Mercy needs more buff

Yes, it can. They could give her a new E ability or ult that’s a large burst heal or something with a similar animation to rez, with the idea of “bringing someone back from the brink of the death” like she did with Genji. They could even keep it named Ressurect, but just change the way it functions so it’s activated before someone dies and not after. The Devs have already said that Rez is purely an in-game mechanic, and not actually in her lore. And Jeff did say in an interview that they would be sad to remove rez, and want to try to keep it. Key word: try. It doesn’t seem to be working very well.

Except Mercy 1.0 was a troll pick because she didn’t have impact. She had no E ability, a burst ult that felt cool to use with shiny visual effects but wasn’t actually good enough to warrant playing her over any other supports, and her old GA made her pretty vulnerable against dive. It can be argued that she had less impact than current Mercy.

1 Like

No she really wasn’t. There was a whole one attempt of balancing it, which was a buff because it was WEAK.

Invulnerability was a mistake, but there were plenty of other options to make it more usable, but less obnoxious with the whole Hide’n’Ress situation.

They could have made:

• Ress have a short cast-time like Lucio’s Ult.
  • Only revive allies with Health, no shields or armor.
  • Make souls dissappear after 5s, so the window to get 5-Man-Resses would be a lot slimmer.
  • Give it LoS Requirements.
  • Instead of invulnerability, it should heal Mercy to full-health too, so she can still be killed through it.

The list goes on. And she could get an E-Ability to off-set how weaker her ult would be, but the Devs couldn’t NOT appease the salty DPS mains, could they?

1 Like

Actually, no. They changed mass rez multiple times. Here are the direct patch notes from over the course of the year.

• Resurrected allies will be able to maneuver after 2.25 seconds (reduced from 3 seconds)
  • While performing a resurrection, Mercy now becomes temporarily invulnerable along with the allies being revived
  • Ultimate charge cost increased by 30%
  • Movement is no longer prevented during activation
  • Guardian Angel instantly resets upon use

As well as the change of not being able to use Rez in spawn.

So yes, they attempted to balance mass rez with multiple tweaks, and then finally decided after a year to replace it with something they liked better (Valkyrie). Jeff has said they will continue to iterate on Valkyrie, as they believe it’s the best direction for Mercy. I agree with him, Valk is a much better overall design option and can be tweaked until it works best (change duration, GA speed, regen, healing during it, how the beams work, etc. but keep the general concept).

Except Rez was bad…that’s why all of the changes above you see are (mostly) buffs to mass rez. It didn’t need nerfs, all of the changes you have suggested would have made Mercy even worse of a troll pick, and mass rez even worse of an ult.

They didn’t remove Mass Rez because it was strong, in fact it was quite weak. They removed it because of how it functioned at it’s core.

I have 600 hours on Mercy since the launch of this game and I fully supported and advocated for the rework. Generalizing doesn’t help your argument.

1 Like

I hope so too. There’s no reason you should be silenced imo :blush:

I don’t really measure the validity or worth of an opinion by the amount of likes it gets. It doesn’t mean much to me. You feel differently. That’s your opinion, I have mine, we disagree :slight_smile: It’s okay! :v:

I have no reason to believe that. There have been many instances in human history where a large amount of people have been lead to believe something that isn’t true. :blush:

What your definition of “safely” will be different from other people’s :blush: Assumption is open to a lot of negative things, like possibly offending someone, coming to misunderstandings or false conclusions, etc, etc. I’d recommend against it, but ofc please do what you like :slight_smile:

Their points are opinion. How can they be disproven? I have read the threads, and I read Titaniums OP at least. See, this is why I was saying you can’t just assume someone is ignorant or unversed in the subject simply because they disagree.

I hope you can understand :blush:

Me too :blush:

There was no disproving. Do you have the objective stats that show that all the players that happened to be playing Mercy meant a certain thing when saying something to the effect of “die on point”? No. Do you have the stats to show how prevalent hide and rez was? No.

All there is, is speculation, and opinion.

Who said anything about a superiority complex?

Oh, so you agree that there is no fact at all in this discussion? Just a lot of opinion? Good to know :blush:

In that sense, we’re in agreement! :laughing:

Dear god dude.

I can’t anymore with you.

I wanna get off Quest’s wild ride, I’m sick of arguing in circles!

Oh god, the dizziness…

I don’t, feel s-so

Ohhh–haaaAUGH
:face_vomiting:

1 Like

That was unnecessary :weary:

I’m sorry that you feel that way. Very unfortunate.

I hope you have had a great night :slight_smile: Happy Halloween! :blush:

:slight_smile: :smiley: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::relaxed::kissing_closed_eyes::yum::blush::sunglasses::grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s all I got out of the above argument that’s been going on for an hour ^^

2 Likes

:blush: emoji is the forum meta when it comes to Mercy discussions.

Join us. :blush:

Try spinning in a circle for 9 straight hours.

I’d like to see your stomach hold up.

At this point I’m not sure which it is, me wanting to go to bed on time, or me just sick of typing the same explanations only to have you plug your ears and spout the same rearranged, regurgitated sentences.

Either way, I need some Excedrin. The dizzies suck.

That’s unfortunate :frowning: I hope you feel better!! :blush:

Don’t know why you felt you needed to inform me though… :sweat_smile:

Get well soon!

Funny how all but one of those is a Buff, and had compensation buffs on the same patch right? Also, Rez in spawn was a technicality.

Yeah, and it only took 14 Nerfs to leave her in a mediocre, but under-control place. Fun.

Rez being bad is an opinion not a fact. And with the proposed changes to it(not all but not necessarily just one either), power could go into her normal kit as compensation, this would make balancing her power a lot easier.

The only thing that doesn’t work is a free Ress every 30s that needs to be “counterplayed” by working as a “kill me!” button for the enemy team.

Wow, then I guess everyone else who has been complaining this entire year+ is just wrong then, hum? Its just a coincidence that so many people are unsatisfied with this rework, and its just a coincidence that pre-rework Mercy was low-tier and could use buffs, while Rework-Mercy needed to get nerfed over a dozen of times and the other supports needed to be buffed to even out the playfield.

What a success of a rework.

How do you measure success?

If it’s a measure of the removal of hide and rez, it was very good. No more videos/discussions about hiding spots.

:scream:

I’m not committed enough to see out the backlash this comment might cause. Don’t expect replies lol :laughing:

Except that her pickrates and winrates in comp and pro play during Mercy 1.0 show that she was, indeed, bad with Mass Rez.

No, but they don’t represent the entirety, or even close to a majority of the playerbase. People come to the forums to complain, Jeff and the Devs already explained this. If people like the game, they play it, if people dislike it, they write a forum post. That’s why the forums are almost always negative.

Plus, the Devs look at Pros, Statistics, and overall feedback more than just the forums.

EDIT: Yes, Titanium’s thread has gained a lot of likes and attention, because it’s well written and expresses concern with the direction of Mercy. But that doesn’t mean a major part of the community wants mass rez back. I guarantee if dislikes were a thing on the forums, that thread would have at least 75% of its likes in dislikes from those who hated mass rez.

3 Likes

Quoting you both for the ping.

Since you both seem incapable of using simple forum tools, and wish to continue spouting nonsense fueled by misinformation, I’ll just drop this here.

Read it, or don’t, not like it’ll matter too much.

Still, better to try and open the eyes of the blind than leave them in the dark.

Hey, friend :blush: I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear before? I thought I made this obvious… I’ve already read that.

Come on now :weary: Just because people disagree with you doesn’t mean they’re ignorant! That’s what I’ve been saying :sob:

??? :thinking:

Hello quest :grin:

I really enjoy the positivity you stand for and strive to spread among our forum community :blush:

Have a wonderful day! :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

You both continue to preach “Hide n Rez”, and “Die on point” as complete truth and refuse to see it any other way.

If you really have read it, you would know how your arguments are flawed.

Sorry sweethearts, but not everyone did it, and those who did eventually caught repercussions for it.

That was, until this “successful:TM:” rework showed up.

Thanks for saying hi to me Joel >.> I’m not QPing with you anymore ;(

1 Like

How dare you use my actual name Ryan lol

2 Likes

I haven’t said that at all! :weary: I’ve said there are no facts! Just opinions! I’m open to see it any way as much as I can! :blush:

Nah I’m pretty confident about my arguments :slight_smile: But even then, they’re just opinions! Just like that thread! :blush:

That’s your opinion! Thanks for sharing :laughing: