"Mercy is fine fun is subjective play someone else"

if you buff more than you nerf, out of any reason, power creep will catch on so nerfs will eventually hit as well, balance IS important unless you want a joke game (which is talked about on the video)

There is one thing that I like about Overwatch more than anything else and that’s how consistent everything is, having 2 speeds for GA seems a bit odd, specially, if the other one is the slower one but aside from that you’re on the right track, Mercy would need something holding her down in order to make it fair for the rest of the cast, even Tracer whose mobility is obscene has a cooldown that she needs to play around (and also the lowest health pool)

Giving her regen to teammates is a nice concept but in an AoE seems a bit too much, considering she can thread the needle very very well even with old GA and also considering that she could bring back the whole team…

I would like it better if said skill didn’t buff mercy at all but changed her play style somehow, say for example if dmg boost was removed from LMB and was made into her E somehow

Ugh this post is getting too big for my taste but I’ll explain

Every idea on that image was proposed as a mean to consolidate everyone’s concern about Mercy, there is a very prominent side of people who dislike how sluggish rez is because they feel like a statue, basically what this would do is give you current valk-rez everytime you chose to rez, if you manage to pull it off then you have more of a visual to escape from high ground which you acquire almost automatically

As for valk, yes, the proposal was to have a single beam all the time, a stronger one without chains

There are terms that are patently and near-universally offensive

Certain racist terms, for example, or slurs relating to gender identification and/or preference

I get the offensiveness in such cases

Anti-mercy simply isnt one of those terms

If folks choose to declare they find this term as offensive, all I can do is point them to the definition, which is entirely non-offensive

Also - the definition is very simple and entirely unambiguous

While I like the portion of your ideas Mercy ult that is just a button press “one and done, everybody who is in range is healed” I think the extra healing should be replaced by something else. While I do enjoy healing in current Valk because it provides vastly more opportunity, I think of any sort of idea to change Mercy’s ult should be a simple “get rid of it” button press. I know it might sound dumb but hear me out— current Mercy ult is used proactively which is a skill that some (I wanna say most but I genuinely do not know) that old mercy players didn’t have. They definitely didn’t need it. So having an ult now that is not used reactively is what I see can still pose a real issue for those who don’t like Valk. I think an ult like Lucio, Zen, or even Orissa (yeah just lay that mofo down and get back to healing) would be more efficient for the reactive play style.

1 Like

You mean, the bugged rez that was patched out? While that returning would be nice, it might not be in line with the balance required for Rez to remain an ability.
That being said, as I mentioned earlier, I’m rather fond of the Regen/Rez idea, and would like to see Blizzard iterate on that.

1 Like

It’s still very much a negative term; as even with your magical definition that’s somewhere else on the forums, your use of it still implies that anyone who wants any sort of change to Mercy is against her as a whole. This now includes you by the way since you’ve offered up a rework idea.

1 Like

not the bugged one lol, although the patched one feels faster than live but is still slow, that one

I’ll have to iterate more on this overall idea. It still feels worth exploring to me, as it could provide an alternative path to test that would let Mass Rez return and actually fit into the current balance since the E would contain both pros and cons in each use-case. Once I have a better summary I’ll put up a thread.

Oh I’m sorry, you are mistaken. The length of a hashtag, what you “think” I know, and the ad hominem is not relevant to the context. The fact is, all are still valid opinions to have. Whether you like it or not… :slight_smile:

I will “come and leave” here as I please, as I have every right to do. And specifically, I am “coming here” accepting all opinions. And have done so. Your projections on what you “perceive” happened nearly 2 years ago does not concern me. I have neither “squashed everyone’s opinions” on the forums, nor have I “nailed any coffins” regarding overwatch.

No clue what you were on about with the hunting thing, totally lost me there… But anyways, the feeling towards you with regards to Mercy is mutual. I can assure you. And factually, it’s not a “sassy smiley”, it’s called a blush emoji. And I shall post it as I please, where I please, because I am entitled to do so. So you’re going to have to get used to it, for the record. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the patched one entirely removes any speed increase. Maybe it feels faster after having played the bugged version for a bit? You were on the PTR messing about with this, yeah?

2 Likes

yep, but it is faster because of how the movement changes affected valk, not overtly so but yeah, faster, it’s not just me either but a lot of people have reported so

I am used to it, that’s why I do my best to ignore you everytime I see you, my bad though, will resume

1 Like

I’ll wander around Youtube and have a look.

Okay! Have a good one! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

I deeply agree with what you’re saying, I didn’t update the idea anymore after the first batch of feedback I got but in reality the mass heal-valk ult wouldn’t be instant, much like current valk it would be animation locked, sort of like Lucio, which means that Mercy can be killed before she releases the wave which also moves somewhat slowly, so in reality you would need to see forward a bit if you wanted to use it reactively

Not sure if that adresses what you brought up but I appreciate the time you took to see the idea, excuse if I missunderstood

Here’s the thing though; the rework happened. It’s not being reverted either.

I have been maining Mercy for a little while now and I find her extremely fun. Her mobility is second to almost none. She has unique parts of her kit that aren’t similar to others. She can enable DPS to do things they normally shouldn’t be able to. Valkyrie might not bring “thrilling impact” but it’s more effective than people give it credit for, it allows full use of her mobility, it can impact your whole team in two ways and it builds rather quickly.

This is of course one mans opinion. I find her extremely fun and usable.

2 Likes

Power to you man, it’s good that you’ve found parts to focus on outside of Rez and it’s current clunky state. I’d say Valk’s uses are a bit limited, and the lack of impact is a problem, but it is effective as a fight starter and a few other things. If you’re getting value and fun out of it, then keep enjoying it. Also, while there likely won’t be any 1 to 1 revert, another rework of any level would be nice whether it restores older ability setups with modification or refines existing ones.

1 Like

I’ll be honest I find the impression more that people are upset that she doesn’t bring easier impact and instant gratification. Rez takes skill to use instead of just flying in and clicking E.

I honestly don’t see where the “she isn’t fun to play” argument is coming from. I didn’t use her in the Moth Meta so I don’t have an impression of her super powered state.

I think she’s really really fun and usable.

3 Likes

It being harder to use without being surrounded/protected by your team doesn’t exactly equate to skill. It’s mostly a question of if the Rez is safe, or if you’re gutsy enough to try and jump in for something crazy. The latter gets very heavily shut down if the enemy team is actually on the ball and paying attention to healers. My use of her was limited, but I played her pre-rework form, the overpowered initial form post-rework, and several instances along the nerf-train.

For anyone used to her pre-rework impact potential her current state feels like it does less overall during a fight. Valk unfortunately features a lot of automation that takes away from beam-prioritization, which is the source of a lot of her base form’s fun. Combined with how the healing nerf affected her, people who say she’s not fun to play feel like she only gets to heal because switching over to damage boost is too big a risk, and even then the healing doesn’t really do enough.
Plus, I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve been thanked for using Valk, meanwhile Rezzing someone gets near automatic thanks, nearly as much as the old Mass Rez did.

If you’re managing to avoid all the pitfalls I’ve just rambled on about, then I think you’ll be fine through any change that occurs.

3 Likes

Valkyrie is fun to me for the same reason her main beam is though. Instead of enabling one hero you enable your entire team. I find it extremely fun to make my teammates way harder to deal with.

Maybe I’m just different but at least I’m having fun right?

2 Likes

The issue there is that her main gameplay draw is how much she can help one team-mate and how one has to juggle to get multiple people. Valk takes away the juggling and doesn’t reward picking your targets. Even a minor numbers tweak could solve this, or just outright concentrating all that power into a single beam that your buffed mobility would let you get the most out of.

All that being said, though…

You’re having fun, and that’s the point of the game. I’d prefer it be fun for a few more people, namely those who lost their source of fun in the rework, but again, you’re having fun right now, and will probably continue having fun even if Mercy gets more changes. That’s good. Stick to getting enjoyment out of Mercy gameplay as much as you can. ^.^

3 Likes

I appreciate constructive discussion. Most people just do the “ra ra you’re wrong and stupid” stuff.

I both enjoy her but see your POV too. Cheers :smile:

2 Likes