Mercy Megathread

Hey guys. I wanted to keep this important. Post all of your mercy changes or how you feel about her here.

13 Likes

She is in a very balanced state, unpopular opinion, but I win with, AND without her.

No further changes needed, at the moment at leastā€¦

16 Likes

Former Mercy main since season 2. Abandoned mercy for any other support or Dva/Reinhardt.

Mercy is too boring. I mean really extremely boring. No way I am going to play as her again unless changes happen. I play alone so thereā€™s never someone up to protect me while ressing, I just ignored the E button for the few games I played after the nonsense nerf.

I would trade the boring flight to have instant ress.

Mercy keywords are fast, mobility and reviving, the nerf killed her.

43 Likes

Itā€™s impresive how blizz found a way to close the Mercy megathread without major uproar. GG blizz, You did it again!

Mercy in her current state is unfun to play, unimpactful and unrewarding. Itā€™s not what You call a balance!

#Revert Mercy

35 Likes

that is not the problem. The fact that you state ā€œyou win WITH/WITHOUTā€ implies that you donĀ“t play her by yourself and donĀ“t see the main problem. Her ult is complete useless now and has now bigger impact than just boosting a regular push.

19 Likes

Oh boi, having to scroll a megathread infinitely should be fun

4 Likes

Statistically, sheā€™s ā€œbalancedā€. From a gameplay perspective, to a lot of people (and not just Mercy players) find that sheā€™s far more dull, un-interactive & un-rewarding than ANY of her previous iterations.

:sauropod: Dinosaur.

15 Likes

Mercy is VERY boring for me too play. Iā€™ve mained her since Season 4, went from Gold to Top 500 (Currently in Masters). I just wish the last nerf wasnā€™t there. It wasnā€™t needed. I just hate how weak she is. Her Ult is a Weaker Transcendence and a Weaker Super Charger. Rez is what Made Mercy, Mercy. Now sheā€™s just a Heal bot. The 2 Rez Mercy was fun to play. We had actually learned her for like the 3rd time. But now, sheā€™s just too BORING. Not to mention theyā€™ve removed 90% of the selling point of Valkyrie. Extra damage? Gone. Movement speed? Gone, 10 second Rez? Gone. Double Rez? Gone. And now she has a Cast time on Rez IN and OUT of Valkyrie.

24 Likes

Sheā€™s a balanced hero (though moving slowly to basically unused again at higher tiers), but as AzshFayd said, itā€™s nowhere near as exciting as Mercy used to be, especially before the rework. Her Rez has become less a decision and more a CD requirement, with her mobile playstyle interrupted for two seconds.

Her ult, while probably balanced, isnā€™t exciting at all, really. It becomes Mercy, but easier. Thereā€™s no drawbacks to the ult like many others have, and no engaging playstyle that differs from what she usually does.

TL:DR, Probably balanced, but not that fun anymore.

12 Likes

3% in GM this week, Is she balanced?

With the pre-rework was in better state or like now. We know that in the pre-rework was useless in GM comparing with Lucio and other support.

1 Like

We already have one with a lot of great ideas.

sheā€™s the most balanced since even before the rework and people are complaining??? if sheā€™s not fun go play moira, sheā€™s nowhere near as disruptive as the old mercy

1 Like

Iā€™ll just copy paste my last statement

Blockquote
Feb 14 (Edited)

Two weeks have passed since the nerfā€¦ I can clearly say again her ultimate has nothing to offer at the current state.
Even the chain healing canā€™t keep your team m8s alive against an ultimate.
You definitly have to give something back to mercy either her rez, 1.0 or the 2 instant I donā€™t really care how you will fix thisā€¦ THis is ur MESS so find a way. Or rework the valkyrie.

I can play as Ana, I get potg as Moira and 20k healing, zen, lucio etcā€¦ I can play any support. As people said above, I preffer Mercy cause she used to be fun. People might not realized it and they will never do, but for some players mercy used to be fun.

She is just a heal bot right now, her q is useless!!!

5 Likes

Have you ever tried shooting down a Valk Mercy?

Sheā€™s fine, and you canā€™t forget the rapid movement, AND her chain heals/boosts.

Yeah, I also support the fact we should give this changes a try for a few months.

1 Like

Lets get this pinned so we have the 8th echo chamber pinned so our opinions can be lost to the void.

Anyways Mercy just boring to play atmā€¦ tbh i may as well have fun playing as Moira and go on an Offense whilst healing. More fun and I can easily do a better job that the dps wannabe locking into the role.

10 Likes

Finding Mercy to be quite powerful still, but not overly so, there are times when i feel she is the best choice for all of her features compared to the other healers, she is uniquely capable of doing the job in her own way, but not a requirement.

Honestly, I think she is closer to a perfect spot than she has ever been in before. She can do her job, but she alone doesnā€™t dominate the game any longer, which is fantastic.

I personally get all of the use out of 15 seconds of Valk that I could ever want from an ult and more, the arguments that itā€™s only good for winning regular fights, are missing the point, which is that winning regular fights, is all you ever have to do.

Supports donā€™t have to tank ultimates, they just have to sustain the team to win fights, ults can be dodged and stopped any number of ways, reversing or cancelling them with another ultimate is not the only choice, and just isnā€™t what Mercy is for any longer. It doesnā€™t make her broken or boring, it just changes what her ultimate is focused on.

Sheā€™s incredibly valuable, but not a must pick, itā€™s great to widen the scope of potential options.

1 Like

Well we nearly hit 5000 in the 7th Megathreadā€¦ including past megathreads thats nearly 30000~35000 post asking for version 1.0 revert and rework from thereā€¦ lets aim for 40000!

But yeah Valkyrie has its own benefits but at the same time its dull, luckluster and lacks impact. I mean the PoTG are so terrible nowā€¦ unless you go on a raging Battle Mercy rampageā€¦ the PoTG are just terrible

they had to invent a whole new forum to get rid of the megathread,kinda extreme =D

6 Likes

Last nerf wasnt needed?

If youre talking about her most recent nerfs yeah. They defo was needed. Were they the right ones? Who knows? But a harsh nerf was needed some way or another. They tried soft nerfs, but her must pick status remain unchanged, so they just came in hard this time.

I played/play with a healer main, now she plays Moira, instead of Mercy but Mercy is her 2nd most picked healer. And we can still defo win with her. Shes not bad. Shes balanced. Unfun yeah, thats subjective. Shes always been a heal bot, with the occasional Mass Rez, now shes way more mobile than before, more active. Idk how nerfing an OP part of her kit suddenly makes her ā€˜ā€˜unfunā€™ā€™ Her 99% pick rate was unfun for a lot of people.

1 Like