New Experimental Card – June 23

The brig changes are horrible. I would’ve kept the repair packs’ overheal, but lower the amount of armor given to 25. Completely removing armor from them makes her feel useless until people start taking damage. Mercy, Lucio, Ana, and Baptiste all have actions which they perform during downtime when nobody needs heals; Brigitte’s was giving out armor to DPS.

i hope this is a joke

They seem to not like armor outside of tanks.
First Torb, then Sym, then Brig…

I know Sym gave shields, but point being.

I mean literally other than her pickrate being high, she’s 100% on par with the other supports

My thoughts on the experiment:
mostly successful with one catastrophic failure.

TLDR: Keep it
The diva changes are good. They are a slight buff but overall do not majorly change her playstyle or her power level. They definitely make her feel a little more fluid. Playing against a diva feels about the same but timing between defense matrix requires a little more precision.

TLDR: Keep it
This seems fair and feels about the same to play. Dynamite is not a use-on-cooldown ability, (although it can end up that way in many fights). The ability to avoid a dynamite and try to counter play an Ashe does not have dynamite seems to be more balanced.

TDLR: Keep it
I messed up less often doing this tech with this update. I wouldn’t say I was amazing at it before, but I had noticed I couldn’t pull it off as well but wasn’t certain why. It makes sense now. Also, I avoided dying after tire where I would normally die. So positive all around.

TLDR: Nerfing aspects of Brig make sense. Just not what how it was nerfed in this patch. You should read the full version on this one.

This brings Brig in line with the other healers only in terms of making her worse and less good at what made her unique.

• Reducing her healing is fine and good. She currently out paces Lucio in AOE healing with a larger AOE. While inspire relies on her hitting things, a mediocre Brig player can keep Inspire up for most of a battle. So it’s basically just as much free AOE healing as Lucio. So a reduction to make it more in line with him is good.
  • More shield with a bigger punishment for letting it break. Great idea! It may not be perfect yet but this feels fair. It boosts her personal survivability but like Rein requires you to pay better attention to your shield health. Especially since this removes shield bash for longer as well.
    *Repair pack no longer providing armor. This is a major aspect of her kit and adaptability. She could prep for a fight or help with an ult like blade, death blossom… as well as giving her some targeted “burst” healing. I would love to try her with the above points but no nerf to the repair kits.
    *Even more, I think it would be better to reduce her AOE more than this experiment but leave the armor overflow or if the armor is giving characters too much survivability, try reducing the amount of armor provided further without completely removing it.

If you read all of this, thank you.

Insert kekw meme here

hey at least your main got a buff. half the tank roster is still waiting for anything.

Nah, I am just glad Hog and Hammond are not getting nerfed. Screw buffs. Just leave them alone.

1 Like

true. as much as i appreciate people trying to fix them, all these hog reworks i see people bring up make him so much less fun.someone suggested hook gets nerfed to 20 m but hook has 2 charges? really odd, i know.

i’d rather hog never get buffs ever again than a hog rework which changes him completely. *cough experimental

1 Like

Brigitte
Repair Pack

• No longer grants an additional armor health pool when healing full health targets

Why though? Does it really have to be removed entirely with no compensation? That doesn’t seem right to me to just outright remove it and then do not even do a little bit to help her.

Barrier Shield

• Maximum health increased from 200 to 250
  • Regeneration rate decreased from 100 to 85 health per second
  • Cooldown when destroyed increased from 3 to 5 seconds

Then you just nerf her shield overall too? Yeah it’s 250, but that’s at the cost of regeneration and 2 more seconds before it starts regenerating again after it’s destroyed? This with the pack change seems like a little too much but we’ll see I guess.

Maybe if you could also couple these with a skill change like extending Whip Shot to 25m but having the last 5 meters have significantly reduced knockback (or basically none at all) or something, that could be cool.

4 Likes

what i would do is just make her repair pack either give out shields or regular health, instead of armour. it’ll likely bring up much less issues.

They could just lower her repair pack to 5 seconds instead of 6 as well, there’s a few ways they could go about it. I’d prefer the longer range skill shot though myself.

1 Like

because ana actually requires aim and is easily countered. brig doesn’t need aim and her ultimate is basically immortality field

Is this the time already for you to ruin my day? :roll_eyes:

A better way to approach this: make the armor only last 2 seconds, just like the healing. She’d still get great value from the armor with perfect timing (much like a well-timed Zarya bubble), but wouldn’t have the excessive uptime she does now.

4 Likes

Can the devs consider increasing RP cooldown? Or decreasing it’s travel time? There are ways to balance Brig without removing the last fun mechanic that she has.

And if you guys are going to buff her shield and nerf it at the same time, at least make it 300 hp. 250 with those changes isn’t worth it.

Nerfing Supports and Heals and increasing damage.
CODwatch here we come.
Why you never “hear” all the damage creep concerns feedback?

3 Likes

Sure you are…

See that flying pig over there? No? Me neither.

You mean. We’re getting it whether we like it or not basically.

No disrespect molly, I understand you’re the messenger and I’m not commenting on this as a way of taking shots at you personally but this experimental card is a total joke.

Sorry but it is.

8 Likes

Situational. Genji may or may not receive an armor pack but his targets will definitely not have them now.

My own thoughts are the shield nerfs are awful and 50 barrier hp doesn’t make up for them. It’s laughable. I might be able to live without the armor, but I suspect she will need buffs down the road to give her more impact aside from her ult.

Part of me thinks the loss of the armor is fine as it gives her complainers one less thing to complain about, but some people are never happy with anything short of a character’s deletion.

I suggest shooting the messenger and mounting their head on a pike