Mercy's nerf was unnecessary

More like I got fed up with how you are still trying to criticise my strategy when I’ve already said that it works for me. You’re being annoying hunny. Also, points are invalid??? We’re talking about a play style that mostly is successful for me on console which you don’t know anything about. Frankly, you don’t have the qualifications to even criticise me.

I was talking about the Mercy changes, sorry if I didn’t make that clear. I don’t mean to be rude, sorry how it came off.

You didn’t exactly prove anything… Tank’s like Winston should not be out-damaging a support ultimate. D’va is a brawler tank. I honestly don’t care about how she outdamages Mercy’s ultimate plus she’s not even meta (on console).

But she is META, now with Hammonds release, GOATS Comp, and even then she had a good play rate even after the nerfs and brigitte’s release. Winston should be able to outdamage, the support ultimate because of how invulnerable you are, his hitbox, low damage, and how he can compare to a brig. So I did prove something.

You proved nothing if all of what you said can only make sense if D’va is meta, which she is not.

Nope. Just shoot her down.

You’re comparing a broken hero with a tank that barely gets any changes.

I can’t be asked to reiterate what I and countless others have already said so don’t bother replying because I’m not going to acknowledge your response.

inb4 still replying. Huh, get ignored… You’re what I call someone who is persistently annoying.

Well she has constantly fit into many comps that are commonly used so she is META. She can get behind cover, the comp might not have anything to shoot her down and her self heal is a pain in the butt, and she is still like that, whether she is broken or not. I can’t be asked to reiterate what like 10 people and myself said compared to you and one other person. You are obviously just running away from a debate that you lost. But I will give it to you. Have a nice day!

Now you are what I call persistently annoying!

Your failure to use common pronouns is honestly giving me a migraine. Stop please.

Then you try playing other ‘main’ healers, preferably Ana, and see if you can ‘keep them alive’! :smiley:

Spoiler: healing should never be the only way you keep your team alive. There’s positioning, avoiding unnecessary damage, and coordination to take priority targets before excess healing is needed. Mercy heal(ed) for WAY too much, and it just became a game of attrition to see who lasted last or who can land headshots first. It wasn’t fun for everybody. Now you can actually see more Ana+Lucio comps that focus on key targeting and avoiding damage. A MUCH healthier game then stalling and attrition.

1 Like

It definitely does make other healers more viable. Ana+Lucio is now viable again due to Mercy’s decrease in raw healing and Lucio’s increase in chip healing coverage. Fast, coordinated fights are back again in high tier play, compared to the epidemic of live and wait who gets bursted first epidemic we have for a long time. Long, sustained fights was a problem, and Ana+Lucio is a step on the right direction. Mercy still has her values, but it’s simply not the only way to play OW anymore.

Response-ception. NEO I’M IN TOO DEEP.

So? Mercy is still busted regardless if you counterplay or not.

Mercy can damage boost her teammates, which makes up for her lack of DPS.

This nerf doesn’t address her actual issues. She effectively has a good ultimate/mini-ultimate ability freely given every 30 seconds on ‘E’ with a potentially strong impact, while her current ultimate ability (Valkyrie) is expensive and has a potentially weak impact for what it offers.

1 Like

Exactly …
to fix this problem get rid of res on E and move a single res to her Ultimate ability.

For Valk REMOVE CHAIN HEALS (that’s why she could outheal other supports) . Buff Mercy’s heal for the duration of her Ultimate to a 70-80hps single target beam. (keeps Mercy fun and engaging)

Revert Mercys primary healing beam back to 60hps. (removing chain heals will bring her healing output in line with other supports)

= Mercy is fun again the removing of chain heals will bring her in line with other supports while she is still able to keep single targets alive,
and she can’t outclass other supports with an unfun and OP E-ability anymore.

Or just listen to Titanium’s brilliant changes …

I dunno, I think the last round of support changes are going to go a pretty long way in changing things up

The Ana buff gives you a slightly bigger room for your grenade; you aren’t punished as hard if you use it to attack enemies since you now have a big bursty back up. The range increase is BEYOND the best part of the buff though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Brig is Brig; going to be niche no matter what

The Moira ones actually are very freeing during downtimes. You don’t feel like you have to go hunting for enemies to help your team.

The Lucio changes were probably the BEST changes though. Freeing up Lucio has made WAY more different support options work again.

Mercy 100% needed a change, and while it might not be the best one to be agreed upon, lowering her healing gives Ana and Moira more room to shine with their bigger numbers.

Remember, Moira and Ana are hard capped on resources to heal, while Mercy NEVER has to worry. Uptime, downtime, or chip damage, Mercy is still the most consistent healer; She just isn’t the BEST because of both her consistency and Res

1 Like

to set one thing straight

mercy is NOT useless,she is strong,which is why she is a mustpick for months.

but she FEELS useless,yes .
They are gimping everything to make sure rez stays on E

Even though for all intents and purposes rez functions like an ult.

The rework was a failure and should not have happened.

2 Likes

This pretty much sums up this patch perfectly. It’s just tiring to see compains about Mercy’s nerf without looking at the overall support landscape. Currently other options such as Ana+Lucio are very viable back again given enough coordination within the team. Mercy+Zen is still a strong pick, but as a support/tank flex I really enjoy this patch because it opens up many more variations for compositions other than the boring Mercy/Zen/Brig package.

Seriously though, if you’re a ‘support main’, please widen your horizon and increase your hero pool. Knowing the ins and outs of every support will enable your team for more creative composition options. Mercy is NOT the only support, try playing other heroes!

1 Like

Pick rates are important to them, so they had to nerf her. They either have no idea why her pick rates are high, or are pretending not to while shoving their fingers in their ears and yelling, so they nerfed her healing. It feels terrible and it makes the game worse. What they should have done was just was leave her base kit alone, remove res entirely, and left her be for a couple of months while they thought things through.

3 Likes

I mean, if you are healing someone that Is been focus, ofcourse he have to be able to die, that used to be this way anyway. But now, you can be healing someone, that Is agains one person, and he die eveen if you heal him until the end. That just feel so wrong.

Like…it would have been nice if we could have tried a solution that DOESN’T involve nerfing Mercy for once

Just like…buff the other supports and like…that’s it. See how that goes

I think they see it too, but they don’t want to admit it because they all have a little vendetta going