Moira nerf is really harsh

Aaaand why is that so exactly?

If by ““META”” you somehow mean high ranks, then yeah, you’re correct, but that still doesn’t disvalue the fact that Moira has been for years by now the most powerful Healer in low/mid - ranks, which, as I’ve said, contain the grand majority of the game’s player base.

And last time I checked, that’s more important than what happens for the 15% of the player base…

1 Like

I’d be more or less ok with the change if Blizzard compensated her in other areas, Coalesence needs an ultimate cost reduction so that her healing charges it at the same speed but her damage charges it faster.

1 Like

anti nade is still in the game…

It’s not. You can get better at the game or change your strategy if a hero is oppressive at mid and low ranks. But you can’t exactly just improve if you’re in the high ranks because a GM player has improved as much as is reasonably possible.

Also Moira did not win more games by much, she had a better pickrate but not a better winrate than Zen, fyi.

The nerf makes you pay way more attention to the use and value of the healing orb.

I’d say my only gripe with the changes is maybe the resource meter. It’d be nice if it recharged a lil faster or it replenished better from damage.

I’m actually in more favor of it replenished better from damage because it rewards more skill and mastery of the character.

2 Likes

but good moiras didn’t have any problem charging her meter, and keeping it at a sufficient level, and good moiras know the value of a healing orb in a team fight.

1 Like

Which I kinda figured… So yeah. She was more tuned than nerfed.

She needs a harsher nerf, skill orb needs to be reworked.

1 Like

this nerf is fine if blizzard can rework the orbs like I suggested above.

Exactly my thoughts. Her nerfs in reality aren’t all that bad, it’s being brought more in line with other healers and removing some of the heal creep, those are all good things, but her resource meter on lower rate healing is a problem, I’d even go so far as saying at this point her resource meter should be scrapped entirely, or at least fill like D.vas DM, not by right clicking as that downtime is something the other healers with similar healing numbers don’t have to do, making moira devoid of utility AND less able to perform her role.

You can ult every 15 sec that’s the utility to the team xD 140heal and dmg too

Whatever this is, it still doesn’t change the fact that stat - wise, Moira has been the most powerful Healer for the grand majority of the player base for years by now.

This is really not debatable.

As I’ve already said so many times, she has been excelling in all aspects, win rate included.

Moira does not have a lot of utility and its the truth, if u compare Moiras utility as healing, than it pales in comparison in front of every single support.

Nah, they deserved it
Sick and tired of a Moira in every single game for months

And don’t “MOIRA IS GOOD COZ OF THE META” me
That didn’t stop you whining about Doomfist did it ?

I didn’t tried the PTR yet, but I feel like these changes won’t affect so heavily to some of us Moira players. I have to give it a try, though.

She can heal 150hp/s multiple targets, can fade every 6 sec (even fade jump). Just throw a dmg orb to enemy team and engage with coal every fight xD

Her utility is survivability. Fade, self heal on dealing damage, 65 hps a sec healing orb.

I’m skeptical that these changes will make her much weaker. Use healing orb more often which grants more ult charge than damage orb anyway. Keep using her heal lingering effect which is equal to Lucio aura.

She will feel worse in those situations where I’m trying to keep someone alive who is being focused by using orb and spray and losing raw heal output enough that he doesn’t survive or I run out of resource quicker. But ultimately that’s just going to be an adjustment for me on how she plays and the raw healing power she can provide.

my nerf idea can with some compensation at least

1 Like

Making everything unkillable can also be considered as utility. Anyway, they could easily give her an ability that suits her which she could provide allies with Reaper’s wraith ffect. This way she’d actually help flankers instead of countering them even when she is on their team.

1 Like

Moiras damage orb is her biggest issue. It makes her feel OP because a decent Moira can kill a lot of the roster if she gets you alone. I play Moira alot and wouldn’t mind seeing it changed to make it more team based.

My idea would be to remove damage from the orb entirely and have it apply anhealing and 25% discord to anyone it touches. It lasts 10 sec max but loses duration the more people it touches. So throwing it into the team fight would give it a short but potentially impactful use. Kind of like an inverse Zen Ult.

1 Like