Mercy mains are doing what they got mad at flanker mains doing

Make Soldier a Support

-Make Soldier a Support gang

2 Likes

Please don’t lump all flanker mains into the same pile with anime lovers.

Mercy was becoming unplayable, like Ana was. The genji change made genji more in line with the other heroes in the game, The mercy change put her in a troll hero position, where she could have no direct impact on the game. Situational abilities that couldn’t even be used every fight.

The genji change kept genji as a good hero, he’s powerful, he can carry if the player is good. But you could put a god player, on Mercy, and he won’t be able to carry the game just because everything In Mercys kit is limited.

Youre Implying that if Mercy was put into a troll pick state, like not many other heroes, we should live with it, adapt, and move on…?

1 Like

…I wasnt even here when Genji got changed. I didnt even know the forums existed. I was having fun with this game.

You are confusing balance changes with a rework. Balance changes are usually quite easy to adapt to.

The Mercy rework was bad conceptually and no balance change will change that. They will not revert that so she needs another rework.

But everything changed, when “balance game around pro players” nation attacked.

They will revert that, except they won’t call it a revert. Blizzard seriously believes that players have memory of a goldfish and won’t remember anything.

Question is how many iterations it will take for them to return resurrect to ult. And if Overwatch will still exist at that moment…

A Zen staying in the middle of his team? Thats the 2nd worst possible position a Zen can be in. The 1st one being in front of your own tanks
As Zen you want to be positioned so far that the enemy team can just shoot you, you usually try to stay somewhere outside of Crees effective range somewhere right next to a wall, that way you can take cover easily when youre being focused and youre too far away to get shot down by a regular Deathball or Bunker Comp

Usually on 2CP (defend) you stay near your spawndoors (2nd point). In Hanamura(1st point) you stay directly on point or on the small bridge between the point and the building with the small healthpack in it. Those 2 are great examples of how a Zen should position himself. That means that often hes an easy target to dive but its hard to reach and kill him with any other hero

I dont watch any Zen players on YT/Twitch so I cant give you the asked example. Pardon

I wonder. What is “hiding” for you? Running on the other side of the map so that absolutely no one will ever be able to find you?
Hanamura 2nd Point, defense is a great example of how you Hide as Zen/Mercy:
Before a fight is breaking out on point you usually want to position yourself next to the stairs next to the spawndoor on the left side of the 2nd point. If you “hide” as Zen or Mercy all you do is keep doing your job while staying near that staircase until you see the teamwhipe causing hero to engage with their teamwhipe. Shortly before that you just go in that staircase and wait for this whipe to happen. Now the diffrence between Zen and Mercy:
Both hide in the staircase, the moment the Zen player hears the teamwhipe causing ultimate he presses Q. The casting time + animation of that teamwhipe causing ultimate lasts long enough so Zen will be on point in time.
As Mercy you stay in that staircase, maybe walk up the stairs to the highground and wait until the ultimates wear off. Then the Mercy is doing the exact same thing: Going in and press Q

Its a lot harder to do it as Mercy though, because youre not only have to survive until they engage but you also have to survive the engage itself to get your pay off

1 Like

As a Mercy main, I was sad to see 60 HPS go, and when I lost it, I kept saying I didn’t notice a huge difference until I was healing tanks. I noticed, but not nearly as much as I realized when trying the new buff.

With the buff, I didn’t realize just how much I missed 60 healing. Something so simple felt so good. When I got to feel that 60 HPS back in Valk, it was actually exciting. It made me like Valk just a little bit (because I hate that damn ultimate) and makes me feel a little more excited to be able to use it for that 60 HPS. But I’m also a bit saddened that it was taken away in the first place. :frowning: Oh well. At least I can finally feel more excited to use Valk in the future!

As long as it doesn’t save teammates, it will be same boring “watch teammates dying, then fly away” kind of ult.

It’s not an ultimate exactly meant to save teammates. It CAN, but that’s not it’s function. It is like nano boost (before the buff), you use it to enforce a push. “I ulted, NOW PRESS W.” It’s a proactive ult, not reactive. It gives sustain, but it isn’t meant to save. You use it as the fight breaks out, not in the middle of the fight.

And that’s why it’s lame: no one wants support just for attack. Players want support for those dark moments, when shields are broken down, team is suffering under heavy fire, and support ult is only thing to save your day.

Ana was the same way for 2 years until the 300 burst HP buff (which only saves 1 target). Moira has the exact same type of ultimate also. An engagement ult with sustaining properties, but it isn’t meant to save or be reactive.

Moira ult is saving type, 140 hps is nothing to laugh at. Nanoboost forces other team to focus on teammate with boost, sparing everyone else.

Yes, it CAN save, but it isn’t a reactive ult and cannot be used solely to save. It is an engagement ult that sustains.

It can be used solely to save, 70 dmg/s is just a bit above Winston. You would like to use it on your tank, so it won’t die from all incoming damage.

Would you use it on your team against ultimates? Nope. It’s not reactive. You can occasionally, but if you use it during barrage, dragons, grav, etc., you’re just wasting it trying to be a Zen wannabe. It’s not the primary function of her ult.

Yes, I would. 140 hps gives that very needed time for your teammates to take cover/for tank to recover their shield.

Balance of damage and healing clearly shows, where primary function of Coalescence is. Unlike Transcendence, it can be used to support that overextending Genji in his quest for glory.

Stop calling Mercy a dedicated healer for god’s sake. She has some of the best utility in the whole game. If you wanna call any support a dedicated healer,then it should be Moira.

Except for surviving waves after waves of dives by using her ablity on a 1.5 second cooldown… If Mercy is good she can pretty much block all the flankers and waste their time and every cooldown they have. Every time she trades cooldowns it’s a win for her because she gets hers much faster that anyone else.
She’s like Tracer in that regard. Her value doesn’t come from pure raw healing/damage numbers, it comes from her mobility and survivability.

Comapring Moira and Mercy’s healing is like comparing Junkrat and Tracer’s damage…

1 Like

Except she won’t be chased, if her healing/damage numbers are too low. For Mercy to have value from her survivability, she should be priority target, and if she isn’t strong enough, she won’t be one.