Mercy wasn't actually nerfed

I didn’t make this thread…

1 Like

Welp, damn. You’re actually right. But now, you just ended up reinforcing the point I made. A double edged sword, really.

Anyway, have a nice day! I expect to see you again maybe after a hour or two when you reply to something you think you can refute. Also,

Heroes Never Die! except Mercy.

(Apologies for being so passive-aggressive. It’s just the way I talk).

It’s been 2 months since the nerf, how much longer are we going to keep using the “players are still adapting” excuse? It’s not like Mercy was reworked in any way this time and people had to learn new abilities or get used to new mechanics.

Her healing output isnt a problem. It’s fine if she moves more into a secondary role.

Valkyrie could use a buff though if her healing stays at 50. Make it as impactful as Trans or Sound Barrier by increasing Valk healing to 100 but lowering the duration to 8 seconds.

Mercy would be fine.

tbh mercy feels so different in lower elos compared to higher, so you cant really speak for every tier

Im speaking hypothetically. No matter how you dress it up your still achieving 1000 less healing for every 5000. Its huge.

This claim is blatantly false. In fact Hide and Rez was associated with a number of documented <40% winrate Mercies, demonstrating clearly that they were able to climb due to the SR bug only and not because hiding and rezzing was a viable, winning strategy.
It is a fact that GM and Pro Mercies tempo rezzed because tempo rezzes are more reliable, harder to counter, and less disastrous if they should fail. If a GM Mercy tried to hide, the GM Tracer would hunt her down and kill her immediately.

Also blatantly false. There have been pro tournaments since Season 1. Just because it’s pre-OWL doesn’t mean it isn’t pro. If it’s professional gamers competing for money, it’s pro.

False again. There were no hero limits in Season 1. This enabled KOTH matches where both teams had two Tracers, two Lucios, and two Winstons. Twelve players playing three heroes. This meta was seen almost exclusively in pro gameplay because it was so boring that you literally had to pay people to do it.

I just wanted to mention that this accusation is is hilarious coming from you.

Gets called “fool” in the Mr. T fashion
“that’s more than enough proof of who is the side with the most negative people”

Your evidence is not satisfactory given the scope of your hypothesis.
Anyway considering that most half of what you’ve said here has been either blatantly false or taken out of context in a misleading manner, there are only a few possible explanations. I think I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you’re merely ignorant and are trying, unsuccessfully, to form a meaningful argument about things you know nothing about… but if you prefer I can call you a pants-on-fire liar instead.
In any case don’t expect to be respected when you have such an aversion to telling the truth.

1 Like

Can we just rework her again and get rid of valk? I would prefer that tbh.

1 Like

Mercy got nerfed because the pro players were crying so loud that Blizzard heard them.

lol, alright buddy, I’ll keep on “lying” and playing the game I love, hope you do too

and I wanna make clear that this is my answer because you cannot provide reliable data that supports neither of your claims but you know? there is just something so annoying of asking for stuff the community doesn’t have access to on an opinion based forum that I just rather move my hand like a puppet next to your face, have a wonderful day

You cant just calculate it like that though. Mercy does a TON of overhealing and topping up.

Its 1000 per 5000 if shes glued to a dva that never uses defense matrix.

Most of her healing isnt that though. Mercy had a lot more time to damage boost previously cuz ner healing was so efficient. Now she has to heal more cuz it’s not and the end result is her overall output being pretty comparable.

What’s even more weird is that Ana did that Mercy for the first year of Overwatch before the Mercy rework even happened! HaahA!

People who played against Mercy complained that she was unfun, so they reworked her.

Now the unfun complaints have come back, except this time it’s from the people who play Mercy. Time to rework her again.

“On wednesdays, we wear pink! smug

We lost Mercy and Moira (kinda), but gained Lucio and Ana.

Let’s be honest those complaints never stopped, they were there since rework.
But… tHe ReWOrk iS SucCesSFul! TraSH MeRCy IS SOOOO FuN!

Blizzard listening to players who don’t play mercy was mercy’s and blizzard’s balance decisions downfall.

More like one season but I get what you mean lol.

Every school year they switch places. :laughing:

When will they realize that they should unite and become the ultimate omegapowerful duo of unstoppable queens!!! Ana + Mercy FTW!

imgur com/a/dqrOGRl

Maybe you don’t.

Can someone with permissions link that.

I get that there would be inconsistencies with the calculation unless she was glued to someone but thats part of the problem, she has to be glued to people for longer now.

After every comp match Ive been in, in the past the Mercys that have had score cards have always had at 8000-12000 healing, now I’m seeing Ana and Moira toppling that.

Mercy is probably the purist healer in the game, everybody else is half DPS or offers some other kind of Utility. Rez isnt the easiest thing to get off and Mercy needs to use it more than ever now to even be considered relevant. I dont even play as Mercy but all anyone (even Mercy mains) are saying is that Rez, while useful, doesnt put mercy in a good place when the rest of her kit has been ‘balanced’ around it