"Mercy is fine fun is subjective play someone else"

But that’s not the entire reason

It wasnt

Untrue

Please, if you’re going to complain, at least get it right.

3 Likes

Factually, I haven’t existed forever, nor have I existed to make said posts forever. As such, that statement is objectively, untrue. :blush:

Great! I’m glad. :smiley:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

Hi aria

You have been always in plat so I’m curious about how you know that mass ress wasn’t op ? And how only a small group of mercy players hide ?

Enlighten us

3 Likes

Even bought a second account when the other got banned lol.

How unpleased can you be when you still support the game with your wallet…

4 Likes

lol :rofl: That’s pretty funny

1 Like

I have existed on the forums long before Aria. I have no idea the point of your reference, or the associated rank shaming accompanying it. But, If you have questions about why I believe Mass Rez isn’t OP, and to educate yourself on the perceptions of Mercy mains, and the common misconceptions of both, I suggest looking at my previous threads. :blush:

Well said. Thank you. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

That is a huge part of being a support and one of her biggest strengths.

Ana is better in tank comps. Mercy is better in DPS comps. She isn’t well suited to this meta and if you buff her you run into other problems again.

She can bring someone back to life. I’d say that influences the flow of the game

3 Likes

You are of course entitled to hold this opinion, but there is no valid data that I am aware of that backs up a claim that either side (shes fun, shes not fun) is a majority

There are also many players who are happy to have a Mercy on their team.

Balance is a judgement, a valuation, and its certainly possible if we asked 100 OW players about Mercy’s balance, we’d get 100 different answers

I personally think she is the closest to balanced in her current state than she ever has been before

I dont think he healing is weak, in fact I find it rather strong

I almost always have gold healing as Mercy in a team that includes another healer - any of the healers

Personally, I like the power and versatility of Valkyrie - how it can be used both offensively and defensively even in the same single instance of use

In my opinion, she is and always has been a main healer - but to your point, have you taken a look at #BigMainLittleChains?

Our experience differs

In my experience, she has direct impact in every game I play

I see the opposite

On paper, some of the other supports (Ana and Moira, especially) have higher rates of healing, but their real in-match healing doesnt correspend to that because of the limitations applied - ie needing to hit, to reload, to refill resource, line of sight interrupted, etc etc as applicable. Mercy faces far fewer limitations and as such her rate of healing applies more often, resulting in a far more equality in actual in-match healing with the other “high potential” healers

A Mercy can heal tanks.

It takes a while, but this is true for the other main healers as well, especially if more of their limitatons (like Ana missing her shots) come into play

In any case, her healing means considerably more than “nothing” even on tanks with the very highest number of HPs to be healed

Goats contributes some. There are other deathball-like team compositions where Mercy doesnt work well either. I think three other factors are contributing heavily

1. a lack of understanding of actual versus potential healing,leading players to select higher potential over lower potential

2. general stigma towards Mercy. This has happened with Torb, Symm, Bastion, and some other characters as well. Uneducated players decide character x is bad, and they say so enough on comm lines that others decide it must be true, and they tell two friends, and they tell two friends, and so on and so on. Perception becomes reality, for some folks. Stigma becomes negativity and harassment, and people dont want this when they play

3. People are being told on the other hand that certain other healers are great, lik Ana. This has the same effect as the above, albeit in the opposite fashion, encouraging players to pick Ana even though they might be better off due to poor aim with playing mercy instead

This is not the reason that the devs spoke of in the video accompanying the release of the change that (thankfully) removed mass rez from the game

I (and many others) consider her to be fine in her current state, which is in large part due to the many changes she has undergone over the past year or so

2 Likes

For me, its my poor aim…but I also I like the mobility and rez power Mercy provides

I and many others are glad to hear you have found a way to finally move on from Mercy

No need to blush, we’re just happy for you

All are welcome to speak their OW-related opinions, but that said, one would hope after going on two years of complaints, players would find a way to move on to other characters or other games

1 Like

Factually, a hero that lacks impact in a game where other heroes have impact would be considered to be imbalanced

The good news here is that Mercy has plenty of impact, which is essential to ensuring she is balanced, which she is at the present time

Tiny changes like Geoff referred to wont unbalance her, assuming they are made at all (Geoff made no promises)

In my opinion, and without blushing, she is in the best state of balance she has ever been in right now, in her current state; and as such, further changes should be very very limited or not made at all

1 Like

Haven’t you heard if you crusade hard enough even the devs will learn they have no idea how to balance their own game and that Mass Rez was the best thing to happen to the game?

/s

1 Like

Just saying your facts are anecdotal at best and your logic is fallacious.

GLHF :+1:

This comparison is of potential numbers as opposed to real in-match numbers

potential healing wont save anyone - but real healing can.

Mercy is far more likely to deliver the 50 in any given circumstance than Ana is to deliver the 93.

An Ana who misses all of her shots in the given second of play delivers 0 healing, while the 50 from Mercy is almost guaranteed

2 Likes

In my opinion, good Mercy players have a great deal to do during Valkyrie, and as such do not consider Valkyrie to be anything like “spectator mode”

I had wondered why this user changed accounts all of the sudden (old acct was Profile - RevertMercy-1304 - Overwatch Forums) , but I had thought that the forum rules didnt allow a given individual to set up a new account to circumvent a ban…so I am not sure if this really is what occurred

I believe this was similar to the point of the forum raid as conducted by the leadership of the revertmercy/reworkmercy (same toxic/entitled deal, different packaging) group - if you make statements enough times, in a large enough number of threads, they become more true

1 Like

Until your accounts get silenced and the threads removed.

#ThankYouForumMods

While you have every right to your opinion and every right to reply to people, I want us to agree and disagree. I already know your opinion from the last 10 replies to my comments. I don’t really need you to comment on every single comment I post. I would appreciate it if you would stop as I want to have discussions with different people rather than one person ALWAYS replying to me. I don’t mean to sound rude and I don’t know how else to say it but you’re really annoying so please leave me alone. Thank you.