Most DPS players already can't

I would think tank is lower
Support could be a few minutes, and on high ranks it could be almost as long as DPS queue, while tank remains seconds…

1 Like

I agree with this, I suspect Tank is down around the 15% level at best.

Supports do to much damage so it’s understandable

1 Like

But that’s the thing-
A lot of us started playing OW because we don’t want to play a game more in line with “other similar games”. We want OW, not generic FPS game 3000.

1 Like

But OW isn’t the OW that I purchased years ago. It became generic MOBA game 3000, and many of us want back the game that we fell in love with.

I could very well be wrong but it appears to me that OW2 is heading in that direction (and I believe the current game already is for high level play to be fair). I’d like to see players – and not hero choices – be the ultimate determinant of matches.

It’s unwise choice, as appeal of most popular role is exactly in not having weight of choices on your shoulder.

I don’t see it working out, as enough DPS players will find, that it’s not fun to play anymore - their freedom to pick anything, unlike other 2 roles, would be gone.

Aim is countered by mobility. Tracer and Genji require aim, but have an advantage because of their mobility. Without CC or soft tracking they will run wild just like in the seasons before Brig was introduced. Blizzards refusal to nerf hyper mobility is what brought Brig. It was a lazy way to solve the issue that inspired more problems. All they had to do was nerf their poster girl.

Asking someone to be leagues better at aiming to account for having a disadvantage in mobility in a duel is too much. This is why zen is cheered when they beat a tracer because they are at a disadvantage and still manage to get the KO. People cheer underdogs.

If you have tried to play both of those heroes, you will see mobility will throw off your aim almost as much as the enemies. So yes, comes OW2 they will be nerfed or reworked in some forms, but still they should be strong because Genji/Tracer players can aim with swift movements, which is harder than just walk and aim.

1 Like

Yes of course. I actually just started using Tracer in fact and find her to be very fun. I can tell already that there is a lot of tech that I need to learn and master to excel with the hero. Honestly if I came across as being critical of the heroes themselves then I apoligize. My point was that aim + mobility will have an innate advanatage over heroes who just rely on aim or tracking, and that Blizzards refusal to keep mobility in check (re: hypermobility) led to them adding a CC monster. With the removal of this CC among other changes mobile heroes will have no checks and will dominate the game if there are not drastic changes in the coming months.

So far we have seen DPS getting all the cool shiny toys, and tanks and supports are not only losing their identity, but now will just be weaker DPS who heal/ tank sometimes. This is an issue I am concerned with, and given the balance choices of this company I am not the most optimistic.

1 Like