Mercy mains are doing what they got mad at flanker mains doing

No, they don’t make themself an easy target when they’re about to counter a teamwhipe
Btw Mercys ult did the exact same thing: counter a teamwhipe

Pls at least try to use your brain :<

3 Likes

Overwatch logic: if you can’t kill through counter-wipe ultimate with more damage, it must be overpowered.

4 Likes

Firstly roadhog main did complain and so did ana mains, there was a time when you couldn’t make a post without an ana main slipping a comment about ana in it. Don’t get me wrong I perfectly understand them doing it as a Mercy main myself, but this constant double standard for dps/skill vs Mercy/healer needs to stop.
If you don’t make a song and dance no one will care and it will just get pushed under the rug. We didn’t ask for this overpowered rework, if fact the first I heard of it I remember thinking putting res on a cooldown sounds a bit op.

The difference is genji can still do his job (kill stuff) Mercy is supposed to be a Main healer but the best she can do is slow the damage and now mercy players have to scroungeto find some other way to keep her usefull.

2 Likes

You’re comparing a hero that avoids a fight stops doing their job to pull off an ult to a hero that in most cases is close and ready to trans as the teamwhipe is about to start to manage to save their teammates before they get wiped… wbat are you even on about the only case a Zen “takes cover not hide” is so they wont die to a headshot… other than that they’ll be capable of transing.

The only case that Zen actually hides like mercy does is to avoid EMP that literally the only case the zen will back off way away from their team.

What sorta zen players are you even playing with?

I’m not going to quote your last sentence and write it back to you as I know I’m gonna get mass-flagged so I’ll let it slide.

Mass rez was countering wipe, but it required Mercy to survive said wipe first. With no independent mobility to rely on, she had that one option everyone hated.

Also remember, that while Zenyatta can cast his orbs and don’t reveal his location, Mercy has distinct beam leading to her. He doesn’t have to survive full fight, just until ults are activated.

Mercy players were asking for E ability, so taking cover/hiding were not only options available, when you have to survive longer, than your teammates, to bring them back.

2 Likes

Im comparing the most fragile support hero with the strongest teamwhipe counter on Q with Mercy

Hiding with Zen means stop shooting and using his Shift an e because if the enemy genji sees you and dives you you’re dead and you’re team will die on his Dragon blade
I’m talking about a hero that stops supporting his team for the sake of saving it when it’s about to die

Mercy is doing the exact same thing, the only difference is that instead of letting genji waste his blade on trans his work will be undone
In the end the teamwhipe is cancelled and the team lives. The only difference between them is that one is pre and the other post actively countering a teamwhipe

The Zen players that I’m talking about are Zen players in master since I played in masters most of the time before I became “less active”

3 Likes

I have never seen a Zen leave the fight to hide from a genji… right now you seem to making up a play style which is actually really bad.

The best method is to stick with your team a Genji by himself should not be capable of dashing in and killing you.

Could you please provide me of a video of where a zen left a fight and “hid” not took cover for 2 second and started doing their job again… there’s a huge difference between Mercy’s hiding and Zen taking cover to avoid damage… everyone uses whatever is on the map to take cover… not everyone back way off the team and hide in an isolated distance and wait for the team wipe.

You can still counter trans by burst damage, headshots, nade.
Mass rez? Just kill the Mercy.

Please provide me of the gameplay footage of that master player I’d actually want to see how they copy old Mercy’s play style and actually make it in time with trans to stop a team wipe.

Roadhog is such an interesting case. Although, yes – I’d say Roadhog mains complained for quite some time. That is until Blizzard came upon the damage reduction buff. Some time after that people stopped caring and played other tanks.

Y’know, kind of like the situation Mercy might be in right now… I’d think that people are generally playing more Ana and Moira than anyone else due to Mercy’s nerfs.

Genji? Yeah, nothing really changed with triple jump or lower blade time. Dive meta was in effect for a long while. Turns out Genji and Tracer are strong enough to take minor nerfs and still be effectively playable.

Who’da thought

RosenAria used Deflect!
Is super effective! … but thats a Genji skill, oh the irony.

Yeah no, you cant backpedal when you are getting called out for a explicit behaviour that you show on forums everyday. Like you wouldnt or many other Mercy mains that are still spamming the forums are not doing it.

2 Likes

As much as you would like to compare Genji and Mercy, Genji didn’t have drastic rework, making him first broken, then useless.

Closest to Mercy in that is Symmetra, and her rework isn’t going great either.

I have no idea what you’re trying to get at. I literally wasn’t posting about Genji, how could I be portraying anything at that time? Also, I literally just said “I don’t care if Genji mains complain about their hero” which contradicts your post.

2 Likes

Genji got a stealth buff when Sym lost her lock-on, and Genji wouldn’t even be here if it wasnt for Angela Ziegler.

Its not the same, Mercy mains are oppressed by the devs, the playerbase, and the game itself. Telling them to press H is basically discrimination. They want to play Mercy, they want Mercy to be fun (whatever that even means since shes always been boring but whatever), anyone else who wants to have fun playing their favorite character SHOULD switch because they arent nearly as oppressed or hated.

Tl;dr - Mercy is exempt from this and if you think she shouldnt be you deserve to get flagged and banned.

2 Likes

because she was fine before the rework, for almost a year and a half. :joy:

Didnt she idk, become op and a must pick after the rework or something.

3 Likes

It doesnt, specially when you are replying to a thread that SPECIFICALLY mentions in the first sentence this :
“(Mandatory “this doesn’t apply to all mercy mains, just the loud majority who are complaining on the forums”)”

So yeah, its basically on the behaviour and not the people doing it, and we all know who that crowd is … deflect is not going to work on me pal, i use beams.

GGs

Well why didn’t she Res them huh?

1 Like

Well duh,someone interrupted them before they can pull it off because of the cast time and slow reduction.

To be fair that disclaimer is not very fair. There are people not on the forums who are displeased and share that view. In this case that would be Aria’s youtube channel. Problem is there are people who make threads just to reference this and back up their points or refute them. I can see how one would assume this could be about them as they are a major player in the Mercy situation.

1 Like

Not really.

Also there are heroes worse off then even the current Mercy who don’t get any attention. You don’t see them spamming threads daily.

2 Likes