My idea on Genji's buff

You tell me with all the Frogs camping the dead allies i could have ressed in valk…

1 Like

Doesn’t any good player also know countering:

• Rein’s shatter or D.va bomb just requires good barrier timing.

• Mei and Zarya’s ult requires a good Defense Matrix.

• Zen’s ult effect requires a well place nade.

• Reaper, Hog, Moira’s ult requires a good stun.

Ults can get countered without another ult being used. It’s not a Genji exclusive sorta deal.

Important Edit:

I know that, I was just explaining that because the person I was replying to implied that Dragonblade always forced another ultimate out.

2 Likes

Ah, yeah. That’s pretty fair.

2 Likes

You forgot something:

Well too be fair mercy flys at mach 500 and even faster when she spams guardian angel to her teammates.

I mean… There was a lot I excluded and didn’t feel like putting in there. But yeah… I’ve learned my lesson with Mercy’s ult… a lot. I just don’t take to the skies unless I need to or it’s an advantage to, and I definitely don’t if McCree or Soldier haven’t ulted yet.

I mean in a way of killing her team.

60hps won’t save the day.

the only way that would work is if his blade hit for like 90 per slash at most. I don’t think a lot of genjis would like that. Or they could give him the Hanzo’s ult treatment and make his slashes not be able to be damaged boosted. But a lot of genjis also wouldn’t like that either. Can’t really win.

Valkyrie has always been a weird ultimate to me, I never really feel it as much a threat until the Mercy goes battle mode and starts pistolling my supports to death.

Every time it’s popped I just go “Oh, whoop de do, she’s flying now, she comes for a rez she’ll just die, if I want to use my ult on the enemy the heck is she gonna do about it?”

I’m sold on this one, absolutely.

More individual impact, less of Genji being forced to pair with an Ana, I like it. As someone with over 300 hours on Genji, I’d be absolutely fine with this.

This one on the other hand, yes, the Genji community would massively despise this. Blade would be counterplayed by even Harmony orb since it would force an extra slash out of him. Dragonblade would be nearly worthless.

3 Likes

Is her healing increased in valk and spread out to nearby teammates or is just her base healing spreading out to nearby teammates? Cause either way valk is still a very underrated ult. Its just mercy without valk is so single target it hurts her for being a main healer.

Exactly. When I called out the enemy ults yesterday.

I was like: “They still have [insert any ults]”
My team: “oh ok”
Me again: “And valk too”
Our Sigma: “Who cares about that? lol”

I was honestly crying inside

1 Like

A legitimate tactic i could see is if Ana’s ultimate’s damage boost doesn’t apply to ultimates. If that happens, then Genji can receive more buffs to his kit.

30 damage shuriken is kinda necessary to keep him viable due to power creep. The most important thing they need to do however is to fix the audio cue and the animation of deflect. Deflect audio comes out before the animation, which shouldn’t exist.

1 Like

I’ve seen valk win plenty of fights before. Her ult aint that bad.

The only reason why i advocate for never buffing genjis damage is because you start to reach breaking points. i think hes better off getting his reload speed increased or his projectile speed increased.

I 100% agree on his reload speed being decreased.

I hope I got your question right:

Valk does increase her healing from 50hps to 60hps and chains to every ally withing 10m of the main target, also with 60hps.

Also make Deflect’s hitbox a bit thicker [NOT BIGGER], so that large projectiles can’t just outright glitch through the ability. The reason Deflect is so wonky right now is because the hitbox is so paper thin as to where projectiles can hit Deflect and Genji at the same time.

1 Like

Yeah so that’s a really good ultimate ability to be honest. I would say it’s better than moira’s coal. Except u just get coal more often.