Mercy players, other than "old mercy" what do you want?

Mass rez was not just a balance issue, it was a gameplay issue. It’s not coming back!

So dropping mass rez, what do you actually want Blizzard to do with her?

If you’re so damn upset about her healing nerf, what do you want, what do you actually suggest?

6 Likes

Personally, I wish she would just play like medic from TF2. Good consistent heal, average mobility, decent weapon, powerful ult.

1 Like

So what changes would you make? Medic has a lot of tools to choose from and mercy and Ana both take influence from his kit in some way.

2 Likes

What is good consistant healing? Is it something that actually stops something from dying while taking fire?

An ability that doesn’t make me stand still for 2 seconds to reward someone’s stupidity.

9 Likes

We can’t really follow medic from TF2’s style, given TF2 is a much different game, and the medic isn’t competing with any other healer.

On top of that, weapons aren’t supposed to be Mercy’s thing. She’s a pacifist, her gun is merely a worst case scenario use kind of thing.

But furthermore, really good mobility is one of Mercy’s big things. I don’t think we should mold her into something she wasn’t made to be.

9 Likes

Healing that can’t be interrupted except by killing the medic basically, and usually at a high rate. I would trade GA for an overheal as well…

You know honestly I would just ditch rez and take invuln considering all the bad blood rez has produced.

I got about 50 hours on Mercy, so maybe that qualifies.

I want the Mercy on the PTR to go live :slight_smile:

Currently mercy’s passive healing is better than medic’s. His is 3hp per second then ramps up to ~10 after 10 seconds (I think) and some taunts heal him. Mercy’s may stop while his goes back to 3hp/s, but because mercy can ga she can easily kickstart the healing passive by dodging damage.

Turn res into an earable ability can be an ultimate or not I just would prefer to be rewarded for good gameplay also revert healing to 60
Also earnable res is instant

4 Likes

I guess I’m mainly talking about original medic flavor, with ubersaw seasoning. I know its a little silly to say “make it like that then”, but if I really can’t just go back to the old Mercy or sit here and suffer through change after change, then I would prefer to just go back to the last thing that I’ve seen work really well.

Medic is definitely in a whole different category in a very different game, but he is an archetypal healer type that can be easily spread around.

Remove Res all together.
Add a TF2 Medic like ability that either makes the target invulnerable for a short period of time (Pharah, reaper, roadhog etc ulting) or damage reduction in some way. Prefer the damage reduction one though.
Some utility on E.

“heroes never die” as a ultimate voice line, doesn’t really make any sense with Res.

1 Like

So I’m assuming that whatever Mercy is on isn’t going to die unless multipile people are targeting it. That on it’s own is kinda broken while removing GA for it makes her kinda garbage.

First of all, make res instant but earnable like ult charge (a meter like Torb’s scrap). Then make her healing beam 60/s again. Make the main beam in Valk heal 120/s but the smaller ones only 30/s or something and increase her fire rate in Valk for those battle Mercy moments

2 Likes

As a Mercy player, I want the current Mercy. She’s fine as is; perfectly versatile, not as oppressive as original or 2.0 Mercy, she’s great.

1 Like

Rez as an earned ability.

Other than that?

More than anything else, I want Mercy’s playstyle to go back to that of a “chessmaster”. Where the most important skills are looking 2 steps ahead in the fight, playing mindgames, and being really good at strategy.

I want to be able to help out in the midfight with something other than rez. I don’t like how rez is the only thing Mercy is known for, since she doesn’t actually have anything else in her base kit to help swing a fight. (clarification: I’m talking about burst impact. Mercy’s beams are sustained impact-over-time)

I want to have more agency over my positioning. Guardian Angel is fun, but it limits your positioning to the “next to where your teammates are”… and they often pick spots that aren’t safe for you, or are unreachable due to LoS restrictions.

I’d be happy with small mobility tweaks such as a glide instead of a featherfall on passive (so Mercy can get between ledges on her own), a hybrid option for “Guardian Angel prefers beam target on/off”, and a double jump on cooldown (high enough to get LoS to a teammate backed up on a ledge).

Please please please don’t take away Mercy’s bunnyhop, it feels amazing and it’s the only part of the rework that I like…

I don’t like rez on E at all, it feels terrible to use. I want an ability I can use much more often.

Of course I want rez back as an ult, but I’d accept heavy restrictions on its use. A LoS restriction and a cast time sound like good ideas to kill the shameful “hide n rez” and give it extra counterplay.

A small extra thing that I’d want (but am often reluctant to admit) is faster travel speed on Mercy’s bullets. I don’t want her to have more dps or be more combat-oriented, I just want her gun to be more accurate in a pinch. Her bullets are really slow…

3 Likes

Remove rez completely, restore her HPS to 60. New E ability is called Caduceus Overload, it’s a resource meter similar to defense matrix. Increases her HPS from 60 to 80 for around 5 seconds with an essentially 10 second recharge time/cooldown. During Valkyrie, her main beam is permanently buffed to 80, and using her E ability causes the chain beams to overload too.

Or, Mass Rez back as an ult with LoS restrictions and a cast time, new E ability can be similar to Valkyrie.

1 Like

i mean, overwatch copied a lot from tf2 so it isn’t really shocking that people are making the comparison.

Loved the ubersaw, I actually redownloaded tf2 to play Medic again. Can’t say I miss the finicky lock on (more difficult to see who you’re on), but it’s been 3 years so I’m getting used to it all over again.

I’m also not happy with mercy’s current state and I really avoid playing her 90% where I used to fill her.

Depends on your POV and is muddled by the fact that other healers exist. It was possible to power down a heavy being healed by a medic in TF2, but it was also super stupid. Just shoot the medic first. And that was the basis of most of TF2 strategy when it came to actual public game play(competitive was weird and hacky because it was basically a diff game so that changed up a bit).

The fact that people can ignore healers and still do well in OW is consistently surprising to me, but its a huge part of how the game was made.