Moira needs to kill you in duels

Why don’t you reread that post until you can understand where I am coming from. That’s something you’re having a tough time with. Any other who have read that probably already gotten the message.

i was looking to talk to one person i didn’t want to have a giant discussion

i have played over 400hrs on mercy dont have to talk to me about GA he can still kill you easily

He really can’t if you play your cards right. Mercy is one of the best healers to play against a Genji due to her GA and super jump that make avoiding him really easy.

How can genji double slash you when you’re all the way up in the air?

way up in the air? you know most maps you cant get that high

not only that super jump isn’t relaly that high and her ascending speed is very slow

Oh, my bad. I mixed up valk and GA.

But skybox doesn’t come into play? If you’re as high as you can get, genji can only reach you by dashing.

GA is alright to get away from blade. It’s not great, but it’s definitely not a guaranteed death. I’d say somewhere between 30-60% chance of escaping as mercy? Depends on how the genji uses his cast + first dash and how Mercy uses GA in the leadup to the blade cast.

The hero itself is already good, the meta just doesn’t favor him currently. There isn’t anything in his kit that needs to be buffed.

I have never escaped not dying by a genji as mercy normally because ga doesn’t work when you dont actually have anyone to fly too and most of the time we are grouped only if i have a pharah around i might be able to get away, but as for Valk her ascending speed is too slow to get away from him and the skybox also limits you in some areas i have been at the top of the map and still been killed by him. Unless you use GA before he ults then you’ll be safe if you use it to counter getting away you’ll waste your ult and die because genji targets healers when he ults and the first one he goes after is mercy normally.

The meta hasn’t favored him for 1.5 years. The last meta he was in was Dive and even then he was replaced by Widow half way through

U wanna buff genji? Sure. Nerf his ult in compensation for it.

1 Like

This is a disgustingly pepega tier take.

100% agree here his ult is just too good

Well, having no one to fly to isn’t an issue of balance, imo. It’s a teamplay thing.

I play a lot more genji than mercy, but from my experience a mercy that valks and starts ascending while i’m casting my blade usually gets away since I have to finish cast and land my first swing to have a chance at killing her.

As for the height thing, I can’t think of any place where you can hit a max-altitude mercy with blade, unless she’s flying next to a building or you’re in a roofed area/map.

And this is the counterplay between the two of them that I was talking about.

If Mercy can GA to one of her teammates while genji is casting, she forces him to waste his first dash chasing her down. If she can do that and then GA again when he dashes after her, then she lives and genji is left standing there with his sword in his hand.

But if genji can get a slash off on Mercy before she GA’s away, then he can dash after her and use the next slash to secure the dash reset to continue his ult.

I find it to be a pretty balanced interaction

You dont have to believe me but yes i have been to the top of the map and got killed by genji ult I am not changing my mind. IMO its still very unbalanced in my rank doesn’t matter who the genji player is its always normally 3 kills consistently he gets with his ult and mcree can barely get one. So yes i think his ult is overpowered. Its not wasted when he kills her and gets another dash.

Then, once again, why post on a public forum where ANYONE can respond if you simply wanted to talk with one person?

The logic there is astoundingly off.

At what point? Every support can literally get away or survive an encounter from him. Ana, sleep him and do the deadly combo. Baptiste, put lamp and stay around it and shoot him. Brig, she hard counters every flanker. Lucio, high mobility. Mercy, same with Lucio. Moira, hard counter him. Zen, discord and shoot him.

Literally every support can get away/beat him. Unless you are bad of course.

Use superjump, it literally puts a ton of space between you and the genji. Or simply use your team as a barrier between you and the Genji. Even if he dashes towards you, GA definitely will be ready again and you just get back to your previous location.

When using Valk, don’t just ascend to the sky, use GA to your team, Mercy is practically unkillable against any of the flanker when she’s in Valk. Don’t just fly around slowly while in Valk, go dance in the sky and confuses the enemy. You can even distract the enemy for a few second which opens a window to attack for your team.

Moira is supporting the team by not dying easily to a flanker.

1 Like