Mercy is being ignored?

It’s a fact that she’s underpowered as of now. Statistics is our evidence. Blizzard is most definitely wrong.

Unreliable information… I know there are people claiming Overbuff is still reliable, but their data set is an example of sample bias because of the private profiles. A factor that until we can figure out what the leniency should be, we cannot use as reliable information.

she doesn’t need to be priority…
but saying that ‘the support changes’ were succesfull also includes the bad decisions they made.

they had well over a year to listen to us and they did nothing with it, nerfing her healing (which has been buffed before because it wasn’t enough) is a lazy fix for the real problem thats still present

I get what you mean, you’re saying since I think it wasn’t successful for mercy I think they’re ignoring it. But I still think they were ignoring the problem and ignoring the biggest topic on the forums lol like to me, the problem is that they were so vague about it. They didn’t make it clear that they meant it was successful for every support so it leaves us wondering are they thinking of changing mercy, are they saying she’s fine but being really vague about it

Decisions you personally perceive as bad. They also don’t have to listen to a word we say because we may not actually be right - never mind that our voices are divided.

The data that Blizzard have is more reliable than we can pull from Overbuff, and while we’re able to suggest ideas, we are not owed anything to have them used by the devs. It’s their game, they’re the professionals who know what they’re doing. They take our ideas into consideration, not as gospel.

1 Like

Except after the private profile patch, the statistics barely changed. Also, someone made a long post explaining why it’s still reliable:

i wish they knew what they were doing.

they knew that the problem was rez on E but didn’t do anything with it.
instead they go for the easy route that made her underpowered and not worth playing at all

And I wouldn’t be surprised if we find some common ground in that aspect, but they seem to be concerned about addressing other areas of her kit (cough, rez…) so I don’t blame them for trying other ideas first since they seem so hesitant.

She’s such a polarising hero too, I can’t blame Blizzard for being to cautious when the ‘hot topic’ nature of balance receives such extreme levels of responses.

From my perspective, I think they’re playing the waiting game. Her changes have only lasted a month, and it takes time to analyse data and see more reliable trends unfold. Heck, Torb and other heroes are being changed so it’s possible they want to see how the supports (Mercy included) work with those changes involved on the PTR and on live.

2 Likes

The support class is more diverse than it’s been in at least six months, so yes the support class is more balanced. By your own definition, the changes were a success.

I have this weird feeling that they’re preparing for mass resses return since these most recent changes all make mass ress less unfun to play against. That is after all one of the reasons why she was reworked.

i would be surprised if they did that.

Yeah, no. More diverse is not more balanced. Again, 3 heroes are left in the dust. It’s basically the same as before. Before it was Mercy, Zen and Moira. Now it’s Ana, Zen, and Lúcio.

Nothing has changed in terms of balance. The only think I’d consider changed in terms of balance is the severity of how unbalanced Mercy was.

The changes were a flop. All they did was swap the roles for each support.

Mercy and Ana have been swapped.

Zen has stayed the same.

Lúcio and Moira have been swapped.

1 Like

Honestly i really don’t want mass rez back😂 I like bringing more value mid fight

Well, we won’t be getting that with current res any time soon. Current res is only ever used before or after a fight because of its limitations.

Agreed, I’d like to see a rez replacement but idk

1 Like

This could be a valid argument, except we’ve seen Mercy at a 14.5% pickrate after private profiles were introduced. The maximum possible pickrate a hero can have is 16.67%. Mercy’s pickrate didn’t drop once private profiles were introduced and set as default; it spiked by 3%.

Moreover, looking at those statistics, the top six slots in pickrate are occupied by the following classes:

1. Tank
  2. Support
  3. Support
  4. Tank
  5. Support
  6. Tank

Which doesn’t really point to more support/tank players with private profiles.

1 Like

you realize this does not support you at all? this could just be because it cant track the rest of the mercy players. moreover a rising pickrate goes against your entire argument that “she is picked less and bad”

If it can’t track the rest of the Mercy players, that’s fewer data points from mercy players, and thus, her pickrate would appear lower than it actually is.

But…

Which means that if anything, more non-Mercy players left their profiles private than Mercy players.

It supports my argument

This spike was prior to her latest nerf.

Someones a little angry at my post. I never mentioned streamers in my post, those are your assumptions.

Youre naive if you think that they take anything you say into consideration.