Mercy's never felt less fun to play

Really hit it out of the park there Blizzard. If your goal was to make mercy feel both boring and weak, you really did an outstanding job.

55 Likes

They keep going after a part of her kit that was balanced, and try to balance it. You can’t fix something that wasn’t broken.

Mobility was not the huge problem of her kit when the whole “OW2 Mercy” Fiasco started.

It was DMG boost and pocketing.

31 Likes

Would you pleae elaborate. Your game style, what is wrong with Mercy and etc.

Im asking becase for a long time i have fun playing her. Yes she demands more resource management than before, but personally she is way better than s3 Mercy

1 Like

She lost her mobility and her crit healing. It’s the worst of both worlds from the previous seasons.

43 Likes

She’s waaay better than in S3.

2 Likes

How? You have less healing and 3s GA cooldown unless you do a base GA :skull:

Please explain how having less healing and even higher cooldowns is way better. Lol

I am literally in GM 1 and can’t stand the new Mercy, it’s worse than season 3.

Ofc I will always love and play her but she is definitely considerably weaker.

26 Likes

They’ve spent the past 6 years playing whack-a-mole with every cool thing Mercy has every been able to do, because they keep trying to appease aim elitists who despise seeing her shine in any way shape or form–even when, as is the case with her mobility or with her mass rez, it hasn’t contributed to her overperforming in the slightest.

At this point, I’m ready to believe that Blizzard just wants her to feel boring, sluggish, and unrewarding. They take their advice from people who just hate Mercy players, after all.

31 Likes

I wouldn’t have thought it true until these season four changes. Man are they just down right awful. At this point she’s lost her mass rez, fast single target rez, her mobility, her critical healing. Now we just need to nerf damage boost and every part of her kit will have had it’s fun removed from it. She still isn’t top pick even through all of this either. It’s just for some reason changing heroes so they are fun to play against ONLY applies to mercy.

15 Likes

What Mercy are u playing? Her GA CD was reduced from 2.5s to 1.5s
Her Healing/ second was increased from 45 to 55.
She doesn’t have increased healing for allies under half health. That’s all. But neither the Mercy before the big changes from S3 had that so this one is more like the original OW2 Mercy than the stupid changes they made with her in S3.

If we take the Mercy before the 2.5s CD GA, the one with the 2.5s CD GA and the one we have now, this one is way better than with that 2.5 seconds between GAs. Of course it’s not the one before that, but it’s better than the one from S3.

That’s what people that don’t understand are saying. You have to take into account the other change they did. They made it so you can NOT shorten the cool down like you used to be able to do by letting go of GA early. In practice this means her GA is now effectively 3 seconds, or even worse than season 3.

15 Likes

It’s not. I’ve played her all day today and her cd is way shorter than at the end of S3. I didn’t even read the patch note, just jumped into Comp and felt something weird because I got used with her 2.5s CD and noticed I can GA faster. After one match, I went to read the patch notes to see if I am imagining things but nope, I was right.

1 Like

A canceled GA is shorter, that’s it. The rest you are imagining.

10 Likes

Her movement did get a massive buff going into ow2. Not saying the current changes are good tho

2 Likes

Indeed, and now it’s worse than it’s ever been AND less fun.

2 Likes

This isn’t entirely true, many GA slingshots will have a shorter cooldown.

In Season 3 it had a flat 2.5 second cooldkown at the end of the ability, but now it has a 3 second cooldown that starts at the beginning of the slingshot. If your slingshot lasts 1 second then the cooldown is effectively 2 seconds instead of the 2.5 it would have been last season.

2 Likes

That’s a max range slingshot under ideal situations. In what is effectively usually the case. You will be with 15meters of team mates. Meaning in those situations you can at best hope for a 2.5 ga sling shot. And let me tell you, that’s still assuming a max duration slingshot from that range. A fringe case does not an average make.

It was. It just wasn’t the only problem.

No… it wasn’t. As a top 500 support, mobility was absolutely the issue with her kit. Stop using damage boost as a crutch to cling on to mercy’s busted mobility. Zen discord is far worse then damage boost in every single way.

1 Like

I don’t really understand what they even changed about her mobility but it seems like her GA cooldown is just as long now since it doesn’t begin the cooldown until she’s finished gliding or something?

Like what was the point of lowering it to a 1.5 second cooldown when in reality it’s still around 2-3 seconds?

2 Likes

To blind side people who aren’t attentive towards the realistic changes and gas light mercy mains into lying it’s a revert. At this point I’m convinced dev team either doesn’t play mercy or actively wishes to gutter her.

10 Likes