Mercy vs High Skill

I can see why. The most team depended healer in game, that everyone always wants on their team, always gets so much crap in game and on the forums.

I cannot stress enough how much I loath playing her but here I am defending her.

If that thread offended you, im sorry, as already stated in this thread im from KR and cant really tell what offends NA people and what doesn’t.

no one is saying mercy needs a nerf, all we’re saying is that shes easy and ana is difficult.

Yeah, so what? She is the very definition of the support class.

All her kit is to support or to self sustain herself. The only reason she even has a gun is cuz it would be bat sheet crazy to give her absolutely nothing.

I can’t think of a character that embodies teamwork more than her.

Ironic because I probably have more hours on Ana than you do hun.

Mercy mains like you dont see it thou. You continue to bring out the same argument every time that mercy is balanced and Jeff confirmed it yada yada. We know that but it doesnt help the other healers at all.

Mercy is above the other healers. What other healers are asking for is to tone her down to their level or buff them instead. We know Jeff said she is balanced but as of now shes way too good. If you cant see that then play another healer and compare her/him to Mercy and see why people are saying this.

2 Likes

Thats good for you i guess?

psh it isn’t “easy” playing her. Her Mechanics are simple but she isn’t easy to play. There is a difference.

1 Like

Let me ask you one thing, why is it okay for Mercy to be more rewarding than Ana?

ok her mechanics are easy, a character is an embodiment of their mechanics, therefor mercy is easy

If im honest it seems like your problem is more with the fact that the other healers are not low skill enough. Now please dont take this the wrong way, but what you have described is a perfect skill situation, a hero that does their job poorly if you have less skill, but well if you have more skill is very well balanced. the think with mercy, is the difference between 1hour of time on her and 600hours on her is like 2k heals, where as with many other healers that number is much higher like 6-12k heals. Mercy is fine.

But i see your opinion and there is nothing wrong with it, this is simply how i feal in response (pls don flame me)

~Thirteen

She is a main healer and Support. That is all she does. Zen can be your main dps, Lucio is a beast in the right hands and boop master, Brig (enough said), Ana Genji/Tracer like skill cap with the only anit-healing ability in game, and Moria (enough said).

Mercy cannot accomplish anything on her own.

no because mechanical skill will only get you so far in OW

Her mechanics only allow her to be so skillful bc there isnt much in her kit to consider, not as much as ana anyway.

And that’s why I can’t wait for the new social features to hit live :wink:

But it’s still fact. Just because you may not agree with it, doesn’t make it less true. Fact. Mercy is balanced right now. Also fact, Jeff has stated that she doesn’t need changes. Mercy is mechanically average right now. She’s not OP, and she’s not bad either. Making her worse makes no sense in regards to game design. The problem at this point is buffing the other healers to get to Mercy’s level, not nerfing her down to uselessness due to people wanting some “support spotlight.”

I don’t believe that toning mercy down will happen. Sorry, but it doesn’t make sense to nerf a hero that is balanced. Unless you are vouching that they Revert her, what would they nerf? They said they’re not removing res, they said that she doesn’t need changes, she’s been nerfed 8+ times already since her rework
 so there’s not much left to “tone down”. A nerf will do nothing to her current state, and it won’t instantly make Ana better. Ana would still be terrible, because she needs actual buffs.

I disagree, whether you believe it or not, statistically, Mercy is fine. Zen is also fine. Lucio is also fine (perhaps only in need of a minor buff). Moira is also fine. Brigitte is also fine. Symmetra is getting reworked and is now a Damage hero and made viable. Ana needs to be brought to their level of viability. That’s the only problem with her as of right now. Let’s stop blaming other heroes for the problems our own heroes have, and work on achieving true, fair, and fun balance across them all.

Buff Ana and give her the kit she deserves, the pettiness towards Mercy and who main her are irrelevant.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

A skillful Mercy is harder to tell apart from a skillful Ana simply because you are focused on your own role. A skillful Mercy is in the right place at the right time. She HAS to be 100% aware of EVERYTHING as she has the ability to change the outcome of every skirmish.

People don’t notice it and is why Mercy mains can attest to how thankless their job is even when they may have silently carried the entire game

1 Like

every hero has to be aware of everything 100% of the time, mercy isnt special for that.

1 Like

Ana needs to be better than mercy in heals at least. Mercy’s heals are insane.

1 Like

Bull. A Rein can only focus on what’s around him as he’s only effective in that range. He has limited reach and tools to support others.

Dp’s are focused on their picks as they should with the thought of peeling for supports if needed.

Mercy is a guardian angel, I mean her design should make this obvious no? She has the ability to swoop in and revive, heal, or boost. She must know where she is needed most to truly be effective. Boosting a widow who’s going to land her kills regardless is wasted time for example.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but this is the reality all of us have to deal with now. Many Mercy mains want changes to her too, but everyone said no. Same goes for those asking for nerfs; not gonna happen, she is pretty much officially “fine and balanced”.