Moira is the better pick over mercy

Moira allows your team to feed more

Ana does that as well but actually has utility

Mercy doesn’t but has utility as well

That’s basically the difference between the heroes, and matches where utility doesn’t really matter then yeah having that 20k healing is gonna be more useful

Moira may have better raw healing output but damage boost and rez are extraordinarily powerful tools, not to mention the unmatched mobility that is GA.

for me the only two things that bother me about mercy is her rez slowing down her gameplay which messes up her flow. Because her mobility is one reason why I like her. Moira gameplay is more consistent and flows be

3 Likes

Yeah, the 50 hps for me means I can’t just pinball with her, because she doesn’t do enough, and I have to wait at each point, so all the flowing play vanished.

I don’t care much for Rez, or Valk, I just want that flowing style back.

She was meant to be the support which was totally dependant on her team for everything. Movement targets, getting picks, hell, being able to use your ultimate was based on your team, since it was useless without a rez target.

In return she would give the best healing in the game.

That vision was lost along the way.

Yeah, I prefer Moira’s game play now. She doesn’t need to pause, not with her ult, not with her healing, not with her movement, it is all smooth.

I’d be a Moira main, if I wasn’t a Mei main.

1 Like

moira has fade which is also a cleanser. every good moira will use fade when needed and will use it for positioning. moira is strong because she can literally damage and heal, all the while healing herself. and moira just has the higher success of self sustain than mercy. due to orb and her fading ability

mercy gets focused and apparently needs to be baby sat. she’s devoided of all independence she once had and is only useful for damage boosting ig

IMO Mercy is a much better character than Moira.

I am better with Mercy and more importantly I have more fun playing her than Moira, so you can kindly take a hike.

1 Like

GA is much more often and can give vertical mobility if skillfully used.

When did she have more independence exactly?

I think she used to be. I’m glad some people are having fun with her, she deserves to have people having fun with her, she sure as hell gave me enough fun back in the day.

Maybe I’ll be a Mercy main again, next rework or something. I like the hero, and the ideas around how she fits into the game, just not the current incarnation.

Given that the 50 applies more often and in more circumstances than the higher “maximum” rates that some of the other healers have, I think 50HPs/s is plenty

Said another way, if you compare real in-match rates of healing rather than theoretical maximums, I dont think you’ll see much difference

mercy should be used for her heals like lucio, zen, brig, etc. their utility is what makes them shine. mercy damage boost and rez is still incredibly helpful. moira does more healing sure but she has 0 utility which is why pros dont use her much.

I do chuck orbs, and spray to get people out of difficult situations, and that works pretty well.

Orb + Ult when your team gets Grav’ed usually means everyone gets out alive.

Those are pretty good things, and it is a LOT of burst healing.

I would prefer your big main, little chain version of Valk for sure. It wouldn’t get me playing Mercy again, but… I would start to think about it :slight_smile: - for similar reasons.

I could save people with it, and currently, it doesn’t feel like I can save poop with her now, which is why I took up supporting in the first place.

But, like I said, I am glad some people are enjoying her, because she is a hell of a concept, and I am glad they put her into the game.

I just wish I could enjoy her again too.

2 Likes

i guess you can say when she flies in, rez, and flys out.

You know how GA works right?

Her entire kite revolves around depending on her teammates, since inception lol

incidentally

She literally has a self peel ability, the only supports that truly needs to be babysit are Ana and Zen

Moira is the better pick over Mercy

Good luck playing Moira with Dive when your team is constantly jumping on highground and leaves you behind, making you a free target for the enemies.

Or playing her with Orisa-centered comps (bunker, cheese), where you provide literally 0 utility as Moira, so you’re practically useless.

1 Like

I agree.

Though the OP makes a good point from the place of what I assume to be frustration from playing with Mercy on the team, and while I do agree that Moira (and Ana) are way more impactful, I don’t believe that people should be forced to stop playing the hero because of it. We don’t control what other people play, period.

I say, if people enjoy Mercy, they deserve to have that choice, just as others deserve to not enjoy her. However, it’s worth saying that regardless of how we feel about the hero, it is apparent that Mercy does need some improvements to make her a bit more viable in the game, and the devs are looking into her again. And if the goal isn’t to make her viable, I would at least love to see her be improved in a way that makes her more rewarding and impactful to play. I think that’s a pretty fair compromise in the very least, even for those who currently think she’s fine. Hopefully this month or next month we will get to see these improvements to her kit. Fingers crossed. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

2 Likes

Ana is better than Moira and Mercy tbh

3 Likes

Hey man.
You sound exactly like the people who demanded Mercy only in their games back when Mercy was in meta.
Do not be like those people.
Tl;Dr Don’t be a Squidward.

If you just go by winrate, Mercy is pretty much OK anywhere. Teams are not being punished for running her, low or high.

1 Like

all i’m saying is if we need more healing and mercy is obviously not enough, even with the occasional rezzes, a switch needs to be made. that is all

i’m talking about when rez wasn’t on cd

this is when you play mercy or ana or baptise.

moira has orbs and her spray, if anything, her heals works better than mercy’s because several people will be taking damage at once