Mercy is falling once again

I disagree. It just needs to be locked behind an ultimate again.

Season 4/5 Mercy was well-balanced.

7 Likes

I mean again, idk. Don’t play the hero. Ana has overall more value I guess.

only because ana was hard nerfed.

She wasnt even meta/very viable, lucio/zen was the meta. Thats how bad mercy was, not even a main supp for early dive.

Would switching valk and rez work?

Give her a single rez ult, and have valk on cooldown.

Eh…we were getting there. Meta shifts were already taking Mercy to a reasonable pick rate before these nerfs, she’s just even worse now.

frankly rez should be removed or made like khepris from smite.

Really curious where youre seeing under 1%, im seeing 2.27%. See her as the 15th most picked, so right in the middle.

1 Like

No sir it does not. Rez is a terrible ability, and it needs to be removed. Letting your teammates die to bring them back to life is counter-intuitive to what a pure healer like Mercy should be doing.

This chick needs a rework yo.

1 Like

I agree that dying should never be part of any strategy.

Oh okay, so we mercy’s don’t play a role on the team. Mercy merely brings heroes back to life and save pushes while doing so, we only keep them alive when they’d otherwise be waiting in spawn. You’ve convinced me, mercy’s are useless.

You’re being extraordinarily reductive to make your point, which is this: the way I play with my toys are sooooo much better than the way you play with yours.

4 Likes

Would resetting ults on a rez work? They come back with all abilities on cooldown and ult charge is gone.

You sit behind a wall and heal someone, and when they die you fly to them and click a button to rez and fly back to your wall. When someone comes to try and kill you, you press a button to fly to the next person farther away. On the rare occurrence you have a phara you need to fly to her and hold space bar. Thats my take on mercy and all i could come up with on how to play her. I could write an actual book on zen and ana.

1 Like

My problem was having a player yell “die on cart!”, I have a good position already, I’m getting value, but suddenly my whole team is getting wiped and I have to decide if I want to jump in and die too, or have the entire enemy team come after me and die while the rest of the team gets rezed.

On the other side of things, I don’t want to have to play hide and seek with the Mercy or be super unsure about engaging all the time, just leads to long footsy battles rather than a decisive teamfight.

This could just be me and how I like to play the game, mass-rez didn’t suit my playstyle.

3 Likes

I mean, if we are talking in the context of the current meta, Mercy simply can’t keep up with tanks. Tanks have large hitboxes, and thus take lots of damage so they need burst healing to keep them up. Sustained healing really doesn’t do it for them. Mercy wasn’t the best in S3 when they ran three tanks, and she is not the best now. In both metas, Ana was picked, along with Lucio because if Lucio combines Amp It Up with the healing boost of Bionade, he can actually heal more than pre-nerf Mercy (about 70.8 HP/s to be exact) and those two back in S3 were enough to keep three tanks alive.

But if we are talking about outside of the meta, then it’s simply that a lot of Mercy players did not find her fun. A lot of them, after hearing and reading about the rework, knew that it was not going to work and she would have to be nerfed because the rework at its release was too much due to how much value tempo rezzing brings. It was not a rework they wanted. They would have preferred tweaks to Mass Rez to make it less frustrating to play against. This was what was being said when her rework first came out. And whaddaya know, the same thing is being said now.

When it comes down to it, the biggest problem Mercy mains have with her is that their hero got a rework that her own mains never asked for and after nerf after nerf (seriously, it got to the point where Mercy was FOTM and got a new nerf with each patch so you had to relearn that specific part of her kit so you can play around the nerf) and now, she is a shadow of the hero she once was. Before the healing nerf, there were Mercy mains that said she was unfun to play as. Then the healing nerf came, which was followed by the complaints that with the 10 less HP/s, she feels more like an off-support because she simply can’t keep up with all the damage if she can only heal 50 HP/s.

Mass Rez Mercy was not OP. Annoying to play against if she rezzes a good ult wipe, sure. But that didn’t make her OP. Plus, if she got reworked because she was unfun to play against, I am sure people can make a case to rework her due to being unfun to play as. Obviously, the balancing team may have bigger fish to fry like Roadhog and Bastion, but at the very least, we could get someone to say that they are considering looking at Mercy, or get some insight on what they tried before they went to Valkyrie. We heard some of the things they tried on Hanzo before giving him Storm so maybe we can hear what they tried with Rez before they decided to give her Valk and make Rez her E.

3 Likes

Exactly my guy. Rez is such a bad ability, for a support especially. Where was that one dude who recommended some cleansing ability/ultimate? That sounded pretty interesting. :thinking:

You’ve got three hours on mercy, you don’t know how she plays, you’re not considering anything except your narrow biased view. You’re being very reductive to prove your point. If I were to right a overview on rein in your style it would go like this: “yeah he just holds a shield and stays on point. When someone gets near you swat them. That’s all there is to it, I got three hours so I know.”

4 Likes

Every hero is a thousand times more complex than that tbh. Even Mercy.

Should i make a battlemercy account and see if i can get higher then gold? I dont need hours on a hero to tell you i prob have more game sense then you.

Mercy got a brief pickrate boost as some people were trying her out during a small meta shift.

Now she’s stabilizing into what appear to be even lower pickrates than before. As in, competing with Symmetra for bottom-5 picks in GM.

1 Like

McCree is one of my top picks right now for which character I should learn next.
He’s the second most used DPS, especially for Diamond and below.

He seems like he’s a great answer to Pharah, Doomfist, Tracer, and Genji.
And can even duel Brigitte pretty well. (And combo stuns with Brigitte)

Having a hard time to figure if he’s better to learn over Hanzo or Sombra.