New dev update is just salt in the wounds

I think that having a conversation with members of the community, those who has shown dedication and want to discuss things, would fix that. Again, communication is two ways, a back and forth.

2 Likes

I’m curious.

What do the mercy mains want Mercy to do?

Seriously, take the time to write out a full stat-block for her that would make you happy. Health, armor, and energy shield values. Weapon/ability descriptions including cooldowns, ranges, falloff if applicable, and niche interactions.

No diffs. No changelists. No “what she currently has but change X to Y” garbage. The full statblock in a single post or get out.

Then compare that description to her current description and convince us that it wouldn’t be grossly OP.

I seriously want to know. What would make you happy? How do you think what you want would be balanced?

Deadeye, Barrage, Whole Hog and Coalescence. Those are all not particularly powerful ults. Deadeye and Barrage in particular are basically just suicide buttons against any team with 3 total brain cells between them. Valk is fine. It might seem boring because you’re just floating around holding a button but… that’s what Mercy is anyways to non-Mercy mains. Instead of turning your brain off, use that time to recon for your team or fight a Widow/Pharah your team otherwise struggles to reach or something. It’s what you make of it. It’s only a “”“spectator button”"" if you chose to make it boring and do nothing with it.

2 Likes

Oh, come on. At least they noticed that Mercy needs some changes. And they made that changes. Pretty slight, but still the changes! And replays! REPLAYS!

is the most liked post on the forums not something explaining the problems with mercy and giving ideas to solve it.

well that’s too bad, you’re not getting that, ever

3 Likes

This wasn’t the revert I had in mind.

On the plus side, there goes the ‘no reverts’ policy.

So Mercy differs to theese heroes how?
Ults that can be avoided by stepping behind a shield, around a corner or use stun/sleep:
Bastion, Dva, Doomfist, Genji, Junkrat (shooting tire), Mccree, Mei, Moira, Pharah, Reaper, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Soldier, Torbjörn, Tracer, Winston, Wrecking ball

For the healers:
Ana is up to 300 heal on one target and some extra damage for the hero getting it.
Brigitte is some armor and walks slightly faster for 10 seconds.
Lucio can be really good if timed correctly and not interrupted, but 6 seconds after getting it off its gone.
Mercy got increased healing and aoe healing during ult and unlimited mobility for its 15 sec.
Moira is a straight beam doing damage or healing to targets hit for 8 sec.
Zenyatta is immune to damage and does aoe healing for 6 sec while not being able to do anything but move around.

Zen and Lucio ults can save people from big damage, the other just heal more. So in what way is Valk suppoed to be so much inferior to Ana, Brigitte or Moiras?

1 Like

Let’s see you do better is a terrible argument, you know.

Using Aria Rose for anything other then watching one of the more toxic players in the game doesnt work though. She refuses to listen to anything but the voices in her own head. And when people show her facts she just blocks and ignores them.

2 Likes

She’s the one using the facts though?

The Mercy changes are amazing! I haven’t even read the other changes I’m so happy! Blizzard can’t possibly please everyone, stop being so selfish and entitled, just enjoy the game.

Not what I asked for. The problem with “the most liked post on the forums” is that it’s a melting pot of various changes rather than singularly focused state suggestions.

I want to know what “perfect mercy” looks like, preferably from multiple people since it will be different from person to person.

It also lets me know how reasonable, crazy, or clueless people are.

Mercy mains are already doing it with the suggestions. I just want to see a whole picture rather than the half-picture I already have in my head.

How about you @ her directly and not me lol.

Exactly
It’s not even a buff
Valkyrie will still be trash because 60hps is what it was at a couple months ago anyway and it was still trash then
Honestly this “buff” is a joke
At least ult charge matches its usefulness now lmao

1 Like

They have commented that they dont wanna revert her. And that they are keeping an eye on her. And that the stats show her as being the most balanced shes been compared to the other healers.
She might not be fun to mercy mains, but she is the most balanced she has ever been. If the devs only balanced around what players thought was fun the game would be in bad shape.
And saying that the ult that grants flying, chaining of healing/damage amp and improved self healing while keeping all regular abilities is the most booring is just ignoring some of the others.

Pharah can just look around and hope to kill all before they kill her.
Mccree can just try to get ult off before cced or killed.
Moira can move around and look around, but cant use abilities. So popping ult and then seeing a DVa bomb fly your way is an facepalming moment.
Reaper just stands there doing damage.
Roadhog walks slowly doing damage.
Zenyatta can only move around, all his abilities are locked during ult.

Please post your source for their comments regarding a revert. Because there is no actual statements regarding mercy since january’s ptr megathread. And even then there’s no comments regarding revert/rework. just the usual insult of “we’re reading feedback” but they dont do anything with it. So i’d love to see your source regarding that.

Lucio: “I’ll save the team!”
Any of the following says “Nope!” and stops the ult from going off: Ana, Brigitte, Doomfist, Mccree, Roadhog, Sombra
And then you can just be killed while in the air before hitting it.
Moira can be stunned and/or killed, Brigitte can be stunned and/or killed.

I really don’t know why People in the Blizzard Community are saying they are not listening and ignore feedback in Wow and in Overwatch?

Seriously though there were even surveys which kind of show what the mercy community more or less want. Also a ton of posts that kind of say “Valk is boring” since when…the very beginning? When she was op? And now they changed it back 1 nerf ago? I really am not someone who rages easy…i am not rageing now, but it’s still dissapointing to see them ignore our Feedback.

That being said they are not just ignoring the Mercy-Community…just look at Bastion. I feel soo bad for the Bastion-Community and it kind of breaks my heart that they keep ignoring them.

1 Like