this a good start for overwatch in 2021?

11 Likes

Don’t know if I like the ashe changes, I’ll have to see but the ball ones are great!

2 Likes

where is zen and tracer nerfs

9 Likes

Oh god, dont buff hanzo, the last thing we need is more people playing one-shotting heroes.

23 Likes

Why not just reduce shield health.
His shield is already clunky to use as it is.

9 Likes

NOOOOOOO
Don’t nerf ball :’(

3 Likes

what the hell are they on
why would you buff her

4 Likes

Scratch that, looked pretty middling to me, but everyone thinks it sucks, of course no one has played with these changes yet, but yeah, not middling to most people then…

They nerfed her synergy with mercy hardly, so overally she is nerfed

2 Likes

Mostly because of the dmg being nerfed

Lol, they buffed ashe.

2 Likes

Orisa left in the cold again… Why am i not suprised :unamused:

4 Likes

Lower health shields typically force them to rely even more heavily on another barrier to compensate, which would mean double shield again

2 Likes

Weird direction to take things.

Man, now that I think about this, this is largely just “Nerf High tier, because it’s high tier”.

I expected them to get the logic that the problem is at close range, not medium/long range.

2 Likes

WHAAAAAAAAT?!

Sig needs a nerf, but this isn’t it. This’ll gutter him.

11 Likes

No need to give Ashe a compensation buff. She’s hella broken, just flat nerf her. Hanzo didn’t need a buff. AND WHERE ARE THE BAPTISTE NERFS HELLO???

1 Like

Lets nerf tanks again!
Tracer? Oh boy cannot nerf the most broken hero in the game since she is the poster child! Silly me…

12 Likes

Tracer isnt the most broken at all lol.

Shes only good because shes the one hero that can Shut down Zenyatta consistently and all other DPS suck

Hanzo buffs are like random, he isn’t the projectile who needs a buff but the rest changes are great

Where are the support nerfs??? What is this ? Zen Mercy need both nerfs and ashe doesnt need the nerf+compensation buff like this is so bad…

1 Like