My Dream patch notes, what are yours?

You may not agree with everything here, so give me your opinion and tell me what you would change or wouldn’t change. Positive feedback is also appreciated. I’m not going to explain why every decision is here in this post. Thanks. Also, give me a list of your dream patch notes.

These patch notes are aimed at making the tank and healer synergy weaker, but not bad. It’s too strong right now at high levels of play. This will also be opening up more strategies and counterplay at the highest levels of play.

• Armor Effectiveness reduced from - 5 to - 4

SUPPORT

Ana

• Nano no longer heals

Brigitte (I honestly don’t know wtf to do about this hero, these are just some ideas)

• Inspire healing effects reduced by 50% only for herself. Everyone else gets same healing
  • Armor from ultimate ability disappears after 30 seconds
  • Armor from ultimate ability max at 75 armor instead of 100
  • After using shield bash, Brig can no longer hold shield up for 6 seconds
  • Increased damage of shield bash to one-shot combo tracer again
  • Reduced angle of shield bash effective radius (requires more precision)
  • Shield bash now travels a further distance
  • Shield bash cooldown increased from 5 seconds to 6 seconds

Brigitte is a failed hero in my mind. She wasn’t designed to add anything to the game, but to counter a bunch of stuff already in the game (Blizzard specifically said she was made to counter dive, not to add more layers to Overwatch). I would like to see her temporarily disabled and reworked to have a more in-depth kit.

Lucio

• Soundwave knockback strength reduced 10%
  • Speed aura radius increased by 20%
  • Heal aura remains the same

Mercy

• Rez removed from basic ability
  • Ultimate ability replaced with 5 - man rez

Moira

• Fade no longer makes moira invisible, just now makes a shadow. She will still be invulnerable, but you can see where she is going.

Zenyatta: IN A GOOD SPOT

DPS

Ashe (This might be too much, might pull it back a little)

• Coach gun no longer knocks enemies backwards
  • Movement speed reduced while scoped
  • Magazine size reduced from 12 to 10 shots
  • Coach gun and dynamite cooldown increased to 11 seconds from 10 seconds

Bastion

• Magazine size decreased to 30 from 35

Doomfist

• Reverted back to old kit before nerf, then (see below)
  • Shields are only granted after getting a kill in close proximity to a target (30 shields per kill within 4 meters) instead of on each ability.
  • Uppercut momentum blocker time decreased to allow for 2 primary attacks before control is restored to target.
  • Rocket punch cooldown increased from 4 sec to 7 sec
  • Ultimate ability launches doomfist into the air, but now out of the map. He jumps very high and can be taken down by the enemy team before he hits the ground. He has a 4 seconds while he’s in the air to decide where to punch down on, he can aim in any direction. If he is within 2 meters of his target, it will do 300 damage. If he gets a kill, he gets 30 shields if he’s close to them. This ability will not go through shields, but it will break any shield it hits regardless of shield’s hp.

Just some ideas here, not my official recommendation. I think doomfist should be more killable than he was but keep some of his old killing potential with a little less power. Also have him an ult with more counterplay that doesn’t mean guaranteed kills or is a “free redo” button.

Genji: IN A GOOD SPOT

Hanzo (I’m going to get a lot of crap for this)

• Arrow charge rate reduced by 10%
  • Arrow projectile speed reduced by 10%
  • His jump ability has been removed
  • Scatter arrow now replaces rapid fire, with maximum damage at 400 (it used to be more than that if I’m not mistaken)
  • Scatter arrow has the cooldown it used to
  • Sonic arrow has cooldown and radius it used to

Junkrat: IN A GOOD SPOT!

McCree: IN A GOOD SPOT!

Mei: IN A GOOD SPOT!

Pharah

• Reverted back to rockets with more splash, less direct hit (totaling 120 direct hit), and slower rate of fire

Reaper

• Lifesteal remains at 30%
  • Healing orbs (souls) now drop from dead enemies that heal him for 15% of the dead enemies maximum health. Orbs that heal more (tank souls) will be larger in size than a tracer or a squishy hero’s orb

Soldier 76

• Damage per shot increased from 19 to 20
  • Spread begins after 3rd shot instead of 4th shot

Sombra

• Not sure how her effectiveness is right now, would look to make changes later

Symmetra / Torbjorn

• Not really sure how I feel about new sym/torb, would have to wait and see what pros do with it

Tracer

• Pulse bomb damage increased from 300 to 400

Widowmaker

• Scoped charge rate reduced by 15%
  • Hook cooldown increased to 12 seconds from 10 seconds.

TANKS

D.VA

• Cooldown from putting defense matrix down increased from 1 second to 3 seconds
  • Booster cooldown increased from 5 to 6 seconds

Orisa: IN A GOOD SPOT

Reinhardt

• Primary attack speed reduced by 5%

Roadhog (I’ll also be getting crap for this too)

• Fires 4 shots instead of 5
  • Hook cooldown begins after hook finishes the pull or misses (this is a nerf)
  • Healing makes Roadhog stationary
  • Healing no longer provides damage reduction
  • Fire rate reduced by 33%
  • Damage per shot increased by 33%

Winston: IN A GOOD SPOT

Hammond

• Roll ability cooldown: 2 seconds after transforming in or out of ball
  • Fixed bug making hammond’s ground slam inconsistent

Zarya: IN A GOOD SPOT

1 Like

I support your decision to revert Pharah 10000000000000000%

I need to rebuild my list, but this stuff

torb reverted to closed beta mechanics
that is all.

I’m profiling this, and also going to read these while I queue tonight.

For now, I leave you with these:

Ana:

• Biotic Grenade now has 2 charges, but only 1 grenade can be thrown every 4 seconds.
  • A successful offensive assist with Sleep Dart will reset its cooldown.
  • Maximum Health incresed by 50 Shields.
  • When Nano Boost is applied to a friendly target, Ana will receive a residual effect which applies a speed boost and 25% damage reduction to.

The intent of the speed boost and damage reduction is to better assist Ana in providing support to her intended Nano Boost target, and additional Shields will grant Ana a bit more endurance and margin for error without relying entirely on her Biotic Grenade and her team.

Brigitte:

• Shield bash cooldown reverted to 5 seconds.

Now that Shield Bash has been successfully gutted, it now needs to be more flexible in regards to movement. This will also help rebalance the Brigitte/Tracer matchup to be more skillshot-oriented instead of Recall-dependent.

Orisa:

• Maximum Health increased by 25 Armor.

ults nerfed across the board
solo-queue only option

What on earth did I just read?

4 Likes

Where’s the skillshot? Are we talking about shield bash here?

“We are reverting back to launch version and trying again, since we obviously don’t have a handle on this anymore”

Tracer pulsebomb reverted or buffed in some way
Rein nerfed to be brought back from orbit
Mercy buffed

Glad you guys don’t get to decide what’s gonna get changed. These are mostly horrible, no offence though.

4 Likes

Yeah, Blizz is doing so much better though :open_mouth:

Compared to what was mentioned here?

Definetely.

3 Likes

Oh man, some people still believe that much huh.

Well good on ya I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

Brigitte:
We have finally accepted that she was truly a case of atrocious game design and since we can’t really change her without making her useless, we are deleting her.
PvE:
We are finally adding a campaign mode with an actual story and not whatever we have Chu pull out of his behind every now and then.

1 Like

No.

No

NO WAY, are you stupid?

No

No

Why? No

No. Stop.

HAHAHAHA. No.

Yeah you have no idea how to balance, or how long a second in OW is. No way.

As if it’s not already slow enough… No.

No. Terrible.

Sorry, but I’ve come to the conclusion that you have absolutely 0 idea how to balance. The only one I sort of agree with is reverting Pharah.

3 Likes

An Ana main’s wet dream lol

Doomfist:

• Ultimate cost reduced by 30%
  • Primary fire damage increased by 20%
  • Primary fire projectile speed increased by 20%
  • Primary fire spread reduced by 20%
  • Rocket punch maximum damage reduced from 250HP to 200HP
    Comments: this allows Doomfist to pull off the same combos as he could before the previous patch, but his CC will still be weaker and his combos will be much harder and more skilful to land.

Brigitte:

• Shield reduced to 300HP
  • Repair pack cooldown increased to 10 seconds
  • Repair pack decreased from 150HP to 75HP
    Comments: Brigitte is still way too overpowered for how little skill she takes. The game would be in a better state if a hero as easy as Brigitte was an off-meta hero like Torbjorn or Symmetra.

Widowmaker:

• Grapple cooldown increased to 12 seconds

Hanzo:

• Lunge cooldown increased to 8 seconds

Ashe:

• Dynamite cooldown increased from 10 seconds to 12 seconds
  • Bob duration decreased from 10 seconds to 6 seconds

Soldier:

• Primary fire increased to 20 damage
  • Helix rocket self-damage removed
  • Helix rocket self-knockback increased by 50%
    Comments: this grandpa is one of the worst heroes in the game and is in urgent need of a buff
1 Like

For real :joy::joy::joy: These suggestions would kill multiple heroes.
I’ve seen a lot of bad suggestions in the forums, and this is right up there with the worst.

As much as I can understand people still straight up hating the character. It’s overkill at this point and McRightClick deletes her.

Hurtful, unless her aim when scope is finally consistent.

Curious on this one. It’s a good weapon no doubt, can be a better choice than turret for certain situations.

No…I mean things keep getting more straightforward, damage keep increasing, and you wanna slow this. Can’t be. Does not need to be faster, but slower hack with everything happening faster now ? Nah.

Agreed.

Not with damage increasing. Even the upcoming nerf are too much just because of the increase in damage.

Same as above.

Too much.

Overall it’s your “dream patch notes” but you put some overkill stuff in there, a bit biased by straight up hate for some characters.