Mercy is falling once again

Where does this notion even come from? Why would only balancing around high level play be a bad thing for everyone else?

5 Likes

I guess that’s a matter of perspective, I’m sure Bastion players feel a lot more like the game has failed them. Mercy has certainly had more effort put into her balancing but with poor outcomes.

The way I would try and balance Mercy would be to have her as the go-to low rank healer but have her become more niche as the ranks go up. There should still be a place for her in GM but someone like Ana should dominate with really great team play.

1 Like

What is mercys problem at higher ranks? Her healing? Why? Is it because people can hit shots with ana?
If we buff mercy, so that she would be equally good at gm, as ana.
What would happen to her healing at gold?

Gold Gun Bastion here. Only DPS I ever seriously played in competitive, aside from playing some 76 during his OP days. I (and I’m sure other Bastion players can agree here) do kinda feel left behind. I think our Robotic Boi is better than people give him credit for, but he still just feels like a relic from the 2016 game. He needs some love.

2 Likes

What would happen is Mercy being good in both Gold and GM. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I mean that was also the case before the balance changes, during which Mercy was better than Ana at every rank.

To better balance them you might change something about their kits, not their healing outputs. (Although Mercy could use a tad more healing too)

1 Like

What would happen would be that she now heals so much that people would have problems killing anything in gold.
And she would be the only viable healer at low ranks.

Pick a different hero :slight_smile: Mercy players are just sad they spent 4 seasons playing a busted hero and climbed really high from silver to gm. They lack most common game sense and only really know positioning. Try learning another hero instead of wanting mercy back :slight_smile:

Its fun watching mercy mains in masters do there placements 6 days before season ends so they dont decay. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No she wouldn’t. Zen, Brig and Moira would still be viable. If golds don’t have the mechanical skill to play Ana, that’s not a game problem, that’s a player problem.

1 Like

It’s a problem If the game doesn’t offer heroes that are playable at any rank.

That could be debated.

For instance, I firmly believe that it is better (or rather, less bad) for the overall health of the game for hero X to be a troll-pick than it is for hero X to be a must-pick. A troll-pick means that anyone except that troll-pick can take that slot on the team. A must-pick means that only one hero can take that slot on the team.

Hero X is a troll-pick? The mains of hero X hate the state of hero X.

Hero X is a must-pick? Everyone else hates the state of hero X.

Applying this to Bastion vs. Mercy in regards to which failed the worst in balance…

Bastion was a must-pick for a week on PC (a month on consoles) before a single nerf dropped him down into garbage tier. He has remained there ever since.

Mercy was a must-pick for ten months, requiring a grand total of fourteen different nerfs (one of which was disguised as a “bug fix”) to be dropped from that level. She has been garbage tier ever since her latest nerf.

Bastion sitting in such a crappy state for so long (his rework happened 6 months earlier) is the only thing that allows him to contest Mercy in regards to which rework failed to a greater extreme in balance. Had the two reworks happened at the same time, Mercy would have taken the cake easily.

7 Likes

That’s literally never going to happen. Perfect balance doesn’t exist like that.

1 Like

If perfect balance doesn’t exist, whats the problem with current mercy?

Idk, ask the Mercy mains. I’m not one. Her healing?

No we’re sad because a uniquely fun hero has been maimed by terrible quick fix game design. We want to play a healer, not a healer/dps hybrid. There is no other class like mercy in the game and they ruined her because they did not want to dedicate the resources toward making the other supports more enticing.

No mercy players understand the game as well as anyone else. I’ve watched too many tanks and DPS charge into no mans lands and die while screaming for a healer to think they have more game sense than a mercy. There are many valid challenges in this game, I don’t understand why people think moving a crosshair over a bad guy is impressive.

7 Likes

Mercy doesn’t have the time or ability to enable her dps.

What exactly is the problem with the current mercy, at gm?
She has the second highest average healing, above ana.
So healing isn’t the problem.

1 Like

As I stated above it’s a matter of perspective, but I agree that a must-pick hero is generally worse for the game as a whole (whether they are OP, or the community just thinks they are OP).

Still, my heart goes out to the Bastion players.

thatd be even worse than.

the only way mercy can be balanced frankly is by removing rez, it is the reason the rest of her kit is garbage

Its not that moving a crosshair over someone is impressive its that a mercy on a team plays no role to the team other then rezing someone(positioning/game sense), flying to someone(positioning) and healing someone(positioning). There is a reason good mercy players can adapt to other supports when needed or the meta changes. The bad ones cant pick up ana and manage cooldowns correctly.