Moira's 'bug fix' is worse than we think ( Proof )

My only fair guess is that her cone works like Winston’s tesla cannon. The thing about his weapon, is that it can go through barriers so he doesn’t have to deal with this kind of bugs like the one in the picture.

This bug fix was never requested, never made her a must pick and for the love of god it should not be ‘fixed’ until they will make it work as it should be.

13 Likes

Yes it’s exactly like Tesla Canon but that one is way wider than Moira’s and as you said it goes through barriers so they don’t need to worry about that

However, this change has been requested a LOT in the past, when Moira was released actually and everyone felt like she was a bit too much, it made no sense back then that she could heal through barriers and it doesn’t make sense now either, except for that awful bug… we’ll have to wait and see what they come up with

Devs really seem to have issues related to hitboxes huh.

7 Likes

Hitboxes are tricky no matter who is working on them, they could be pixel perfect but that would affect Overwatch’s performance, they have found a pretty stable balance between looking nice and being effective but things like these will always show throw from time to time.

I’m pretty sure they can fix it, I just don’t see how myself

1 Like

I have been in forums as much as you are and do believe me when I am saying that the only negative requests or ‘whining’ as some people calling were about her damage output, not her healing.

I am pretty positive that most people had no idea about this bug as well. It barely broke her as a hero in positive way as she is the only hero who never carried a meta on her shoulders but now it will break her in a very negative fashion to a borderline throwing pick.

1 Like

This isn’t the only issue.

• Moira Fades while contesting payload and 2CP and she will lose because she is no longer consider on the objective.
  • Her resource from doing damage is now at a slower refill rate.
  • She cannot heal a teammate in her line of sight behind a barrier.
  • Her ult cannot even save people from enemy ults. It needs a buff to heal 160 and do 80 dps.
  • Her resource overtime needs to be reduced from 45 seconds down to 30 seconds.
  • Her refill resources from doing damage needs to be reduced from 9 seconds to 8 seconds.

At this rate. Moira will need buffs and bug fixes. She is F Tier on PTR and if it goes live. Moira will be in a very bad spot. She is already low pick rate in Grand Masters and even Masters. Only lower tier players struggle with aiming at a Moira.

16 Likes

They should just make the cone smaller. The animation is already huge, no reason you shouldn’t be able to land that even if the cone was the same size.

The last thing I want for Moira is buffs. All I want is for her to be left alone the way she is.

God’s sake, she is perfectly balanced, why is the PTR so awful to her, of all support heroes ?

Like, I want to believe that these are just bugs that will stay only on PTR but watching the chaos in live servers makes me terribly pessimistic and depressed.

One hero who keeps me in game and all of sudden, with no explanation, her future is grim. Why ? We need more healers, why is this happening ?

11 Likes

didn’t her not being able to attack torbjorn’s turret make it into live? because if it did that just worries me.

and with sombra and reinhardt being so broken with bugs (doomfist too but they’re starting to fix him) on LIVE worries me. especially because sombra received NO bug fixes in the ptr, and even got a new bug.

if all these changes/bugs she has on ptr make it to live who knows where she’ll end up. i’m afraid the healing not registering bug would just make her a borderline troll pick especially in competitive (probably better off just not playing her at all there). which would be horrible because not only is she my favorite hero to play, but we need her as a main healer.

if blizz is just silent on all her new bugs then… oof.

4 Likes

This could work yeah but even if they make it pixel perfect, having it touch a barrier even on a small corner will end up blocking it and it’ll feel exactly the same

lol they must have it programmed so that if any part of the spray hits a barrier the entire projectile stops at that point. A bit of a flaw in the initial design really. Fixing it would probably just require breaking up the spray into 9+ different zones rather than just the 1.

5 Likes

This makes me really upset… I only play Moira and Brig because I don’t like anyone else’s playstyles but this would just make life unnecessarily difficult.

1 Like

The bug on the turret was recognised at the very least and with Torbjorn not being a frequent pick in competitive, she got away with minimum damage.

This is her only function we are talking about now, which is in danger.

If only we had a word about this bug fix, something along the lines ‘we are still looking at it’ and I would be in peace.

some word on moira and the symmetra exploit where she can just spam left click would be really nice. if this makes it to live moira will be a troll pick in competitive if the enemy has barriers, which is pretty much guaranteed. that with the fact she can lose an objective even if she’s standing directly on top of it if she fades… i lost a whole game on the ptr by doing that (which is how i discovered it in the first place) and doing that in competitive would just… not feel good.

you could argue doomfist does the same thing when he ults. but people know about that. this isn’t on the patch notes, and people could just accidentally lose a game like i did because they didn’t know, and that would be pretty broken.

Oh wow! Well ain’t this just about the most broken thing I have seen in a long time.

Surely you can’t patch in a ‘bug fix’ that actually just replaces it with a new bug that is much, much worse.

This makes me sad, as I love playing Moira and the negative impact of this likely cannot be understated.

That’s horrible !
Why break things when they work ?
Many healers can heal through barriers, just find something else to fix Bliz, please. Anything ! Like the huge bugs of Sombra that your latest “fix” also introduced.

I told everyone there are a LOT of nerfs disguised as “bug fixes” being added almost every patch. junkrat received a lot of them till he became as dreadful as he is now (specially to riptire). But nobody notices until it happens to a support i guess.

1 Like

The official way this change is explained is that it is a ‘bug’ fix; On the other hand this youtuber no one has ever heard of plays it as a ‘nerf’, fake news much?
Situations like he displayed on the video will be ‘fringe’ cases that will occasionally happen. Plus there is the lingering heal over time that is still healing a lot more HP.
Sombras hack works in a similar way, a cone that is immediately denied when rein opens up his barrier. SO probably if they fix this for moira they could also possibly fix a bug for sombra.

1 Like

mamamia what is testing ? and… what is balance ? Did I mentionned im from the overwatch team ?

And what is “Overwatch” again ?

1. It’s a youtuber plenty have heard about. 269k subscribers isn’t a small number.

2. You can replicate the effect yourself on the PTR, so it’s not fake.

3. If the cone hits any kind of shield edge, it’s done for. Nothing goes around it. This is not fringe, this is what will continue to happen, as that is what the game is coded to do currently.

5 Likes