"Mercy is fun as she is, no changes needed"

People just dont want Mercy to exist tbh.
The comments and attitudes toward her make no sense.
People complain that she shouldnt get changes and be better because she is too easy to play, but at the same time, they dont want any changes to her that would allow for more expression of skill.

Mercy as she stands is a bot. Her ultimate performance of skill is staying alive (que the music).
Primarily tho Mercy is a rez bot, thats her ultimate utility.

1. Rez in Mercys current state (and i personally believe overall) should never be on a flat CD, it needs to be earned to theres reward for both Mercy players and her enemies. If you kill the Mercy she wont have rez, if the Mercy is good she will have rez more often than the bad Mercy, it rewards both good play on Mercy and it rewards countering her. As it stands killing her doesnt matter, especially considering how low impact Valk is.

2. Valk is good, but its not amazing. Which is fine, if Mercy would get another ability to work with and have something to do with the team, it wouldnt matter as much, I only think rezz channel time should be halved during Valk. Enhanced abilities- enhance (also if the ‘‘earned rez’’ would be implemented it would have more interactions with this, cause killing her and denying her rezz change might mean you wont have rez even for Valk)

3. Mercy needs another ability to work with bar some bigger changes to her kit. Mercy for all intent and purposes is a channeled hero, she can only do one thing at a time, she effectively channels her heal, her dmg boost and her rez. Such is life. But it also means that with her current situation (rez on 30 second cd+Valk basically being a low mass heal or mass dmg boost, again leaving her in channeling and giving her low agency or decision making or execution), she doesnt have much to do. Compared to basically every other healer that has at least 2 cds to manage depending on the situation. So for example Ana, can weave dmg into her healing without missing a beat due to the nature of her primary healing and dmg, she also has 2 abilities on about 10 second cds which she needs to think about and what she can do with them. Does she use them offensively or defensively? is there an ult or flanker or other engage she needs to save her sleep or does she go for an aggressive sleep? Same with nade, it can be used defensively during an engage, it can be used aggressively to start an engage, it can be used aggressively to stop a support ult/ability. Theres decision making and ways to distinquish one Ana player from another. Mercy basically boils down to dmg boost when you have space to and rezz when you need to/it is available, and thats only every 30 seconds.

Her primary mode of skill expression is staying alive and her healing is too low to actually really save anyone, making her role in team fights extremely limited, compared to any other healer.

8 Likes

How does it feel to live rent-free in peoples headspace so much that they wish good things to happen only to spite you? :rofl:

3 Likes

This I did not know!

1 Like

its really rather odd

I am hoping for wishes of pestilence and famine outbreaks upon me next time.

Onwards and upwards, and all that

2 Likes

Well I admire your ability to tilt them simply by existing and being ever-present. :raised_hands:

1 Like

To me, this is painting with far too broad a brush, as there are many, many, many players who enjoy Mercy as she is right now and ergo would not want her to cease existing

I dont usually see that stated as the reason

Usually, I see it stated that she is either fun to play as she is, or she is balanced as she is, or she is impactful as she is - or any combination of those three

As I see it, more commonly it is a “if it aint broke, dont fix it” position.

and she isn’t broken

Specifically regarding more skill expression, I think BigMainLittleChains might help without disrupting the game much for those without the desire for more sill expression, but honestly, if one wants a more skill based character one need not change Mercy, rather, play one of the more skill based characters that already exist n the game…and there are several available

I don’t see it that way, personally. Nothing robotic about her as a whole.

Actually, Rez is one of her cooldown abilities, not her ultimate

I dont see the need to make rez be earned like Valkyrie (or any ultimate) is

In my opinion, Valkyrie is one of the strongest and most versatile abilities in the game

There is an issue with adding an ability (even assuming she needs one, which I dont agree with) when console has no remaining buttons to assign said ability to

I save teammates all the time with Mercy’s healing, and find her healing to be quite strong

I as Mercy am heavily involved in teamfights, personally, same as any other support

1 Like

thank you for doing your duty of trolling and spamming threads.
Bye now.

7 Likes

clarifications:

1. I am not a troll, nor have I acted the part of one in any statements made in this thread

2. No statements I have made in this thread are spam, or could be reasonably described as spam

1 Like

Shhhh, calling anyone a troll is against the forum Code of Conduct.

I’m not defending him, I just don’t want you to end up silenced.

3 Likes

You silly billy they’re using “ultimate” as an adjective (being the best or most extreme example of its kind-from Webster’s) not a noun.

Though could have used a different word to avoid confusion.

1 Like

Honestly, sometimes holding your tongue is the only way to prevent such empty replies.

I re-read the statement in question

I stand by what I stated

Of course you do

3 Likes

Ok just pointing out that you’re reading it as a noun when they’re using it as an adjective.

as I said, I dont see it

Well they have it phrased as “ultimate utility”.

Ultimate describing utility.

Though if you read it as a noun noun instead of a adjective noun there’s not much I can do.

2 Likes

Even though they wrote it in a very specific way, I’m still choosing to interpret the statement the way they didn’t intend me to! >:^|

3 Likes

If the two of you wish to belabor it, thats your choice. I wont be joining you in this regard.

All I’m stating is how you may have confused it due to the word choice.

That is all.

But feel free to misconstrue my responses I don’t mind.

4 Likes

Huh? Think you’re replying to the wrong guy?