New dev update is just salt in the wounds

Honestly blizzard, valkyrie isnt the ultimate mercy players want, any buff regarding it is just salt in the wounds, we want the revert or rework. Stop ignoring us. We’re getting bored of begging.

Edit: The buffs were announced in the ptr thread. They’re even more insulting.

Mercy

Valkyrie

• Ultimate cost reduced 15%
  • Healing per second increased from 50 to 60

Developer Comments: Mercy’s ultimate was charging a bit too slowly after her base healing was reduced in a previous update. These changes should restore some of her ultimate’s strength and let it build up more quickly.

~ Signed
The Mercy Ice Cream Movement :ice_cream:

66 Likes

After a year of getting nothing but nerfs, I’ll take it.

93 Likes

Agreed! And if they insist on keeping Valk please make it more interesting i.e. single target, 75-100 hps. Current valk is just boring

17 Likes

And it’s not happening. :grinning::grinning::grinning::grin:

3 Likes

I cant even take it, its entirely insulting.

9 Likes

this buff is gonna be great what are you guys talking about!? 15% less charge on valk is HUGE!

15 Likes

But valk itself is a useless ultimate. ultimates are meant to be game changing, valk is just a spectator button.

15 Likes

15% less charge on flying around like a chicken and barely healing anyone for anything useful. FeelsGood

13 Likes

-Ultimate increase charges 15% faster,
-healing during valk is at 60 again.

Thats the changes from PTR…

It takes now 15% less to charge It and now has 60 HPS during valk… Still not what we want…
I Don’t want her to be OP (I hated her must pick status), but i want to feel impactful and valk isn’t impactful

2 Likes

Both a rework or revert would take up a lot more time than a tweak.

They just dedicated a bit of their primary focus on Hog since he require animation work as well as deeper changes. Mercy will more than likely get her turn, but don’t expect it before other heroes (Like Bastion who probably is going to get a lot changed about him).

I agree Mercy needs a new Ult (Glorified Spectator Mode is uninstall-the-game-inducing levels of boring). But it isn’t as simple as hitting CTRL+Z or changing some numbers.

It is likely going to require animation, voice-lines, new mechanics (for a rework) or lots of tweaking (for a revert since old Ult was considered bad at certain ranks).

5 Likes

a revert wouldnt take long. they have mass res still coded for the halloween patch, it would literally be moving code backwards and forwards.

5 Likes

With how much you people hate Mercy why even play her? I think valk is a cool ultimate and the only thing keeping Mercy out these days is Ana being so strong.

2 Likes

I’d rather they just didn’t waste out time with meaningless buffs and instead just told us, “yeah we’re gonna rework/revert so that’s why she’s not seeing any changes at the moment.”

2 Likes

While I agree with you and also want her ult reworked. I think this is a bit of an overstatement. I’ve seen many Mercy mains saying they want to keep valk.

~ Signed

▂ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓩𝓮𝓷𝔂𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓪 𝓓 :doughnut: 𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓷𝓾𝓽 𝓜 :doughnut: 𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▂

The problem is not Mercy not being meta, It’s mercy being incredibly boring.

I’d take a non-meta (although not trash-tier either) Mercy over a meta but boring mercy any day.

4 Likes

Could always do nerfs until weakness creep pushes supports out entirely. :joy:

Here i am… walking out slowly…

1 Like

The halloween Mass Res is likely a scripted event and not the actual Ultimate from Mercy’s coding (hence why it wasn’t changed with the update). But while I have no doubt they have the old Res animation/code in their records anyways that doesn’t mean they can just add it in without lots of tweaks.

All versions of it were problematic. One being terrible and unsable the other having no counter-play and very upsetting to play against.

It requires more attention than, “Just revert her 4Head”

2 Likes

I know queen, it hurts. I’m on the verge of walking out too.

2 Likes