NA player Samito "smurfing isn't a problem and I invite the forums to counter me"

This part seems hard for people to understand. It is not smurfing or wrong to play how you should play on a new account. GM/top500s will be high plat/diamond by the time they finish their first 5 games. And it likely wont take many games after that to make it to masters.

Legit players climbing will not ruin many games… may even save some people from a thrower/smurf. For example before RQ I had a GM player trying to learn heals on a new account… dps main. The other team had a smurf who made the mistake of talking trash… or GM said in voice “hang on a sec, I need to deal with this then I will go back to heals”. He swapped to Widow and destroyed them for a few minutes and then went back.

Smurfing isn’t about level which seems to confuse people… “He has silver border thats not a smurf LOLOLOL” Heard that so many times. I say “CHeck his profile, he is GM/Top 500” and they reply with “LOL noob he is in plat”

Sounds like this person is confusing smurfing and alternate accounts.

The seemingly constant stream of new accounts of high ranked players has killed the game for me. Feels like every round has a minimum of 1 and a max of 4 and it’s just a game of who’s no-star-bronze is the best (comp or qp).

Stop with your fairytales.

If you truely tryhard in qp as a top500 you can hit low master … dafran threw games with Lucio in qp and still got placed Diamond.

Stop defending this mental.

A Top 500 player plays 5 games in Plat

There are 11 other people in each lobby
6 of them do not deserve to lose because you’re not playing in your rank, 5 of them get a win that they didn’t necessarily deserve

That is 55 people you are effecting for only 5 games.

5 Likes

i seriously dont see the relation here??

Are you sure thats reason? or is it because blizzard didnt ban you and all your accounts. After all, it would be a huge PR WIN for blizz :slight_smile:
And, btw just noticed you after :slight_smile:

the opening minute or two seemed really out of touch, but you have to watch the whole video for him to put it all together

new accounts should start at the bottom, and the better you are, the more integrity your matches have. it’s the least bad way to do things

What you said he said is completely wrong - he said in the video he doesn’t enjoy stomping on lower skill brackets for fun - seems like you pulled that one out of your as- nice commentary when you didn’t watch the video

he’s not purposely putting himself lower, blame the system for not putting him higher if he tryhards the 15 hours or so of quickplay and than placements of comp for putting him in plat.

I mean to be fair, having multiple accounts is fine cause a lot of people will get placed into the same ranks as their main accounts.

However, purposefully ruining the matches of lower ranked players is far from fine,considering how Ranked can be pretty bad already.

Yeah that doesn’t really fly when one knows how the system operates and just does not care.
Many streamers have done (Bronze-Plat) to GM ‘challenges’ 6+ times, then try to say, ‘but its the system’s fault’. The system is partially at fault, and there may not be intent to ruin games, but it’s done knowing that many negatives stem from the willful action.

1 Like

Smurfing is the equivalent of Mike Tyson joining your local boxing club and unsurprisingly winning every fight.

7 Likes

Why do you keep advertising these people? oO

2 Likes
  1. Please don’t post the video; it gives him views and money. Instead, please lay out his arguments.
  2. It really sucks; I used to have great respect for this guy. He used to make some valid arguments on the forum, and is, as we know, a talented player of the game, but oh boy does he make me lose more and more respect for him every time he comes out with these hottest of hot takes.
1 Like

What an utter load of crap.

Smurfing is basically bullying players worse than you.

There’s literally no other reason for doing it apart from to massage your own ego and make other people suffer. It just happens that some people use Youtube streaming as an excuse to do it.

All his talk about skill ratings is rubbish - smurfing is INTENTIONALLY abusing the skill rating system.

:joy: what a joke of statement.
how ez would it be for him to tell you yhe same?

This guy really thinks his opinions are the one and only truth.

If a top500 players makes an alt account, tries hard and plays fairly they will climb into the rank they belong, which will probably be GM. It might even take a few matches, because the system kinda does that, but they will climb, it’s what the devs said.

But if they throw on purpose to stay in lower ranks to stomp players who just wanna play the game, they are trash. That’s why smurfing became a problem. Saying it’s not an issue is a lie.

3 Likes

Its unfun to play against. End of story.

If Blizzard cared about their game and community they would perma-ban this guy

1 Like

I’ve watched the whole video and this is one of the reasons why i wrote it. People fall for the words an influencer streamer says but if you watch how he says it and watch their streams, social media, you know how hes much different than the words they say for 5 minute sympathy.

I wouldnt be against it if there wouldnt be that much alts. If one ranks up to their real rank, a new one comes from another player. Other games resolve it by having secret ques for both new accounts rapidly ranking up and for throwers/trolls/smurfs. But OW devs seemingly just shrug it off and say “They rank up quickly. Whats the problem?”

2 Likes

I say good it’s bs like this what’s why he is crying he loses viewers🤷

1 Like