Moira's 'bug fix' is worse than we think ( Proof )

tldr; Even the tiniest amount of the barrier can completely block your entire heal, even if you have perfect line of sight of the silouete of your teammate who is close to you.

Visual representation made by blame the controller - Overwatch:

As you can see, the healing cone does not register while she has complete LOS of the teammate. It is inconsistent, the barriers can stop healing that should be landing.

Posting the video for the creator because as he says, he does not have the level required to share it:

Please, reconsider this change.

166 Likes

I still find it incredibly interesting that before pushing this to PTR, at no point did a Blizzard employee actually test healing a hero next to a barrier.

Like, how. I can understand most “glitches” getting through, but I would’ve thought this would be the first thing any tester would try.

81 Likes

it’s still just ptr, but if i’m being honest i won’t be surprised whatsoever if this makes it to live along with all her other new bugs.

13 Likes

I am actually terrified after watching this video. I found it on top of reddit so I am honestly hoping that they will pay attention.

4 Likes

Ok, this is BS, you win, at least fix this before making it to the live server, for the god’s sake.
Silly me, there i’m, thinking it not should be that bad.

12 Likes

Try not to get too optimistic.

And to think that she has healing meter of all things.

Imagine having your healing meter running down while the healing itself not registering at all. This is a disaster.

38 Likes

Blizzard please.
what are you doing …
dont destroy moira … Thank You …

25 Likes

Just came back to the game, and there was a healer I liked playing. Oh well guess that’s over. Thanks Blizzard!

14 Likes

especially if who you’re trying to heal is critical and it just… doesn’t register. could potentially lose a whole game with that.

then you get hit with the “moira not healing, gg” “moira throw” “report moira”

5 Likes

Oh wow, that’s as bad if not worse than deflect was. How could it go live in that state.

Jk, the PTR is not for testing and feedback is ignored. Oh well, they should fix it in about six months to a year.

18 Likes

Ha ha ha –

’ It is not like I don’t want to heal, it’s just the game doesn’t let me to ! ’

Two years in this game, I begin to see everything.

5 Likes

“moira why aren’t you healing me”

“i’m trying my damn hardest, believe me”

17 Likes

Didn’t realize this was a thing, actually.

I accepted the bug fix / nerf upon reading the patch notes, but if this doesn’t get fixed before it leaves the PTR I’d be pretty upset. Really hope Blizzard’s paying attention here.

5 Likes

Whyyyyyyyyy?

18 Likes

And I was just starting to get good with her. Found that balance between offense and heals. Oh, well. I’ve been meaning to learn Widow for a while. sigh

1 Like

the heal not going through that part of the barrier is most likely a bug, although… I don’t think they can really fix it

You see, Moira’s heal is a cone, it looks like it’s a spray but in reality it’s just a cone with fancy particles, what happens here is that the cone collides with the barrier’s hitbox and is being cut short, of course we see it as if it was hitting the ally because of the perspective presented by btc, I could bet that if we looked at it from the side you would see the spray being completely blocked

That said, Moira’s actual hitbox for her heal is bigger than the animation, that’s why it looks like she’s not hitting the barrier but the hitbox is in fact registering a hit, I think Mei’s primary would act the exact same way too

As for a solution… I don’t think there is any… but maaaaybe they could tweak the hitbox to bend at the edge when hitting a barrier partially? not sure that can be done though… What you need to keep in mind is that the skill is NOT a spray and it doesn’t acts like a spray either, again, it’s a literal cone, that’s why allies are healed instantly if they are in front of you, because there is no travel time for the “spray”, when you click lmb a cone appear in front of you and everything it touches is healed

Not saying it’s justified, I’m just trying to explain why it’s happening

4 Likes

This game is slowly getting assassin’s creed unity levels of buggy with everything starting to go wrong. I hope they fix this before it gets to live cause moira will already be much weaker on live compared to before but with this bug she will be nearly unplayable.

4 Likes

Knowing that there are other heroes who are carrying bugs in live servers for months, my hopes are very slim and my positivity below zero.

The thing is, healing is Moira’s main role as she has no utility to give.

This bug makes her only use terribly inconsistent and a coin toss to use her in competitive. Imagine having a dps not being able to deal damage or a tank not being able to block damage consistently. This is terrible.

6 Likes

'member " no hit reg " :smiley: :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like