Nerf Pharah Damage

Since Pharah is landing more rockets, her kill rate should logically be higher as a result so nerfing her damage per rocket is not so much a nerf but an adjustment in reaction to now being pigeon holed into a close range brawler.

If thats not enought o base a nerf on than nerf her damage based on faster time to kill or ttk, hitscan dps do not have enough time to kill her especially if she has a mercy pocket.

7 Likes

Already takes 2 direct rockets + 1 shot or anything.

She’s not played as much and isn’t a problem when almost all the top DPS are Pharah counters.

Hitscan DPS have more than enough time, if Mercy is the problem, shooting mercy first then it might be. Or, answer with pocket vs pocket. Sombra’s also good to make her drop down.

8 Likes

Pharah is fine. Shoot her down.

4 Likes

You’re saying that like it’s a longtime, but because pharah is closer she’s landing that quicker than before.

So if a hero is too strong, we don’t have to nerf them if they aren’t played much?

They did before but pharahs time to kill has shortened

honestly I just need her audio fixed, so many occasions where pharah gets the drop on me and dive-bombs me out of nowhere, and I couldn’t react in time because I never even heard her jets. meanwhile you can hear lucio’s skates from 2 continents over

6 Likes

Fixing audio would resolve so many interactions in this game. I miss when Overwatch had industry leading audio design. Where did it all go wrong?

9 Likes

Actually speaking, projectiles heroes have more damage on their primary than hitscans do to balance between time travel distance of them.

Hitscans outperform pharah by a long shot for how overtuned they are and have been since a while, even more since the hp changes.

Even if you think her ttk is shortened, Hitscans ttk is much faster. Nerfing hitscans first and checking if Pharah outperforms them would be a first step, because as it stands, Echo’s the better pick of the two. Echo, Pharah and Junk have fairly similar pickrates across all ranks and for the most par, they stand always under Soldier, Cassidy, Tracer, Sojourn, Genji, Ashe in pickrates by a long-shot, even in bronze.

For the Mercy dilema, it’s not really a problem anymore, her rework makes pocket mercy inconsistent compared to pre-rework. And Mercy isn’t performing too well atm, but I think since the tank changes, she gained some more value unlike what forums claims.

OW2 is full of microbug too… and is just me or netcode is better in OW1?

1 Like

Why would they nerf Pharah when Sojourn, Cassidy, and Soldier are in every game? Hitscan dps are dominating the meta so there’s no point in nerfing Pharah.

This might just be a skill issue tbh, no offense.

Reasons.

Pharah is the hero with the most dependence on whether or not the enemy dps or her own supports are paying attention to her location.

1 Like

Yes and pharahs distance is shortened lately, exactly my point

That’s thanks to pharahs old play style being reworked out of the meta due to hitscan complaints, which now means low ranked or solo players need to deal with her much more and with even less forgiveness

Not so much before, but certainly so now

So what, do you want her rockets to do like 70 damage on a direct hit so it takes four of them to kill? Does that sound fair to you?

Zen nerfed in the past because JJonak could use him with a maximum potential. YZNSA will be dominant top1 Pharah and Echo player to eternity thanks to Devs.

:melting_face: I swear, some people don’t grasp how much it takes to be effective with some hero’s especially at the top end.

yes because apparently everyone is unaware that she had a rework where she also got multiple micro buffs, so even without mercy her rockets travel faster and have less time between firing.

her current death combo is 2 rockets + conc.

if the devs really are going for closer combat for her, than something has to be nerfed.

i actually think this could make her more fun, almost like venture gameplay but with more options for combos.

Then you will not be receiving your desired change because anybody could tell you that’s a stupid change

pharah is incredibly annoying as heck she was suppsoe to be nerfed but it never happened

Dude I cannot tell where the hell anything is coming from anymore. Footsteps make it sound like enemies are in the room beneath me when they’re 100m away outside. Can’t even heal my team sometimes because I’m too busy frantically looking around, trying to defend myself against flankers that literally aren’t even there. Not exaggerating.

5 Likes

I was just in a game where zen had the quietest charge volley. He was only around the corner.

2 Likes