MMR reset YES! Thank god

I am all for this 100 percent. A lot of the community wanted this. Yes, we were not expecting this to happen, so it took us off guard. I think if you are really GM top 500 you should be able to easily grind your rank back from plat or diamond like seriously stop complaining.

68 Likes

Too bad it was a bug

39 Likes

They tried it, they aren’t gonna keep it

2 Likes

Its not. Its a bug:

Stand by for updates. As a funny. This is from Houston Outlaw’s head coach…

35 Likes

Oh okay, well honestly I think we need a MMR reset of some sort.

31 Likes

At least ppl won’t have to complain about 30min qs

1 Like

Given the heavily negative reaction from most players in the last hour, I’d say that is more reason NOT to have one.

97 Likes

PogU PVC playing with golds.

1 Like

They should do a soft reset but they should also change their algorithms so we don’t shove everyone into gold

10 Likes

Honestly I dont see the issue with a reset. If high ranks are high ranks they will climb out easily and quickly. Or they could do what dead by daylight does and just put you at one lower rank from what you were at reset time. That way they could actually encourage how they intially wanted comp to be in the first place, climb to the ranks.

19 Likes

Yeah, well from a business stand point I can understand. But I think if you warned players that would be good. As I said if you are really GM you could grind back to it. People are just mad because if they got boosted it shows. For some people it seems to be bugged like XQC or something. But if you made a slight MMR reset and WARNED us it would of been better. I am a high plat low diamond player and I can easily climb out of gold.

13 Likes

Why do you people desire so badly to ruin everyone’s games for an entire season just so everyone can go right back to where they started? An mmr reset won’t help you climb, it’ll just be a huge pain for every high ranking player to be forced to play games with garbage players until they inevitably get back.

55 Likes

Yes, that’s the point. It’ll be the easiest matches they’ve ever had. In return, half of the community will have the hardest. Mostly people belong at their rank right now, yes Off Roles are misplaced, but what’s better - hypothetically 50% of Off Roles 1-2 ranks misplaced, or literally every role not placed at all. Which one will take longer to sort out?

Edit - also yes, some people might like stomping Low Ranks for a few games, it could be fun being so much better. After a few games it will likely just get boring though. And unless you’re an extreme masochist, you won’t have fun being stomped at all. Also, let’s say you’re a Plat player, playing against Golds. Imagine the frustration if you couldn’t win because of 5 Silver and Gold players on your team.

You want horrible, unfun and unfair matches for everyone because of a few boosted people who would drop anyway if they kept playing, or could literally still get boosted then? In fact, boosting would be even way easier, unless you don’t allow groups, which - guess what - makes games even more unfun

12 Likes

That’s extremely incorrect, let’s say a top 500 player started in gold or plat (obviously much better than them) they would wreck the enemy team and climb out of the rank easily. Like literally I don’t get why people cry about it so much.

I know top 500 friends my self and they are for it. Some people are not because they don’t want to work hard for their rank like us. It is really both sided.

6 Likes

wow that sounds so fun for the gold and plat players to lose at the loading screen!

42 Likes

Let’s hope they “”“accidentally”"" reset MMR and there is “nothing” they can do now since all the data is gone :smirk:

6 Likes

Exactly, it’ll just destroy matchmaking and cause wayyy more harm than good.
People seem to think that a reset will magically let them climb 2 ranks. You climb when you get good.

I dropped out of high masters because I stopped learning and improving, grew salty because I wasn’t climbing, then realized what was really going on. Advice to those looking to rank up:
Every player deals with stupid teammates, throwers, smurfs and leavers. That didn’t stop them. Additionally, you are the only consistent variable.
Git gud. If you can’t climb now, a reset won’t help you.

22 Likes

I mean I’m upset I placed gold when I’m low diamond on account. I mean this is really both sided and I’m interested to see what blizzard does.

Did you see the crapstorm it brought?

An MMR reset is a terrible, terrible idea.

14 Likes

I love how everyone has an elitist attitude. Ive literally played with multiple different ranked friends in custom games and done extremely well. Comp play is just who youre matched with and theres nothing they can do to fix that because humans are very fickle with behavior. A player who is good one day could get pissed the next day and spam “i need healing” and do terrible the next.

2 Likes