Moira needs to kill you in duels

Why do y’all hate her :joy: Some characters are just your superior in duels.
And I’m glad she still is on live and PtR.
Roadhog has to be because no barrier.
Moira has to be because no utility.
Doomfist has to be because no range.

1 Like

Moira’s actual ability to win duels varies in context and skill level, but to the general concept: No.

The key trait that defines a character in the “Support” role is that the character focuses more on supporting teammates than on directly engaging opponents. This is accurate for Moira as well, as her primary contribution to the team is high quantities of healing. In duels, there are no teammates to support, thereby completely negating the Support’s primary strength. If they still have the advantage there, then they’re just plain better than everyone else.

For the sake of explaining how it factors into balance, we can kind of represent this with numbers in a hypothetical example:

Activate Wall o'Text

Let's say Tracer goes after Moira, and this duel favors Moira as you say. Moira's all by herself, so there's no one to support, which is where the majority of her value lies, so she's reduced to less than half—let's say 40%—of her potential value by having to duel a Tracer alone. Tracer does nothing but kill stuff, so she's putting 100% of her potential value into this duel. If the 40% Moira still has a clear advantage over a 100% Tracer, we know that Moira is at least 250% (100/40) as valuable as Tracer. In a balanced game, everyone's value is approximately equal, so that's not even close to balanced.

21 Likes

And guess what? These 3 heroes are widely disliked because of it. The game is far too black and white with how counters and 1v1s work. You shouldn’t have to give up because you walk around a corner and see your counter there.

7 Likes

Make genji great again

13 Likes

genji is already overpowered

Nah u are delusional if u think so

17 Likes

nice being insulting right of the beginning, really shows your character. Also you have to go zen or lucio to even counter genji otherwise he gets 3 kills with his ult nothing else can stop him. Seems OP to me

1 Like

That doesnt change the fact that genji needs a buff.

6 Likes

not even close to needing one

Last I checked she can heal. That’s some pretty good utility. Now if you want to take away her healing and make her a full DPS then yeah I don’t mind if she’s good at duels.

Hyperbolic and false.

Doesn’t matter what you believe, he is factually not OP.

7 Likes

He needs a buff hes useless without his ult

7 Likes

in that case it doesn’t matter what you believe, have a nice day

You lose. bye :wave:

1 Like

Please tell me this isn’t real.

5 Likes

change his ult and then you can buff genji is ult makes him too good

1 Like

Nah thats not a good change

1 Like

I lean heavily on nerfing his speed while ulting tbh. He gets a lot of free kills partly because he’s so much faster than everyone else. In my games anyway. And you can’t save anyone unless you have a Zen ult waiting. And if you’re Zen you have to hope and pray Genji doesn’t come after you, because if he does it’s over.

something needs to change because literally as soon as there is a genji you have to go zen and if the genji is any good then the game is over. I mean at least with double shields now widow cant just kill everyone and now tracer is nerfed enough so she cant go wild but genji and doom perhaps the only characters that still can.

No one cares about zen they are moira mains now

1 Like