What can be done about unfair bans?

I’d say it’s pretty accurate considering you had no clue how your friend was banned. You were just feverishly denying that it could have been for any normal reason, and instead choosing to believe that a system which ban players from their game is completely automated and handled by computers. It couldn’t be for any other reason… right?

this THIS THIS. the player base has gotten so soft… Also context matters. I would never ever ask someone to swap or play different in QP because thats what the mode is for.

In competitive the ONLY GOAL IS TO WIN… If i was negative KD like 4-10, intentionally not swapping/trying a different play style and have less dps that a healer as a dps role, well i deserve to be yelled at by the 4 other players trying… Its not fair to the 4 other players, they have a right to be upset and express that… and if i get butthurt and throw harder, I deserve every bit of a gameplay sab ban…

No, it’s not.

You don’t know who they know how to play. The hero they’re playing is more often than not the best hero they know how to play in that situation if they’re not swapping.

A majority of these games also have added or have always had ban systems, even notoriously toxic games like CoD and LoL.

As it turns out, people don’t like being in toxic environments. They don’t like it when sexism is allowed, they don’t like it when slurs are thrown everywhere, and they don’t even like it when people berate them repeatedly for their performance. You know this. That’s literally the reason that people do these toxic behaviors. They don’t do them as a gesture of kindness.

So studios had a few options. They could let their games further sink into a cesspool of toxicity and even illegal behavior in some countries(think Rust), or they could at least take some action to set guidelines for community behavior. Setting guidelines would ban a few toxic people, but these individuals are people responsible for creating an environment that drove many more away.

Does that mean that I think OW’s particular report system is good? No, I’ve voiced many criticisms of it in the past. It seems pretty far behind it’s contemporaries.

But you’re not arguing against the specific ways this report system works, are you? Your “just mute” argument kinda makes it clear that you’re against the system in general.

Did you not get enough :clown_face: badges in the last thread Patrick?

Are you already running out of comebacks? Why am I not surprised… your behavior says enough about your character as it is. I learn more about you every single day.

So no then. My friend got banned for no reason

I really enjoyed your Netflix show btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mva2nGveYss

Thank you for bringing that up. I was trying to avoid exposing you any further, but you did it for me. Apparently you had enough of me then, because you quit responding to my posts for a while.

Surely you, of all people, know how the system works… because you wouldn’t talk down to someone else if you didn’t know the truth, right?

We pretty much covered it all already. :person_shrugging:

And you have nothing to say for yourself now?

Nothing. There was at least someone working there on this, but they’re long gone, it’s bots now.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/oBjMMEyrjBM :joy:

Yeah… I didn’t think so. I’d probably stop talking down to people on the forums if I were you.

I’d probably worry more about my alibi if I were you. Isnt that right Patrick?

As I don’t play with you, I can’t say what you said or didn’t say…

That’s really disingenuous of you.

Misgendering on purpose… Nice.

And you people wonder why you are reported in game :woman_facepalming:

We can keep going if you want. I have some free time. I think you and I both know how it will end, though. You should just stop while you’re still behind.

Yes it’ll go for another 200 schizophrenic posts from you but you’ve already earned enough :clown_face: badges from just the linked thread that I can save myself the time in this one. :wave:

I mean… you can certainly try to spin it around, but we both know how the last one ended. So I’d prefer it if you stopped talking down to people, and I wouldn’t have to interject for them.

Dude there’s no hope for you. :joy:

So no then. My friend got banned for no reason

I really enjoyed your Netflix show btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mva2nGveYss

I get that you’re trying to be confusing, but… the repetitiveness is getting old. Maybe you could try a different approach?

I’m expecting these comments to get deleted tbh. I care more about making my point and defending myself from unfair treatment than getting silenced for how I chose to say it.
I’m not making any kind of complaints about getting unfairly silenced over what I said. Though I will complain that if I get silenced over what I’ve said so far, then yeah, that is also dumb. Add it to the list lol.
Besides: again, another guy came in with the insults and I’m the only one getting crapped on for returning fire. Hypocrites, the lot of ya.