Mythical skin again to a new hero

Eh, I think it’s kinda lame to only drop 1 every 3 months. It’s going to take literal years for the entire current roster to get Mythic skins at this rate, and the roster is going to continue growing at the same time.

Would love if they could hire enough artists to drop 3 Mythic Skins a season. Wouldn’t even mind if you could only chose 1 free one for completing the Battle Pass and had to buy the other two. Would increase profits a ton and also make more people happy to get their main a skin sooner than later.

1 Like

Definitely the Shaxx logic.

I approve.

To me this looks like a legendary but then again so was genji.

1 Like

Is that if they only give the mythical skins to the new heroes in each SEASON, how many years will it take for the veteran heroes to get one? It’s literally overwhelming, it can easily take up to ten years if they’re releasing new heroes every year.

It’s very likely the mythic skin, cause in the past all mythic skin heroes got a banner on their own and all other Battle Pass heroes had a group Banner.

2 Likes

It’s a good skin but Star Sheep Orisa still feels more Mythic, idk maybe it’s more about that skin being really high quality.

1 Like

I mean the skin is labeld as “Battle Pass” reward, the hero is shown alone on a special edited graphic. The chances are very high that this skin is the Season 3 mythic skin. It’s also looks like that the theme for Season 3 will be “East Asia History”, which was leaked almost a year ago from a survey.

1 Like

Either way they’ll probably include most themed skins in the shop again and give Moira her 3rd clown skin or something random like that for the BP.

Here is the list from potentioal BP themes for past / future seasons:

• Space opera
  • super heroes
  • Middle Ages
  • Cyberpunk
  • Steampunk
  • Historical
  • urban
  • high fantasy
  • low fantasy
  • magical
  • horror / gothic
  • fairytale
  • Pop Culture / cooperation with musicians or famous people
  • World mythology (Greek, Nordic, east Asia history)
  • Anime
  • Comic
  • military / combat medic
  • Science
3 Likes

I’m personally interested in an Alternate
Universe theme.
Also maybe a crossover BP with their other games,I’ve been dying for an Auriel Mercy skin for years.

1 Like

I like the idea! But it looks like that they are really focused on releasing historical themed BP’s right now. I wouldn’t be suprised if the upcoming BP heroes are: Genji, Hanzo, Mei, D.Va, Kiriko.

1 Like

I swear to god if it goes to Kiriko. It’s such a ridiculous choice that it wouldn’t be surprising at all.

When I saw Kiriko and Blizzard’s promotion attitude towards her, I felt like they decided she was the new figurehead for the game.

But it would be wild for them to pick her over someone like Mercy, Tracer, or Ana.

2 Likes

I’m honest it will be 100% for Kiriko, but as a Kiriko main I don’t mind it at all, but yeah either Mercy or Ana would fit a mythic skin more. It will take YEARS until all current 36 heroes would have a mythic skin at all.

1 Like

I highly doubt Blizzard wants to have OW2 going for even 5 years. I think they literally take it month by month.

Oh yeah we should get Season 3 gameplay reveal next week. It looks like the press & content creators got access to Season 3 yesterday, cause the “Overwatch 2 Test Server” got updated to 2.3.0.

1 Like

Nowhere does it say this is a mythical skin.

Which Kiriko is.

Why? They already have a lot of skins. I don’t see why they should get preference over heroes with almost no skins.

I warned you not to assume it would be Mercy but again, you this is not confirmed as a Mythical or real. Wait a couple of days and if it is then freak out.

If none of my mains get anything decent in the battlepass I might skip this one. I don’t really play or like Kiriko enough to justify buying it for the mythic.

1 Like

Hawnu should deinstall ow2, only cares about Mercy skins. UwU - deserved Kiriko.

if true (the odds are high) I’d be doubly disappointed, honestly. for the lack of opportunities for the other supports (especially Moira) and because the theme seems particularly orientaler. a big mockery for Chinese users who have just been removed from the game due to corporate issues.

1 Like

The theme itself is more “East Asia History” and someone pointed out that this skin has something to do with japanese history. But yeah it’s sad that new heroes getting prefered over old heroes, but the skin itself is looking very cool. (The skin will be 100% the mythic skin for season 3.)

1 Like