Mercy is "unfun"

Which is true with every hero?
The number of people who play against Rein outnumber those who play him.
The number of people who play against Sombra outnumber those who play her.

There’s no logic in this, theres 28 heroes.

1 Like

Blizzard set the precendent that heroes can be changed on the basis of them being “unfun” despite being balanced. Until they say otherwise, this is a valid argument to use.

1 Like

There was a post a while ago that asked how Mercy was considered unfun and I replied how some of the players/fans felt. Instead of typing the whole thing out again I’ll leave a link.
One thing I’ll add is if you didn’t play the hero before, it doesn’t make sense to ask for changes. But if you played the hero a lot or was a fan of them before, I think it isn’t too much to ask for changes (minus “I want my hero uncounterable and OP” because that’s just stupid). Fun is subjective, but I think if an ultimate makes it so that two corner stones of your character (strong single support and team-based mobility) are unnecessary, then it probably gets rid of the fun for most of that character’s players. Additionally, if you nerf their primary job it does make them less fun (again, unless if it was OP, in which case it should get tuned down, but this wasn’t the case for Mercy).
Enough of that, the link to a longer comment I made that can be related to this is added below. I hope this helps you and the community understand why some Mercy players think/say the things they do, and again everyone has their own opinions. I acknowledge that I don’t speak for everyone and I hope you know that Mercy mains don’t all “demand” for a hero change, or at least not without giving reasons why they think there should be changes.

No version of Mercy has ever really effected my own personal fun factor. I’m not gonna front, I didn’t mind Mass Rez when it was used by a Mercy on my team, and I definitely didn’t mind being the single target Rez pick for Mercy’s on my team either. My legit only beef with Mercy has been with Mercy one tricks, and that isn’t a beef exclusive to Mercy, but was certainly more prevalent on Mercy. Getting two Mercy one tricks was always a sigh of pain to come. …Also Mercy mains and their bizarre attachment to her.

And they reworked her because she was “unfun” to play against :scream:

Idk, Mercy was fun to me even before the rework, even though the ult was completely busted and she lacked something.
Then came the work and she was so ridiculously busted I literally didn’t play her in comp because it felt unfair. I mean, Ressfest meta was frustrating.

I don’t know, she progressively became unfun to me - and boring. The best thing about the rework was the Guardian Angel’s slingshot mechanic - and that was an accident!
I think Ressurect was massively poorly dealt with and I think Valkyrie feels more like the prototype of an ability that could’ve been really cool.

For the longest time now I’ve kept the faith that they would do the best for their game based on their knowledge of characters yet to come, but now I don’t fell that way anymore.
As a support main, I prefer a lot more to play off supports right now. Mercy is heartbreaking in her current state and Moira… honestly, the only thing that’s ever made me want to play Moira is her Halloween skin. I’ve become an Ana main during the last 3 seasons.

And no, it is not a case of me finding out how much Ana can do and becoming overwhelmed with it. I could always carry solo heals as Mercy and enable my teammates, quite reliably also. But in her current state? Running Mercy as a main healer relies on your enemies playing a little bit like Scheiße.

Man, Idk… the state of healers and tanks in this game.
Have been taking a break for a couple of weeks now. I think I’ll take two more before even trying to come back.

stun, aimbot, freeze, self healing, healing, nuclear bombs, traps, venom mines, guardian angel, rewind, transendence, wall riding, shields, hook, charge, Doomfist, deflect, Pharah, turrets, hacks do? I hate rez and it’s the reason Mercy is broken, both as an ability and as an ultimate, but the “has no place in any FPS” needs to stoP, if you don’t want it, play something else. It’s like me geing to play League of Legends and complain because it’s “not like Overwatch”, even though they are both consired MOBAs

" The game is played from a first-person perspective, and the ability for CS:GO-esque, twitch-accurate aiming is certainly important to some heroes’ play styles. But the game’s best kept secret is that Overwatch isn’t an FPS. No. Overwatch is a MOBA (Massive Online Battle Arena) in disguise."