My friend got banned for no reason

Suspended until 5 may, i was excited to play with him this friday.

The reason iam writing this is that in the email they didnt specify the reasons!!! How can you ban someone without giving reason and providing evidence? Thats totally ridiculuous, is there any solution?

If i got ban like that after 7 years and 6k hours without reason i would be extremely furious, thats so evil and disrespectful.

10 Likes

There was a disconnect bug recently that would instantly ban people from competitive if they were disconnected from the match but I think that’s been patched already. Blizzard is working on a way to ensure all of those people hit by the bug will get unbanned (hopefully soon), but his ban may expire before they fix it internally.

But if your friend is saying there was zero explanation at all for being banned then he’s probably lying and just embarrassed about whatever happened, because he probably assumed he wouldn’t get caught or reported.

I saw the email, there was no reason, just info - your account is banned until 5th may for violating code etc. no reason , no screenshot, no proof, could be just from people who enjoy reporting, its crazy honestly

6 Likes

Blizzard is never going to send a basic e-mail with no description. At best your friend can file a support ticket with Blizzard if he feels he needs clarification. That’s not a guarantee that he will get more information.

I have no doubts that your friend isn’t telling you everything.

2 Likes

That’s all they send. :thinking:

6 Likes

Because quoting things or giving reasons would require a more elaborate system, or someone to verify or add that info if it isn’t automated. So what’s easier, a standard form letter that tells you nothing that you can send to every actioned account, or something that addresses what the individual is supposedly banned or actioned for?

And there’s your answer.

1 Like

But there is a reason…

Broken CoC.

1 Like

:clown_face:

1 Like

Only way you’re going to prove that to me is if you screenshot your browser window with the e-mail in full screen where you can read the entirety of the e-mail. No edits or chops.

1 Like

I haven’t been actioned. I also have no interest in “proving it” to you. I’ve seen friend after friend get actioned and they had nothing in their e-mails IF they even got an email. It’s been talked about over and over in overwatch forums.

How you missed that, I don’t know, but miss it you did. That you’re then in here telling other people how the system works when you’re completely clueless just reinforces that you tend to speak out your back end without really knowing what you’re talking about. :+1:

Aren’t you the guy who was scared to lose their GM account because you’ve been banned before?

Well I’ve never been banned, so no? I have said I have no interest in doxxing myself to this forum though, is that what you’re talking about?

You said you have an account in GM that you don’t want to risk losing so you make alt accounts and abuse them. I’m almost certain you have an account that’s been banned before. That’s ok though, we don’t have to talk about it any further. You can’t provide proof as it is.

Are you confusing me with Qrow? lol

I have alts, everyone in gm has alts. I have never been banned or actioned. The proof about being actioned with no details or even an e-mail has been widely discussed. Again, you missing all of it is one you can go google and correct yourself if you really want to.

I’d suggest you stop talking about things you aren’t informed on though.

2 Likes

It is you. You’re the guy with the Quickplay account who claims they play at a GM level. Not only that you talk trash about people who aren’t in GM. Then when you were confronted about it you said you had no need to prove that you were in GM and you wouldn’t bring your account here. You said you were worried because you had friends who lost their GM accounts. Your Quickplay information is still available publicly by the way, even if you made your account private after the fact.

143W/132L quickplay account is what… a 52% winrate?

I don’t claim, first off.

I dont have any need to prove Ive been gm in OW1 and throughout OW2. Again, I’m not going to doxx anything beyond this account’s name to anyone in this forum.

I haven’t had “some” friends actioned in OW2. Every single person I know has been actioned, some lost their accounts, some didn’t. I don’t give out details of my accounts here not because I’m “afraid of being banned” I’m just not going to add to the chance of it for no reason, ESPECIALLY given the climate with the current report system and mentality in this game.

What quickplay information? :laughing:

You make up claims that you play in GM, you trash talk people on the forums for not being GM level players, and your QP forum account has a 52% average winrate across almost 300+ games. That’s not even remotely close enough to play in GM.

The burden is 100% on you to prove that you have a GM account.

I don’t trash talk people for not being gm. I might point it out where it applies to someone’s understanding of a game or when I get talked down to by someone that’s 2k SR below me.

I had plenty of friends over the years that played in all kinds of SR ranges. I don’t have anything against people regardless of what rank they’re in.

No there is no burden at all. You don’t have to believe me. :person_shrugging:

I don’t know why you keep bringing up stats that haven’t been accurate since OW2 came out either.

1 Like

Why don’t you just make your throwaway account public then? Why does it have to be private

What aren’t you getting here dude? Even this account is minimal information provided. The last time I played on this account was more than 2 years ago. Take your pick there.