Mercy Megathread

I respectfully disagree. For me it’s like saying: “Hey, let’s take away ultimates away from 76, Tracer, You-name-who. After all they just need to sustain damage on the enemy team to win fights, they don’t need any special powers!”.

It would not be fun! It’s that successful ultimate that brings You feeling of reward! It’s what defines the hero! And Valk in it’s current state is simply like: “You can sustain… but better.”

#Revert Mercy

And please, pin this thread back to the forums!!

8 Likes

I played Mercy since season 1, even before comp was a thing, and she was fun. Her mass rez didn’t start having issues till (if I remember correctly) season 4. That’s when she gained invulerablity from flying. Before that she was a troll pick. Not a must pick.

Everyone says rez wasnt balanced. If she wasn’t balanced then why was she a troll pick.

Then I stopped when 2.0 cam out. Now she is a full boring mess I wish would just get removed from the game, but it’s a succsess. Good job

8 Likes

Mercy base gameplay is always strong, a proficient Mercy can carry with nothing but healing and Guardian angel, resurrect was like a trump card ultimate.

Also the idea of hiding away and healing was a flawed logic, Mercy had to heal to gain her ultimate charge. Pulling out of a fight was tactical, in fact if i jumped in and died during an ult exchange, you dps players will be like xQc raging at me for the ‘mistake’ i did.

During 1.0 was defined players were the number of mistakes you did. Res ult couldnt be used at the very start, the only effective way to stop Mercy was to kill her and spawn trap her as much as possible so she gained no value.

Turning the ult into a skill was incredibly stupid any mistakes was instantly undone, any early advantage is negated… whilst Yes a multi res is powerful, it was a one time use ultimate until the ability was earned and recharged.

The skill base version required no skill and Valkyrie… doesnt provide much but optional temporary upgrade to your abilities to help your team along…

Also resurrect is a die on res button… 90% of the time if you aren’t resurrecting out of sight, behind a wall or around the corner it would often end with your death.

Whilst yes Mercy will always be viable and Resurrect will always be powerful, its all about yhe feeling and impact Mercy provides for the player. Some players pick up Mercy because they lack Shooters experience and are either girls (not trying to be sexist) or players from mmorpg background.

Some who play passively will not mind the changes because they can play it safe and from a distance and have reverted bqck to thier old hiding habit playstyle…

That is why Moira is on the rise, Mercy players can transfer their skills to Moira but those of us who play Moira know Moira isnt the same as Mercy, she not as strong as a solo healer or a heal bot, but like old Mercy she can provide impact but in a very different way. Like the only reason I feel Moira is going on the attack is because unlike Mercy, she provides impact that Mercy players dont feel, its less Toxic to play as Moira though you get enemy hate and you can eliminate better than some of the dps you wind up with.

8 Likes

The problem is that version 2.0 was not needed… the 3.1 changes was to just fix the blunder they made

5 Likes

Funny you mention 76, because his ult is pretty much a nerfed DPS version of Mercy’s ult, being that it doesn’t actually buff him, it just guarantees his shots land if LoS is available, and it takes away his ability to Headshot. But people don’t complain about that being uninteractive, or useless, or unfun because it can’t out DPS normal heal combo’s or ultimates.

She’s balanced, but boring as hell with no impact on the game any more.

4 Likes

I can get behind that tbh. A change was needed to a her mass rez ideally like a LOS or something, but I can see how 2.0 was not needed.

1 Like

yeah

and worse

they wanted an active mercy. Current mercy only has the illusion of being more active ,but she’s actually very passive. She can hug the skybox and heal from afar. SHe cant do anything else so she doesnt need to get close. She needs to hide to rez.

There are no gamechanging plays she can really make. She can just influence the flow slightly. And that’s why mercy mains are dissatisfied. She can ONLY heal,she could only heal before,but once or twice a match it was her moment to shine. But she could still mess her ult up if she timed wrong, Or overshot the range.

Now she has nothing really. Just…heal some more

8 Likes

This cliche response makes no sense at all, she plays the same as she ever has, with more mobility. Guaranteed high heals and high mobility, as well as 30% damage boost at any moment at will, is incredibly impactful. People can’t seriously go around parroting that Discord is incredible while claiming Mercy’s 30% damage boost at will is worthless, especially in her ult when she can stick it onto her entire team from 100 Meters away and alternate it with very high, entirely guaranteed reliable healing.

Her current ult actually has her engaging, moving, DOING things, making decisions throughout the entire thing, her old ult was pressing Q for a burst value once every minute and a half. There is no way that alone honestly made her engaging and impactful.

I played Mercy plenty back then, I play Mercy plenty now, she was god awfully boring to play back then, she had value in the right situations though which made it worth it, but it sure as hell wasn’t more engaging or fun than any other hero in OW.

Her fun was and is in her value, and she is more valuable 99% of the time now than 1.0.

It doesn’t compare to OP valk stage, but it shouldn’t that was a ridiculous time period where Mercy was god tier, and shouldn’t have been that way for so long.

2 Likes

Yeah. She is dull and requires nothong but holding a button basically…even torb and sym have to do more than her…

Also agree they said she is supposed be a mobile healer then gut every drop of mobility nullifying their own view of her.

Just hope someday Jeff admits they failed her.

11 Likes

its an ILLUSION. You APPEAR to be doing more things ,but the choices are MUCH easier with this mercy.
There are NO HARD CHOICES with this mercy.

Have rez? Safe to rez? use rez ,wait 30 seconds,repeat.
Have ult? Are the enemy pushing slightly? Ult , hug skybox , repeat

Its boring.

Old mercy had to build her ult to EARN rez. And if she used it too soon or too late it could lose you the game. Current mercy can only sustain her teammates,nothing more.

11 Likes

You have a point. But You kinda missed mine. Killing people in the video game is rewarding by itself. Healing people in the video game? Not really. That’s where Ress comes to play, and that’s why many people (me included) would like Mercy 1.? to come back.

If You consider 76 underpowered, I would advise to bring it up to dev’s in a separate thread. :slight_smile:

#Revert Mercy

6 Likes

I don’t want her to be op, but definitly i don’t want her to be as it now… she is just a heal bot there is nothing exciting without her anymore. Every hero deserves to be seen in owl… but definitly mercy is one of those hero that you will never see her again. She had a 5 man res the strongest ultimate in the game. She got valkyrie not as much strong as 5 man res but way fun to play. Now she has a spectate seat. That is not balance at all. It’s over nerfed

4 Likes

This is the kind of post I would downvote. Everything a Mercy does in Valk she does anyway. A good Mercy, which most are, can have everyone topped off and damage boosted at the right time, every time.

Her ult has her initiating team fights and watching her team die, because once the fight begins she sits at the skybox holding M1 and M2 as needed. She can’t heal through any ults, she can only watch and wait for the outcome to happen.
She may seem more active now, but good Mercys participated in the team fight unless they kept track of the ult storm that was about to happen.

Her current ult has her moving and doing things, but these are the same things she would be doing anyway. Burst value every 90 seconds is far superior to the very low trickled value she has as is.
Mobility may be the god in this game, but in close second is burst damage. 1.0 Mercy was one of two ults that countered Burst Damage, the other being Lucio’s Sound Barrier and it’s still a pretty bad ult.

There really is no difference between how Mercy is played in ult and outside of ult. She simply exists as a healbot. She has no impact, she can’t heal through the damage of a team fight, and the only difference is how far away she is from the action. In Valkyrie she exists as Lucio once did.

(As for your comments on Discord vs damage boost, Discord is superior because the entire team can benefit from it, while Mercy can only usually effect one person at a time. I tend to agree though, Damage Boost is pretty good)

6 Likes

A lot of us have bee requesting that for the last 8 month

They tried nerfing it so we cant res from spawn.

One soul has to be in range for it to activate but all we need is for it to be in line of sight.

Aside from that mass res doesnt work unless the team is willing to die in a neat pile that isnt over 15m apart from each other.

Mercy has to stop healing to allow everyone to die but any Mercy who plays her properly will do their best to heal and deny death (ironically high ranked Mercy claimed i healed too much in megathread 1)

5 Likes

Mercy is fine the way she is now.

2 Likes

I guess no one liked being forced to play Mercy when she was mandatory because people didn’t liked her. Why should us being forced now to play heroes that we don’t like because our favourite is unbearable to play? Old Mercy was the most balanced and fun form she ever had, that was Mercy. Actually we have a zombie moth.

I never hid with the old Mercy. Now hiding is mandatory all the time. Before I could be a hero sometimes, now it’s impossible. Before I had a real impact on the game. Now I haven’t it at all. Before the rework I had to think and do things all the time. Now I don’t have to use my brain almost never (only the basics).

Can we have a fun and balanced Mercy again, please?

8 Likes

Her ult does 90hps to the main target and 60 hps to every connected target, increases her movement speed and gives her free flight. That is much different and much more valuable than her outside of her ult.

If you’re hugging the sky box, you’re making yourself incredibly vulnerable to a widow or a Hitscan ult, so most Mercy’s avoid that most of the time. Her ability to distract DPS and constantly heal herself while escaping most damage with her increased mobility is also a valuable trait that shouldn’t be overlooked. If one/two of their DPS are struggling to drop an ulting Mercy, they aren’t looking at your team.

Half of you say she’s so nerfed that she’s useless now, and the other half make comments like this that try to say she’s OP to the point of being uninteractive and boring now.

It makes it hard to believe when you all say you’re agreeing with each other when people who want her changed are throwing out opposite arguments constantly.

I’ll admit that I miss the pre-nerfs Mercy. Interesting how her 5-man rez was considered to be ‘unfun’, yet team wiping ults are perfectly fine somehow lol.

Honestly, I feel like the nerfs took away what made Mercy, well… Mercy. When I first played her, she still had the feel-good rez phrase of “Heroes never die”. They even had a special change just for the Witch skin, “My servants never die!”. Both sounded epic, and it’d feel great to help your teammates in a game-changing way.

When against enemies, the team rez meant ‘uh oh, they’re back–so how do we counter this situation?’ but I never thought of it as a bad thing. It just felt like more of a challenge to see who’d come out on top. Also, it would’ve been smart to try not to waste all your ults at once, especially if you knew the enemy mercy hadn’t ulted yet, lol.

I understand why some people found it frustrating though, and how some players would pressure others into playing Mercy when they wanted to be Lucio, Zen, or Ana… I can see why that wouldn’t be fun for them. People should be thankful to get a person willing to play support at all tbh, lol.

I don’t know when the ‘hide and seek’ thing became such a huge issue, but I feel like that wasn’t the true problem–It was really just the SR gains you’d get as Mercy for manipulating the competitive system by trying to get huge rezzes all the time. After that system was discovered by players, instead of the SR gain being fixed, Blizz just nerfed Mercy into oblivion.

They had some good change ideas, but I feel like the ‘progression’ for Mercy to be a worthy support–From her being able to rez multiple members of her team, to her getting a temporary invulnerability designed specifically for her to help her get the rez off

All of that changed when the fire nation attacked her ult was completely changed, and they made rez a 30 second ability. If rez was such a problem and made fights ‘unfun’, why make it an ability that can happen every 30 seconds?

Inadvertently buffing her pistol, her speed, to the point of her getting POTG for shooting enemies after getting nano’d during her ult… ‘it wasn’t our intention’ no, but taking that away sure is reducing Mercy to being a heal and dmg-boost bot lol.

You gave her wings, but she’s so slow with her flight as well as when trying to get rez off, there’s no point trying to use the same suicide tactics that would happen in pre-nerf Mercy when you’d try to get a rez off and you had to sacrifice yourself to do it. It’s almost as if we’re back at square one… hmm. :thinking:

All in all, Mercy is just not as fun for me to play as back then, but I’ll still play her out of of a sense of nostalgia. She isn’t ‘dead’, she is still a great healer, and she’s still more mobile than most of the supports aside from Moira–Y’know, until she also inevitably gets nerfed after enough outcry and witch hunting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 Likes

It does not, or are you talking about someone not Mercy? Because Mercy can only ever heal anyone at 60 hp/second, no more and no less.

7 Likes