Mic Issue: Unable to join voice chat (PS4)

Why does the very first customer support post say they “discovered an issue with Voice chat” but every other customer service post since then, in this thread and in the smaller ones some of you have started, say that none of their error tracking or voice chat traffic indicates anything is wrong? Was the first guy just going off of the number of threads that sprang up around that time? Annnnd wouldnt THAT be a metric they take into account when deciding whether or not to look into an issue?

Edit: I guess for now all we can do is direct everyone we know having the bug to this thread just to make a post letting them know how many individuals problems exist on top of the 50ish people that have already posted. I know ive seen 3-4 small threads on reddit asking about this over the past few weeks.

3 Likes

Blizzard has got to realize telling us constantly it’s our fault despite so much proof that it isn’t…can lead to some bad publicity

we’re not asking for much we just want the voice channels on ps4 to work properly

3 Likes

Found a possible new work around (at least it works for me). If you have an alt account that doesn’t get hit with the LC-202 bug/message, log into that one after an attempt at your main account. It doesn’t even have to be competitive level. Play at least ONE quickplay game on your alt, and then switch to your main account.

Seemingly it works for me. Although I didn’t even have to PLAY a game to get it to connect, but that’s just for good measure. Again, idk if this was just coincidence or not, so just be careful.

1 Like

Couldn’t have said it any better myself.

Can you hit us up with those Reddit links covering this issue?

I don’t think we can post actual links on here but they are on the r/owconsole subreddit, I just googled “Overwatch voice chat not working ps4 reddit” and then lomited the search results to the last month (even though it’s been going on longer than that) and the first 9 results are links to that subreddit with people asking for help.

1 Like

Also, attaching a Blizz account seems to have no bearing on this bug.

If this isn’t a full on bug, it had to have been a change in the voice channel.

Big props for the search. Here are some of the Reddit links expressing this issue:

1 Like

Mine hasn’t been working for days now & it’s sabotaging games. like i can not communicate in comp and it’s detrimental to everyone.

1 Like

the fact blizzard doesn’t care that it’s ruinin our competitive games is sad

2 Likes

Symmetra and Sigma ruin it enough already. Having to log in 15 times is ridiculous

1 Like

I’m just going to stop playing until this gets resolved. Other great games just came out, and they’re far less frustrating.

yep, doing the same thing.

Wanted to say again that after testing this on and off for literally two hours, my alt account on the SAME ps4 does NOT get the LC-202 message, but my main account does. I can switch back and forth and my alt logs in no problem, but my main gets LC-202, causing voice chat to not connect. If it’s a connection issue, please explain why it only effects one account on the same ps4.

1 Like

On the plus side, in one more post we’ll move from 10th to tied for 9th for the most replies to a thread on the technical support board ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

The biggest issue we’re seeing with identifying the issue right now is that the problem is not persistent. We agree that the report rate is weird/high, but it’s coming and going, and overall our PS4 error reports for voice errors have been normal/average the whole time. On top of that a ton of the info reported so far has just been “me too” when we’ve asked for reports, which isn’t super useful.

We do have another idea for how we might be able to narrow this down if there is an overarching issue, but we need some specific data for this one. Here’s what we need:

1. Exact time frames and time zones when the problem is happening
  2. What ISP you use to connect through your playstation
  3. (If possible) test on another ISP and see if the problem sticks around - you can even use your phone network if you’re familiar with mobile tethering.

If you can reply back with this information we can give it another look. Please ensure you provide as much of that information as possible so we can start looking over exact time frames instead of the blanket data we’ve been using so far.

1 Like

The most descriptive we can be has already been said and done. After the summer games update, if you get the LC202 error on your first attempt logging in to the game, you can’t join chat and have to close the app and re-open. Most PS4 players get LC202 pretty commonly even before this update but after the update, getting the error denies you access to chat. I don’t see how much more descriptive we can be since this is all we know as players.

The update that went out for overwatch caused it and its not an issue on our end. The game was fine before summer games.

1 Like

I’ll give you props for not repeating the same tired “It’s your connection, here try these troubleshooting solutions” response, however your last sentence is largely a dig at our reports. If you had parameters for reports prior to this moment, why weren’t they supplied until now?

my guess is because blizzard’s too focused on preparing for the switch launch right now