Mic Issue: Unable to join voice chat (PS4)

it really seems to come and go when it feels like and when it returns it’s best to just put it on sleep and not close the game when your done

however if your socials list isn’t working then you won’t be able to accept invites from friends which means You’ll need to restart the game and then bam no voice channel anymore

1 Like

and now it’s not even coming back after I’ve restarted the game numerous times…something has to be done about this now!

this is destroying the game for me

2 Likes

I’ve been having the same issue as everyone else, been lurking on this thread since it was created and have tried every suggestion posted but have had no luck even temporarily getting voicechat to work, so I’m just posting to reiterate the bug is alive and well and driving me nuts.

My gf and I both play on PS4 in the same room on the same network. We’ve both gotten errors when starting the game for months and months, but it never caused any problems after the initial start-up. Until the summer games. The day the event started was last time we could do anything with the built in voice chat. Same consoles, same router, same network settings worked perfectly the day before the event started.

We’ve had to make partys to chat with the other people we play with since then, which is annoying for all of them because none of them are affected :pensive:.

Same here. I’ve been hit with the LC-202 errors at least once without fail since July of last year, sometimes even going through 10-15 attempts before successfully logging in, but it has always worked. Only around this year’s Summer Games has this VC issue now affected me.

I Just wanna play the game already but i can’t do that without VC working…why is blizzard just straight up not even trying to figure out what’s going on?

the switch version comes out next month and if this is how they treat the PS4 Version I’d hate to see their reaction if a bug props up launch day for the switch version

this is unacceptable and they shouldn’t just forget about it because it’s not affecting everyone the fact it’s affecting enough people for this to be it’s enough beefy topic should be more than enough proof they need to work on getting this crap sorted out

Hey you all,

Just to reiterate what was mentioned earlier and follow up, the reason there is no more traction on this at the moment is that every time we have done a dive on voice chat errors since this thread started, there is no marked increase in errors for PS4 players. We currently are pretty sure this is an individual issue, especially since many of the reports here say that it comes and goes, or happens after a disconnection. Those indicate connection problems, not a game coding or server issue. Other players are on college networks, which have a host of issues of their own.

For anybody impacted with this issue currently, I recommend going through this console troubleshooting and the steps that apply to consoles here. That is steps 1/5. You can try starting your own thread if that fails. We’ll keep an eye out for spikes in voice chat problems, but for now you’re probably going to get better results by troubleshooting this. I’d wager a fair amount of you can probably get this fixed if you troubleshoot the problem.

A post was split to a new topic: MedusaGorgon - Voice Chat Issues (PS4)

can confirm that this is not an individual issue. the problem keeps spreading to other people i know. additionally EVERY person with a working voice chat i met today verifies the existence of the bug, happening to both them and their friends this week.

please look further into this

1 Like

My friends and I are having this issue as well.

One of my friends can’t into any chat but can be in a PS4 party just fine. This is a persistent issue. He can never chat through overwatch anymore.

Sometimes we’ll join a game and it won’t let a one of us in team chat.

Sometimes we’ll open up the game and it won’t let us into group chat.

These have been recent issues, maybe by a couple updates.

Its clearly an issue that started at Summer Games, but they don’t want to look into it. PS4 is set aside so they can focus on PC and apparently the switch release. Ive had the same internet since march and it only stoped working after the Summer games update, just like others say. I love Blizzard but i feel like they just arent putting any effort into this one.

2 Likes

Like I said in my previous post can not possibly be my connection as my alts don’t have the problem. Just my main account acting up on the same connection as my alts is a pretty good indicator of problems on your end. Then we come to the fact that a bunch of people are saying they all started having mic problems on the day of an update. Come on dude, just stop.

3 Likes

they aren’t gonna look further into this…they seem convinced this is because of our connections and not anything the update did

i wish there was a way to convince them the urgency of the matter, without sounding naggy or impolite…

i just want the problem fixed asap instead of dealing with this for another month+ because the devs still “werent aware”

1 Like

i mean all they could tell me now is just try and hook up my router to my PS4 directly…when I’m pretty sure it isn’t my connection but they keep claiming there’s no proof that it was anything on their side that did it

1 Like

This. I get that there are probably dozens of ways for us all to have ended up with the same problem; connection/network issues, firewalls, etc etc. But the odds of all of us having individual problems all hitting at the same time seems pretty astronomical.

2 Likes

yet that’s what They are implying happened…

1 Like

Nice to see I’m not the only still with this problem. I’ve never wanted to quit playing Overwatch, but with issues like this, seems like they really are trying to make me leave.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m pretty close to doing that myself

How is this an “individual issue” when multiple people are saying they’re facing it? And everyone in this thread has said “we’ve been getting this message (LC-202) for months, but it only started bugging out AFTER summer games”. Myself included.

LC-202 has never caused this voice chat glitch until after the Summer Games event. And even if my internet has terrible connection (200 latency), as long as I don’t get that message, it joins voice chat.

Clearly, this is not a player-based issue, if it only started after a Blizzard-released event. Troubleshooting has also done nothing for the majority of players, as many have said (since the troubleshooting messages appeared) that it did nothing, or only fixed it for a little while. Temporary solutions are not solutions. They’re bandaids on a broken arm.

I get you’re just customer support and are probably just told what to say to us by the devs or bug fixers or whoever IS looking into this issue, so I’m not blaming you, but to keep saying this is an “individual issue” is absolutely insulting and ridiculous. There is no “individual” here, as there are MANY people in this thread- both active and lurking. My friend recently got this glitch after leaving a game on GOOD CONNECTION where his voice chat worked previously, and he had to restart his game.

Blizzard intends to make a switch version, but can’t even keep their ps4 (and presumably xbox) versions running smoothly. They need to look up from the pc version for 5 seconds and realize they have other players needing assistance that isn’t just "power cycle your console for a minute it’ll be fine :slight_smile: "

EDIT: Also, my alt account does not have this issue- it connects first try and I get voice chat. On the same PS4. On the same wifi with the exact same connection. It is definitely not a connection issue, it’s a game issue. My main account gets hit with LC-202 consistently, while my alt has maybe been hit twice but ALWAYS connects to voice chat. Whoever is telling you to say it’s an individual, connection-based issue is blowing smoke out of their backside.

2 Likes

Why does the very first customer support post say they “discovered an issue with Voice chat” but every other customer service post since then, in this thread and in the smaller ones some of you have started, say that none of their error tracking or voice chat traffic indicates anything is wrong? Was the first guy just going off of the number of threads that sprang up around that time? Annnnd wouldnt THAT be a metric they take into account when deciding whether or not to look into an issue?

Edit: I guess for now all we can do is direct everyone we know having the bug to this thread just to make a post letting them know how many individuals problems exist on top of the 50ish people that have already posted. I know ive seen 3-4 small threads on reddit asking about this over the past few weeks.

3 Likes