My friends and I are being punished because we're GM?

Some solo queuers wanna be solo queuers, but since 6-stacks are scarce in GM, they almost always go against solo Q’s, which puts them at a huge disadvantage. You’ll way more likely work better as a team with people you know than people you just met (who could be throwers)

You aren’t being punished by playing other teams. You have the same advantages they do. It’s fair.

As far as GM teams, there probably aren’t the solo queue players to even balance a T500 stack.

Me, I always play solo.

I don’t understand what you are saying. Are you saying that having friends and a coordinated team shouldn’t be allowed because you will easily beat everyone else? Because I thought that was the point of a team game.

2 Likes

But you don’t have the same advantages. The advantage of having a six stack means you probably either know or trust the people you are playing with, meaning you can play at a professional level.

I like that idea.

2 Likes

Hmm? I was saying you shouldn’t complain about facing stacks when you stack, because you have access to the same advantages the other stack does.

Looks like Solo que and Team Que are needed. Blizzard tries to fix problems but creates more. Will it dilute the game search a higher ranks, sure, but look at the mess of confusion in this thread, because of Blizzard’s action.

1 Like

Me. I’ve solo queue’d for since season 3 or 4, and I solo queue’d to my peak SR 4562 which I’m extremely proud of.

Only this season, last week, I decided to duo queue because well, end of season games aren’t good.

But yes, I’ve been a solo queue player for the longest time and if you can ever find a picture of me in a stack, I’ll paypal you $1,000, because it’ll never happen.

Reason why I prefer solo queue? Honestly just always had bad luck in duo’s, hence my reasoning to solo for multiple seasons. I would never stack for SR, I just think it’s silly and it’s not accurate representation of you as a player. It’s an inflated number.

5 Likes

But you understand that solo queuing is not an actual representation of what a team oriented game should be at the highest level, no?

I understand that you don’t like to stack, but lets be real, that’s what the game is about. Coordination.

That’s an amazing SR though, you’re obviously a better player than myself.

1 Like

Yup.

Golds and low Plats are more likely to follow meta strats. In Diamond most people just pick someone with ACOG and pop heads. If you don’t believe me, even watch a Diamond streamer or YouTuber. It’s just pew pew.

They tried this in Heroes of the Storm. Didn’t work; not enough people used the premade queue. High-skill premades could sit in the queue all day and be no closer to finding a match.

Well, I did it several times as a solo queuer and I’m not amazing. I’m just a team player.

I think that’s obvious. However, there are barely any +3-stacks that queue for competitive, and the ones that do just create unbalanced matches. I’d be cool with +3-stacks if there were actually a plentiful amount of them going at it in prime time, but that’s not the case. +3-stacks in GM are way too hard to balance properly if there are no other stacks equal to that size, making the game extremely unfair because stacks are inherently coordinate going against solo queue players, which are not as coordinated.

There is some degree of coordination in GM, even if they’re all solo queue and off the voice chat. If you want pure coordinated teams going at each other, then take it to a scrim or a tournament.

1 Like

Tell that to the enemy team I played against last week which had 1 T500, 2 GMs, and 3 private profiles who played very, very well. This wouldn’t be the first time I immediately noticed a large skill gap, only to discover that each player on the red team outranked us by over 1k SR.

I’m literally ranked top 30 in all of north america, I know a thing or two about Siege (much better siege player than Overwatch, even though I’m a gm overwatch as well).

the fact that you think it’s as simple as acogs going pew pew leads me to seriously discredit your understanding of the game and that I doubt you’re an actual diamond.

No, you are just being asked by Blizzard to buy another smurf account to make other players miserable.

Sure, you need an understanding of the base game, but you don’t need teamwork and you don’t need to follow meta. Also your claim that it’s “nearly impossible” is totally unfounded since, even without all of that, the game is constantly plagued that broken mechanics which can be abused to climb easily.

I’m still waiting on proof that you’re actually a diamond ranked player in Siege, really not a difficult request. I’d be happy to share my credentials!

You will find little sympathy here, I’m afraid.

Even though I’m not a GM, I find this change completely absurd. Let’s prevent teams from forming in a game that has team work as a fundamental and core design.

They did the same with private profiles and removing win-rates in an effort even further obfuscate actual performance and make this game even more casual than it already is.

There’s nothing competitive about Overwatch anymore. Private profiles are in abundance and rife with people that use it as a shield to do whatever they want in Competitive.

This change like the automatic report system is designed to force the player to buy a new account for more profit.

Because let’s face it, what people will do is just buy new accounts so they can play with their friends and dominate the lower tiers of competitive as a result of this change.