Most DPS players already can't

Show the evidence, it isn’t hard if it is blizzards own numbers. It actually makes what you say look valid.

Otherwise, everything you say doesn’t look valid at all.

Because it’s hardly used.

Or Lucio. Or Zen. Or Baptiste. Heck in some scenarios, even Moira.

I will - I mean this number is widely accepted and you coming in “demanding evidence” means nothing

By who? Those numbers are very wrong. I have dms (on twitter) with owl staff who supports the 5v5 change because the ratio of tanks to dps is 1:5 in WoW and even worse in ow. And I highly doubt that dps players quit more than tanks.

If dps are 50%, tanks are 10% at best. Very likely closer to something like 55-35-10

I cannot believe we are even arguing this question.

Why? Its a rather known metric that in games the ratio is like 1:5 of tanks:dps

Fine if you want to accept that. It only reinforces my point.

Queue times alone are a direct indicator, with Tank on average 1-2 mins less than Support, which is usually a few minutes less than DPS.

Im not talking about any original point u made, solely this made up ratio, even tho the ratio is 1:5 and even worse in ow.

It’s not made up. I mean search it on the forums, I don’t make up stuff bro.

FWIW if we use Overbuff for a statistic, which is questionable for this:

Tank: 28%
DPS: 33%
Support: 38%

I think we can likely agree that the larger numbers in Tank/Support are due to flex overlap from DPS, because if those percentages were anywhere NEAR reality the queue times would be almost equal. No way in hell DPS is 33% alone, and Tank 30%.

Yea those ratios seem very off, theres only few things I trust overbuff with because it doesnt factor everything.

Either way, I didnt bash on your original point (idk what was it), Im saying that the ratio is very likely even worse than 20:50 between tanks and dps. It is generally a reinforced thing that tanks are only 20%, but its worse now.

Also in ow theres another thing to consider and thats what is the ratio of tanks to dps in comp vs qp. Im actually curious for that, and if theres any noticeable difference.

The percentages are not fixed; the flutter around based on character popularity, meta, etc.

I am 90% sure that in an AMA that Blizz has referenced this 50/30/20 ratio because while at any point its not exactly correct, its a pretty close.

Main thing about those stats, is that they do not specify, if player actually intends to play tank as tank, or simply wants priority passes.

I reckon that its likely worse ratios now than back when it was said regardless.

Nevertheless, why Im curious for comp vs qp is that whether I play tank or dps in either of those, I feel rather drastic difference. My tank q in ranked is like 5 seconds and my dps q in ranked is like x2-x3 of the qp one. Now yes ofc theres likely more casuals than ranked grinders, but if u assume that it converts with same percentages, the ratios would stay the same. What it seems to me is that the ratios become way worse in ranked, and thats where the 20%:50% doesnt seem right.

Why am I so curious about it? Its because I believe that playing tank in ow has a psychological barrier of stress, nervousness and feeling of burden when u are the tank, because its so hard nowadays, so painful and still for some reason people think u are the only role that matters, its far easier to play tank casually than ranked. Going from two tanks to solo tank is a decision I believe doesnt take this philosophy into consideration and can result in very bad queue times.

Yes, true, but when it iss used, no DPS say anything about it.

They are too embarrassed to speak about it. Just like in TF2 no one usually mentions, that Medic killed them with syringe gun, while they were Soldier or other “combat class”.

It’s kind of unspoken “honor code” - if you or your teammate died in embarrassing way, you do not mention it.

Precisely, they know they got outgunned, by Mercy players, not by some kind of ez game mechanics like with Moira or Brig

In case of Moira or Brig, you can blame “no skill” mechanics for your failure. Complaining about Mercy killing you not only would make Mercy player giggle, but will make your own team laugh at you for being bad at game.

1 Like

That s the case with OP’s post. Mercy players win the duel by themselves, no one can complain about it.

Brig and Moira, on the other hand, just win by the DPS being bad, doesnt prove that Brig or Moira players are any better.