Mercy players, other than "old mercy" what do you want?

Honestly, I do not think Ana was a problem in the past. There were only two healers and everyone had a preferred hero, Ana. Mercy pickrates were not that high and Ana was preferred. Ana was not too powerful. It was that Mercy was not that impactful.

Which it finally got addressed in attempting to do a rework to make her better rather than just adjusting numbers. However, the rework failed from its original induction of being way too over the top.

1 Like

Resurrect returning as her ultimate, remove invulnerability and add a short cast time, no line of sight checks. She will be fully healed if she survives casting her ultimate. Eliminated teammates within range will be revived at full health. Teammates that are alive and are within her resurrection radius will be fully healed. She can activate her ultimate to fully heal her teammates that are alive or resurrect fallen teammates or both. Remove Valkyrie.

2 Likes

Actually, it’s quite the opposite. Her E ability and her ult are 100% the issue here. Healing is not a problem in the slightest. It never was.

How about instead of acting like we only talk about mass rez how about you check solution posts from them some great ones being the titanium ones and the eeveea earnable rez idea

Even with an ultimate that should increase her healing numbers her healing per game average isn’t actually up form the days of 1.0 so no that’s not the problem

1 Like

You’re all missing the point. The rest of the support line up, back in the day (before Moira and Baguette), required skillful input from a player. Zenyatta, Ana, Lucio, these heroes all require effort for the differences they make. Whether its to land shots as Zen and Ana and to stay alive while doing so, or controlling Lucio’s insane mobility and landing his projectiles.
Mercy is none of these things, and offers the best healing in the game. Do you not see the problem here? Do I need to get airport signals that read “Mercy is Lazy” and shine them from a runway?

Yes, thank you! People act as if we haven’t made a million suggestions already. We have though, and not all of them were regarding mass rez. Quite a few of them were some sort of rework of her current build. I’ve made suggestions myself. But there are only so many times you feel compelled to repeat yourself. Especially when everything is getting ignored anyway, by the devs and, by what others on the forums have said, the community as a whole as well.

She was a problem. She wasnt “Mercy post rework” bad, but she was a problem. She literally was so strong that she could, all by her lonesome, completely let D.va dominate and never have her get demeched. Ana was preferred even after the fact because mercy was, sad to say, rather boring. she didn’t provide a whole lot in the ways of utility, and her healing (at 50hps) paled to what ana was doing…hence why it was originally buffed.

Ana being the preferred character is the explanation for why the highest ranks clung to her for ages after her nerfs, (which honestly has hurt ana in the longrun, in my opinion). It doesnt explain why she was seen more across all ranks during a few key seasons, though, for multiple seasons. As the first couple ana nerfs came in, of course lower ranks stopped using her… even before any real mercy changes.

Regardless. You’re right, in that the rework was to address what made mercy less useful and a little more boring than ana. The rework was…a failure and it was massively overpowered.

Healing is the ONLY thing she really provides. She’s a pure healer.

Mercy is only “lazy” in low ranks.

And that’s also why Mercy 1.0 was a torll pick at any rank that you could ask people to actually be good at Ana without desperately throwing them onto a hitscan DPS to deal with that average Pharah.

Until the rez and Valk rework came in then she dominates all ranks

Hence the problem arises
A hero who has a fickle ult that required mind games (as the pre invuln and even to a lesser extent post invuln) mass rez required
And you asssume none of us want to add a skill cieling to Mercy, just like a classic CS:GO baby

1 Like

Its one of many. If you look at the whole Mercy package as a whole compared to Moira/Ana, then she really does have a number of strengths that make her very appealing.

Resurrection having a 30 second cooldown alone shows how strong it is even form the developers to do that compared to any other ability. It is enough that many will wager its more valuable than SleepDart+Bionade combined.

The healing aspect is just very high and not prone to failure. You cannot really mess up healing with mercy compared to Moira (range/resource) and Ana (reload/accuracy). 50% ana is 40 h/s and less. You even lose line of sight and still heal for about a second.

Mobility is just higher on Mercy compared to Moira/Ana. Useful thing.

Ultimate. Mercy arguably has the better ultimate compared to Ana and Moira since Moira’s is situation specific for it to out do valkyrie.

Overall, Rez is just one of a few things that Mercy has that many people see trumps Ana/Moira’s benefits. Moira can survive though due to AoE niche on a regular basis. Ana/Mercy are still single target for the most part.

Oh, and self heal not reliant upon an ability.

The utility Mercy brings to the table is healing. She doesn’t have sleep dart, boop, or discord. She heals. Her healing wasn’t a problem when Ana was the solid pick, it wasn’t a problem after Ana was nerfed. It just wasn’t a problem. In fact, it was buffed. From 50 HPS.

What do I want that Blizzrd does to her ? :thinking:

How about removing her from the game, I mean she is better off with some other game, atleast they might treat her better

A survivability buff to Ana so I don’t feel like I have to play Mercy to effectively primary heal.

I know stated Ana’s weaknesses are supposed to be no mobility and very weak self heal. Fine, but at least give the girl better one-on-one options than a dart designed to mostly miss and easily breaks with any kind of stray damage.

Then at least let it function as intended! Her problem is that an entire ever growing meta hard counters her — dive. To stave any high mobility hero off she has to be pinpoint accurate — even at point blank range. Shouldn’t the dart be easier to use at point blank range; at least as easily as a Flash Bang does? That’s a panic button buff that’s sorely needed — especially at the lower brackets of Ana play where there is no concept of peel.

Do that and I’ll quit maining Mercy and return to maining Ana again. I’m tired of always feeling like I have to play Mercy.

I’d like to be able to dash, just like Honzo. Sometimes I need to heal Rein and he backing up, the flight goes to the last point of where Rein was which is in front of the shield. It would be nice to dash backwards.

If you’re only hitting 50% of your shots on teamamtes as Ana, you’re not playing Ana very well. Ana and Moira both have much higher short-term healing than Mercy, with the tradeoff being that it doesn’t last as long as Mercy’s.
Mercy gets more mobility because she’s the worst at defending herself. Ana has sleep dart and can put out damage, Moira can damage and self-heal and has fade to disengage.
Valkyrie and rez on E are Mercy’s only problems.

I’d want them to delete rez and give her a new ability

I’ve thought that giving her an ability that allows her to shield a single target for a small amount + grants CC immunity would be cool.

Or maybe she can have an ability that lets her do some damage and slows an enemy. I’ve played a bit of Paladins recently and there’s a character called Furia that has an ability that pushes her back and shoots out a couple of orbs. Maybe Mercy could have something like that, but it shoots out one orb that slows.

Honestly anything that doesn’t have a 30 second cooldown would be good.

I definitely agree that this is Ana’s biggest issue. I could be 100% off base because I never played her much, but I think this is where she needs improved.

New ult should be a single instant rez.

New E would summon souls to your position

Boom, fun and balanced.