Mercy should be able to crouch during rez

I’m sorry but being able to crouch is barely a buff. a buff yes but it’s fairly small. she’s expected to have the highest pickrate among the supports, after all she’s the game’s only dedicated healer.

The reasoning I’ll give you is as follows:

• She’s meant to be a sitting duck, she’s literally undoing a pick on a cooldown, it has to be risky for that reward. Furthermore, there are a plethora of things your allies can do to protect you during a Rez.

• Crouching in this game can be spammed to make you much harder to hit, especially critically. This goes against the designed aspect of her vulnerability.

Rez safely, ask for help or accept the risk.

I’m not arguing that point at all. I’m just saying that she will not get a buff when she has the 3rd highest pick rate. That is coming from Jeff himself. So if you want changes to her and you are still playing her, you are part of the problem.

So that she’s an easier target to shoot, which is the intended counter play.

While I agree, and it is annoying when an enemy Mercy gets to rez a teammate. Especially during the middle of the match and the middle of the field. But really, if I have to blame anyone it’s my team for not focusing on her.

Rez is too dependent on the team. Which is a problem that many are arguing. Not only that, she already gets a ~75% speed reduction during it. I doubt she’s going to be able to crouch spam that much. If she does, like I said, the blame isn’t on the ability.

Like I said, I’m fairly still having fun for her. Her core gameplay is still the same. So I’m sorry if this hurts the Mercy Boycott, but she’s still my favorite hero to play since launch.

She’s already a sitting duck.

If she’s supposed to be a sitting duck, shouldn’t she be crouching?

I don’t think you’re getting it, OP. “Being a sitting duck” isn’t a reason to give her a crouch if “being a sitting duck” is the designed drawback of the Rez.

And this is intentional by design.

Mercy rarely dies as-is.

http://www.omnicmeta.com/p/pc-us-deaths.html?m=1

What in the world, a lot of Mercy players have already stopped.

You think that most Mercy players out there are forced to play her?

She isn’t a must pick, she doesn’t have to be played. Most people playing her now think she is great, at least the ones I have run into.

The ones that don’t like her have already moved to another game or changed characters.

I know “a lot” is vague, but she’s still the 3rd highest pick which holds her back from getting any changes. So I guess “a lot” isn’t that many.

I think that’s more of a case of the other team being bad.

There are a lot of people who think she is fine. I’m in the middle, i don’t play her as much as I used to.

But if others do, enough to keep her pick rates that high, that’s saying something. I’m guessing, if most people didn’t like the way she is, she wouldnt be played as much.

No one is forcing them to.

Probably because Mercy’s already really good, and that would just be a straight up buff.

Her rez is already very powerful; the combination of her cast time and having her locked in that animation gives the enemy team a small window to punish a Mercy going for an unsafe rez. Having her able to crouch to avoid being sniped/etc. during rez in my opinion seems a little bit OP…

Which is precisely why Resurrect’s move off of ultimate remains controversial to this day.

This would be a good idea actually, that way we can tea bag the corpses of the fallen, even if we get picked off. Seems worth it to me.

Crouch spam.

I already said that boycotting (for anyone that doesn’t know this is from another thread between Stunlaw and I) is artificially lowering hte numbers. It will lead to nothing good. Let’s say you did boycott, now her pickrate drops to like 10th played or something, then she gets a buff and you start playing again, suddenly she’s back to 1st played because more people player her and the people who cheated the system start playing her too. That will lead to a nerf.

and there are equally broken no aim options like moira and brigitte

i agree, right now i have to almost break my arm spinning my mouse around for not to get head shot as easily