Mic Issue: Unable to join voice chat (PS4)

Yeahhhh, but it’s not my connection though. It’s their game, every other game works fine, party chat works fine. They did something after summer games that messed with voice chat for select people.

1 Like

I’m following all the above listed instruction, and they have no effect. I’ve gotten the error message all the time before summer and no mic issue. As soon as the summer games update hit is when the error message would indicate my mic wouldn’t work. Same time as everyone else here.
So if it is a connection issue. the change is not on my end.
for a time over the last week or so, I was getting the error less often. but more recently is has ramp up again.

2 Likes

You Know some people are stating that if this was Happening on PC it would have been fixed asap but since it’s A Console Issue(PS4) it’s not that high of a priority for them

2 Likes

I Can’t play competitive under these conditions

1 Like

What worked for me it’s go to audio settings and reset defaults (R2)

You may have to tinker with your chat join options first so it has something to change back to add a default.

Also you can press r1 to join game chat (like going team chat when in a group) at the heroes select screen seemed to work but only for that match

I hope the delay is to fix the mics my SR has really declined since this virus as been a mock.
Ive tryed everything my mic only works in party with friends i have to reset after every game by playing with the group mute.
I wouldn’t complain if i could just here the random players when i solo cue for rank.

1 Like

If it was on PC it would be fixed by now. It’s all they care about.

1 Like

sad but true honestly i don’t know why this is even on consoles if they don’t even care about fixing issues like this

1 Like

Going on my 10th overwatch restart in a row. Please fix this. Jesus christ, its been happening since summer games update. Getting tired of this.

1 Like

Did the new update fix the issue?

Still an issue. Still wholly dependent on me getting an LC-202

Damn. Still?

Yeah…i don’t know what’s going on but it was working tuesday morning and then when i got on not too long ago it went back to not working

there’s no logic to any of this…it just seems to come and go whenever it wants…and blizzard seems content to just let this problem continue to be a problem while expecting players on ps4 to just play through competitive this way…

2 Likes

It’s completely uncalled for. I understand that not every console player is experiencing this issue (I tested it at my brother’s place with his PS4 and copy and it worked), but the fact that a bunch of people are witnessing this problem around the same time to the point where they have to consolidate a bunch of threads to this one megathread should really say something. Almost 2 months have passed and they have still yet to resolve this issue. I don’t get it.

2 Likes

To me it’s telling that people with better connection options than me are having the issue too.

I live in the woods so it’s tough. Even power cycling devices doesn’t guarantee I can get through.

I can still get in the game after 1 LC-202, but if I see that error, I’m not able to join VCs.

I’ve re-installed this game twice

2 Likes

at this point You’d think they would have figured out a solution by now…it just seems like since this isn’t A problem for PC Players it’s not a real problem they should address

and with that kind of mindset i wonder why they even released this game on consoles if they were gonna just treat them like they don’t even deserve to be bug free?

1 Like

I feel you. It’s pretty disrespectful.

1 Like

I call BS this is not from my side. All 3 of my alts can get in just fine, but my main account either gets non-stop LC-202 or has mic problems. Please don’t insult our intelligence by telling us we just coincidentally happened to have problems immediately following an update. someone broke something, just fess up.

2 Likes

nobody’s gonna fess up because again this isn’t a pc problem(I.E where all the pro players are) it’s a ps4 player

1 Like

To be fair, solving a problem that’s not as widespread might be pretty hard.

Something must’ve changed about communications with the summer games patch

1 Like