"Mercy mains are entitled" I Why this is wrong!

To summarise the situation, after the most recent balance changes were revealed, people found out that Mercy got buffed. Said buffs are as follows:

I, personally, feel as though these buffs are a good start but Mercy still will most likely cause issues. Mostly in the fun department. Other players hate the buffs. Totally understandable and is their opinion. What I now don’t understand is, why are people now claiming that Mercy mains are entitled? It doesn’t make any sense at all. We’ve always complained about the state of Mercy. Even when she was OP. It’s not like we’re just starting to complain now because we want her to be OP. Otherwise, we wouldn’t have complained when she was OP.

I hope people can stop saying this and understand that us Mercy mains, that dislike her state after the rework, have always been complaining about her. I hope we can move on from this and have meaningful and constructive discussions.

That is all. <3

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positively and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
39 Likes

“Mercy mains will only be happy when they go back to being a must pick” comments show they don’t even bother reading what we want to say.

43 Likes

I feel as tho it’s because we havent even felt the impact of the changes that everyone is already calling it out.

Not everyone got to play on the PTR yet and most are already saying that its trash and that its not the right buff to her. I agree that she needs more buff than this but it is still a right step in the direction of buffing Mercy.

5 Likes

we don’t need to “feel” anything.

We’ve already “felt” 60HPS in Valk for a whole year.
It’s poo.

30 Likes

We got a partial revert, we know what 60hps feels like. And the charge rate change was to make the ult charge as fast as before the last nerf.

So we know she still feels very bad. Her healing is still too low to be considered a main healer, too.

13 Likes

Completely agree with this. I’m happy you pointed out you think these buffs are a good start. Because they are. A buff is a buff. But the constant ‘entitlement’ toxicity being thrown around is uncalled for.

I would like this thread if I hadnt run out.

12 Likes

Totally. I just don’t agree with the assertion that we’re suddenly entitled now when we’ve always been advocating for changes to Mercy, even when she was broken and a must pick.

1 Like

People are mad because we already felt the impact of this buff BECAUSE we used to have it. It was like that before. And it was trash back then.

Why would anyone be happy with being thrown 10 meters under the earth then be pulled up 1 meter? Its not an improvement.

8 Likes

I think many Mercy mains won’t be happy unless she gets something similar to Mass Rez, or is genuinely overpowered.

I try my best to find reasonable Mercy mains who aren’t looking for that.

12 Likes

First part, totally understandable. Mass Res was an amazing ultimate. Second part, definitely can’t agree there. Like I said, this isn’t something new. The forums have always been flooded with posts of Mercy mains complaining. OP or not.

Pats on the back.

1 Like

Hey, how are doing? I think she’s fine how she is currently and although I won’t complain about buffs she doesn’t need them.

1 Like

We never asked for an overpowered mercy. Most of us didn’t even like overpowered mercy.

We want fun mercy, balanced mercy.

4 Likes

Haha yes
Trying to hide bad design by nerfing and buffing again. :clap:

1 Like

I personally feel like people playing mercy have gotten so invested, that they go a tad bit overboard with the mercy threads, and they occasionally do unintentionally hijack threads. Regardless of who’s at fault here, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

3 Likes

LMAO So what would you change that’s not mass res? to make her more fun of course.

Thing is though, besides the fact that this is just a return to Valkyrie’s previous healing numbers, the primary complaints had little to do with her actual strength and aren’t going to be solved by simple number changes.

Like, these people were complaining about the feel of Valkyrie even when Mercy was a must pick. Blizzard is really just going in circles at this point, and at best, they’re going to end up making Mercy too strong again if they continue to ignore the core problems people have with her and Valkyrie/Rez on E.

1 Like

OW community doing their best to show just how immature and toxic they can be. Honestly some of you make me really ashamed to be associated with this game.

1 Like

And I totally get that.

Just gets me that Mass Rez or something similar isn’t the only way to make her Fun.

For instance, I got this spear idea that would be genuinely fun, without buffing her power by much at all.

And even if that’s not the best idea ever, It really confuses me why the vast majority of Mercy posters aren’t focusing on making Mercy fun in ways that the devs would be likely to listen to.

🍢 [Mercy] Spear of the Valkyrie

So you can then do what, watch a movie or something?

I think the thing about reverting is, we would rather get revert mercy than current buffed mercy.

But I’m sure, if an actually GOOD rework was done, we’d love it!