New Experimental Card – June 23

Brig’s shield isn’t like Reinhardt where you can put it away often to avoid the cooldown. Shield dancing just got a lot more difficult. The cooldown makes her far more diveable against DPS. She needs extra time (through the shield being up) to get away or approach engagements since she is a melee character. She gets punished for being out of position more than others. The ability to shield bash is taken away without the shield which is now on a 5 second cooldown.

Her ability to give armor makes her unique from everyone else. Instead of disabling armor completely, maybe rework it to a percentage-based armor on health if they topped off. In the worst case scenario, let her do over healing on targets (through health) rather than nothing at all.

Overall I am not in favour of these changes.

On a side note please give a circle aura to inspire similar to rally.

2 Likes

What the… no Genji nerf?

true, the only thing that the live version off brig needs now are some buffs to her shield and her self healing that’s all, cause she is F tier below GM for a year now.

just don’t talk, it’s not fair that brig gets nerfed only because she needs less skill then ana who cares,

you are not the only one in a match 5 more players are shooting at brig so her ult is most of the time useless and doesn’t give the enemy team an advantage.

we can all see that you are a silver Genji main by your command cause it doesn’t make any sinds what so ever.

oop hahaah im dead!!

Tried playing Brig for a few games in experimental, she feels a lot weaker comparing to live version.
I see the reasons to remove the armor packs but on the other hand she needs some compensation so that she doesn’t become a throw pick.

buffing a already oppress as fricc character while leaving a dog crap hog in trash tier. Nerfing brig and take away one of the few options that she can help the other healer to survive a doomfist and genji 1 tap combo. Buffing a genji that is in already a decent place while dog crap soldier 76 remain trash tier. If bringing hero back in line with other hero in the same group is a main goal, how about you bring the damage that some DPS characters can do back in line with other dps? Typical blizzard balance changes where they love to contradict themselves.¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

yes, it is tottaly fine untill it requires skill. And brig is still broken since release.

there is a thing call zarya bubble that is 100% better then the armor pack. If you are nano blading into an enemy with zarya bubble, there are very limit option to stop him compare to armor packing him. Armor packing a nano blading genji is next to useless.

Nerfing armor pack is literally an indirect buff to genji and doomfist 1shot combo.

I would not say “weaker”, but the loss of the decision making to pre-armor allies is annoying af. It takes some of the fun out of Brig. I know the haters will never be happy until she has an .01% pickrate/winrate, but that “all-or-nothing” on armor is ridiculous. Quite frankly, there were fewer complaints when armor was higher. This all stinks of a typical anti-support, pro Ana/Lucio witch hunt as usual.

ARMOR IS NOT HEALTH… it is amazing how many even GM players are acting like they are equivalent, and armor does not function like straight-up health.

Thank you for making the supp role just like the tank easy kills for the dps… keep making the game just for dps gl on the q times.

Ps. Your team balancing has been horrible Im suprise you guys never wonder why ppl wont play tank and soon supp too.

7 Likes

When we only have 7 supports and two main healers of course ana will be good. She has both utility which a lot of other supports are missing or got removed through nerfs and high healing due to her nade.

The powercreep of DPS heroes has put a lot of our supports in the dumpster because instead of buffing healing or utility they nerf it. Brig changes, mercy changes, baptise changes.

The only support they’ve actively been buffing with good changes is moira. She is the only support able to outheal DPS powercreep at the moment that is AOE. Not single target.

Sym didn’t do armor. She has done shields which are different. They don’t do damage reduction, however they can regenerate.

Ana anti-nade is way more powerfull than brig’s repair packs…

“Her ult is basically a non ultimate ability” :confused:
Not really a good argument if you want to make a character sound good.

3 Likes

I’m actually okay with the idea behind removing the armor gained from the armor pack, but then that just leaves 3 stacks of a ranged heal to use even more sparingly.

This could work, but there needs to be a counter balance applied to it like:

• Extra healing pack
  • Lower CD on healing packs
  • Longer duration for healing packs
1 Like

I feel like Molly probably doesn’t have a response for this but… I think the change I proposed in a topic is a good balance for Brig. Would mean a lot if anyone at Blizz could see the post and reply.

Hey Molly.

Thank you for the updates in the Experimental card.

I wanted to take a moment and comment about Ashe.

While I do play the hero and I understand she has a large pick rate at the moment, I think the team should leave her as she is. The dynamite can be a little frustrating but for the most part it’s not that big of a deal.

Ashe still tends to fall short in her ability to duel more established heroes effectively. The changes made to her in the update before this adjustment were appropriate but not over torqued.

Heroes like soldier, McCree, widow have better overall duel capability and with Ashe as she is live, gives you the ability to outplay the duel but in an even matchup she’s still lacking.

I think a better approach would be to focus on tuning other heroes and Ashes strength will likely be pushed lower on the tier ladder than she currently is.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks…

Which is very understandable considering it’s an arcing projectile that can be blocked by shields, absorbed by Defense Matrix and Kinetic Grasp, with the debuff on enemies being cleansed by some abilities, and the ability overall being on a 10s cooldown and leaving Ana pretty vulnerable when it’s down.

Don’t get me wrong, Ana is definitely strong and I have no opinion on whether she deserves another nerf or not, but if you compare her grenade to an expandable, guaranteed (unblockable) long range burst heal ability with several charges and no aiming involved, I don’t find it that surprising for the 'nade to have the potential to do a bit more.

Love Ashe’s change, I think it balances her well as the viper requires skill but throwing a dynamite does not require skill as much. About Briggite, I think she deserves now a faster repair pack cooldown, as now it heals without overhealing. Not sure about the regeneration rate, but the new downtime seems reasonable. I do think her shield needs a bit more HP. Thanks!!