My friends and I are being punished because we're GM?

If this were over all ranks that affected most of you, the forums would be in a riot.

It’s just “suck it up” because I’m gm and you this isn’t a problem most of you will ever face.

1 Like

the casual / lower ranks have (mostly) adjusted to the many hero changes based on grandmaster, contenders and league play and feedback. even if there was an outrage (which i can see and do not refute) slowly but surely people would adjust to it, should they continue to the play the game.

you make it sound like you’re never going to enjoy your time playing again and that it’s the end of the world because you’re reduced to only one other member. if you all still play as religiously as you do, and are close as you imply, then it should not be an issue (if it’s just a mix of a duo between the three of you.)

if the other modes aren’t fun to you, i’m not sure what to tell you. if this truly is the deal breaker, then it’s time to move on.

Who wants to play a team game at a high level with randoms?

2 Likes

My friends are scared to play with me because of my high level.
Turns out that the higher the level, the more difficult the games can be for lower levels (casual players).
High level as in high level not SR. just to clarify

1 Like

Did I miss something? GM can only solo or duo que now? What about six stacks against six stacks? Because if you can do that you can just take your 3 stack to LFG and pair up with another 3 stack.

Post earlier today about it.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate, I’m not in GM but I can understand the reasons why they did this. Maybe they can implement a separate que for 6 stacks in GM to go against other 6 stacks. And the other que can be for solo and duo que?

3 Likes

Actually competitive should have two separate-modes

“Solo&Duo” for most of the people without a premade.
“3 stacks & 6 stacks” for people with teams like you.

Playing on a premade of 3 people is a huge disvantaje vs any soloer in any rank

4 Likes

Friends? In Overwatch? in GM?

1 Like

Obviously not my real life friends, but they’re friends I made through competitive gaming that I now spend time in real life with. Happens a lot at the top of any game, even in Siege I play against the same people every night. You make friends.

They really need to make a seperate Q for 3+ stack or something… maybe consolidate some servers or something, idk. This does seem sort of odd, considering it’s a online game and everything.

Absolutely this. I do not know why everyone prefers solo solo queue advantage over stack advantage.

Because a lot of people are allergic to teamwork

Just what I want, a group of high rank GM’s in my arcade matches with us gold rank players.

Yes it happens ALL the time and they steam roll and carry the team most of the time.

I agree with you. It sucks they are doing this. God forbid they do it to other ranks, that’s when I am done with this game. I only play comp in a 6 stack and if they rolled this out to other ranks with out some sort of group que, I would be done.

imagine even defending this decision in a team based game

you mean by making ques faster and less 1 sided (casue TBH a pre-made group of 4 vs 3 groups of 2 have a much betetr chance of winning given their use to playing with each other)

I’m amazed at how many people don’t want a team based game to be just that. What it’s marketed as, what it’s built around.

I actually agree. Its a really poor decision because not only does it not make it a fun team based that you can play with friends, but it hinders who you can play with and how well you can form your team comp. Its people’s choice to six stack or to play with whoever they want. If you find that you go against six stacks at night then don’t play at night. Not a smart move by the devs at all smh

1 Like

I already can’t play with my friends in comp because of group sr limits. So we play other modes together.