Need a surrender button!

1 Like

This kind of match is extremely rare. To have luck with 5 others who dont care at all. And even in that case its you who think they dont care usualy. 6 people playing dps doesnt mean they dont care about win.

4 Likes

Problem with a Surrender option is you got to ask the question: does the benefits outweigh the problems it can cause?

Pros:

• End match faster
  • Safely leave when people already left

Cons:

• Increase in griefers and throwers (“Surrender or I throw” which I have seen in LoL)
  • People would abuse it badly, which then leads into the above con point. Things they would press to Surrender button for can be: Picking X hero, NOT picking X hero, first team fight lose, first death, losing first point (no matter at what time), they feel X support won’t heal, they feel that X tank won’t tank well, they feel X DPS can’t hit anything.

Also, what would the winning team get when the enemy team Surrenders? I mean when your SR is performance based, and you didn’t have a chance to perform well, that will hurt your SR gains.

What happens to the people who Surrender? Think to not have it abused you would need to add a penalty to those that request the Surrender.

There are tons of factors that go into it outside of “I HATE MY TEAM. LET ME LEAVE!” that normally comes from these threads. So how can leaving early outweigh the massive headache of surrendering?

5 Likes

Or you could simply leave. After other players have left you wouldn’t be penalized should you decide to leave. You are not forced to stay in the game. Your SR would be reduced due to a loss but it’d be the same as if you surrendered.

2 Likes

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve experienced games where it felt like we were doomed from the start. Team members would rage and throw a fit and say “gg” before the one minute mark.

A lot of those games actually ended up in victories and they are some of the most rewarding games. You never know. If you give up the moment things are looking rough, please don’t play competitive. It’s incredibly unenjoyable playing with people like that.

5 Likes

i don’t have time to try to carry my weight and someone that’s missing…how about ya shut up, and let us non-idealistic people talk for a change, rationally speaking, leaving an already lost game when there’s a 5v6 game and players of approximately equal skill come out to duke it out, the 6m group will win every time. being that is the case, why should i waste my time slugging it out knowing it’s going to be a loss at the end ?

1 Like

Because they have a surrender button in ranked you troglodyte.

Yes sports have injuries. However we are all human beings who presumably dont play games for a living.

If the enemy team leaves but one guy refuses to that means i have to waste 1-5+ mins of my time to gain SR i already got.

On the other hand. If im on the losing side and someone on my team left. I have to wait two minutes of my time to confirm they didnt just d/c. Since people who forfiet the match in my experience dont say anything before they leave.

You didnt already got anything. You will gain SR after game is finished.

That one guy is maybe playing seriously and dont want to lose 25 when he could lose less. and every 1 SR counts.

But does every 1 sr rly count on a coin flip

You sound like the guy who says GG after getting beat on the first push.

3 Likes

Just don’t play comp till they force 2-2-2 or a hard reset in SR.

1 Like

Yeah, I am going to start playing serious again when they implement 2 2 2. I hope they will honestly. Right now I am too tired to carry 4 useless dps every game.

1 Like

Or I can see the game is lost, that the teammates are literally yelling at each other, and that I don’t want to be held hostage by a system that punishes me for leaving at a point where the game is lost

It’s not over until you seen the end game screen, end of story. If you’re not trying to win up to that point, you’re throwing and no better than anyone else you’re complaining about. If you can understand that then you’ll see how hyperbolic it is to claim that you’re being “held hostage.”

Or, just use that “leave game” button and accept the consequences of your actions like a grown-up.

1 Like

Actually incorrect.

I’d rather you not imply falsehoods about me, thanks

Was that not obvious? Sorry if that went over your head

I also don’t like you implying I’m not an adult.

What a constructive and informative conversation! Truly you are the arbiter of great discussion.

lol

So instead Blizzard should keep the system which wastes 6 peoples time so that 1 guy may save 1-5 sr (i really dont know how much it is). Instead of a flat 25 along with time saving? Its a much better and efficient way to handle 1v6 games

If you dont care about 1-5 sr, you are not playing comp seriously.

I remember one game where enemy team was toxic to me for not leaving. I stayed to the end and my sr loss was only -17. If i would left with others i would lose 8 more sr.

1 Like

No im taking my time seriously.

A forfeit saves my time and everyone elses.

So you are playing comp for fun, not seriously ok. Sorry, but others who are taking comp seriously dont like this saving time idea.

2 Likes