“Mercy is a sidekick”

I never understood this because isn’t mercy always a sidekick? She needs her teammates to do things and without them she is useless. I assuming it’s because people are used to her carrying games with ez insta rez but now that’s gone she seems balanced aside from the fact she definitely needs her 60 healing back

7 Likes

You should’ve picked Mercy…

2 Likes

They should make her Ult better , maybe even replace it. They should add something to her kit that’s not team-reliable but more of a Mercy-reliable. Where Mercy doesn’t need someone else to do something for her and instead be a hero of her own.

She’s a strong woman , she deserves to be a hero :grin::angel:

3 Likes

Her ult is trash. I vote for a revert, or rework. Either way, valk needs to go.

20 Likes

Mercy used to be the best healer for every situation and every rank - which is something that should never be true of any character.

Mercy finally has a niche. She’s the best healer to pocket one dps. It’s a good niche for her and she’s in a good place.

2 Likes

Mercy in her current state is hard to make balanced and feel fun/impactful to play this is the main issue with her players in where she’s incredibly boring and her kit is the same but mass res had thought and mind racing this is why a lot of her mains had fun it was a hit or miss ult it didn’t guarantee victory in 1.0 but it did give a second chance

60 hps back to solidify her as a main healer but not a must pick and we can always tune it down to 55 or 50 if the rest of proposed rework makes her to powerful

Mercy right now is held back by Res on E it’s an ultimate on a cool down that can consistently pro-long fights or erase mistakes in the poke phase which is very frustrating to play against and as because it ruins the fluidity of her kit so if possible a New E would be nice i would suggest a cleanse that is a throwable projectile ( allows counter play ) that is a 3-5 meter aoe with a health regen of 15 per sec and this would be on a 12-15 sec cool down so it’s not spammed but can allow interplay with Ana and ults. This would add a depth of skill to mercy which a lot of her players want and a lot of her haters want.

Now her ultimate and main problem in that it does everything for you hence people calling it spectator mode. There is very little skill involved with this ultimate. No beam juggling, No threat to the enemy, and very little tangible impact on a team fight sure you might help them survive longer but 60 hps valk wasn’t that powerful to begin with. It’s a healing ult that can’t even counter other ults effectively like Lucio’s or Zen’s. Sure it can be used for chain damage boost but it’s still boring but this isn’t about balance it’s about bringing back the wow factor in an ult which valk just doesn’t have. we can keep it but it would need changes.

1. Valk no longer has 5 chain beams and is instead a single target beam with 2 smaller range tethers that prioritizes lower health targets on initial latch and that both heals and damage boosts 70 hps/ 35% damage boost for primary and 45 hps / 25% damage boost for chains . Rez is now on left click and is instant with a max of 2 butttttttttttttttttttttttt targets are a 40% health and cannot be healed by mercy for 3 sec only by outside sources additionally they can’t use abilities for 1.5 sec which helps counter the rez and punishes bad rez’s
  2. a brand new ult
  3. mass res with tweaks but this is a very very very low chance

not saying this has to happen just another idea that probably will be ignored

Personally I hate this niche and many other players probably hate it.

I mean why should you be babysitting someone for the entire game? It doesn’t feel that great.

I think they should rework her to the point where she feels like a hero and not a pocket Health pack with wings.

10 Likes

maybe in moth but never in mass rez state until after the ana and lucio nerfs people love to look at pick rates but never the other weaker hero’s in the same class at the same time

Nah Mercy isn’t a side kick, shes your guardian angel :slight_smile: she protects her team

1 Like

Everything but nor Current Mercy is fine for me…

I’m not a huge supporter of the “Bring Mass Rez” because I didn’t enjoy it much but it’s much preferable than current Mercy.

She’s always had that niche though. Especially in high level play where she literally existed to pocket pharah until the heroes she could pocket expanded to Junk,Hanzo,Widow, etc

neither am i i much would prefer another ult and a new e but thats just me i want mercy to be balanced and fun for everyone not just 1-sided like her past iterations have been

I don’t like that McCree requires a pocket healer to be any good because he’s the most vulnerable dps in the game.

But he’s my favorite hero so I play him and just accept that it’s how Blizzard wants him to be.

I know and I realized it a long time ago but at least when she had Mass Rez she had a thing of her own - something that no one could compete with her. Current Mercy - Pharah can compete with her flying , Moira has better heals and the Ultimate does everything for you. There’s no thought , no decision-making. The Ultimate basically does everything for you and you do everything for your teammates while they are out there fighting.

I do agree the ult needs reworking, maybe a stronger single target beam with weak chain beams? Or just a completely different ult.

2 Likes

I like McCree but he’s too sluggish for me. I like heroes like Mercy , Sombra , D.Va - where you get in and out in a seconds. I like being able to move around fast and that’s what I enjoy the most in current Mercy.

I mean - no one wanted Mercy to be OP for a year to begin with , or to get a rework. All that Mercy players wanted was an E-Ability but here we are…

She was never overpowered with Rez. Rez was fun for the Mercy player because you had potential for fun plays… killing a flanker to get in and then getting off a 3 man Rez, etc… but it was taken away because it was unfun for dps mains

In fact, when Ana was “overpowered” (weaker than she is now basically) mercy mains were begging for an E. Because she couldn’t do anything by herself and had no utility outside her ult. They never asked for her Rez on e. Which is why everyone hates her now. She has no play making ability anymore, just healing, and that was always the least popular part of her kit.

People are angry because that was the exhilarating part of her kit (gamemaking plays) and she can’t do that anymore. Browse through old forums around the Ana meta if you don’t believe that her lack of utility and playmakinf ability was always criticized. That’s why they buffed mercy Rez invulnerability which started the mercy meta

2 Likes

“Not a sidekick” and then proceeds to say she has to have a team to be useful? Point proven.

None of the Mercy community wants OP must pick back, that was a toxic time to be a support player. We just want a character that can actually help turn the tide of a game, and do it through skill, not a CD

well no, not cause you ez carry games by insta ress. But because 1. her heal is weak and cant really save anyone, cant outheal anything and can just keep people topped off. Doesnt really make you feel like youre being anything else except a movable small health pack.

Ress on cd is strong but brainless and again doesnt really feel like you achieved something. Great you are alive for 30 seconds and your teammate died in a place where it is safe for you to stand still for 2 seconds without being CCd or killed, good job you.

Her ult is a quality of life measure and not an impactful ultimate ability. No one cares about Valk, to put it simply. A dps wont be like, i pressed Q but they popped Valk so I couldnt do anything, so sad. They wont be like ‘‘oh no they popped Valk’’. No one cares about it cause its weak and doesnt really do anything except help mercy keep people healed.
Trans, Barrier, nano, rally, even coalescence are game changing ults, they can counter things and change the fight if used right. Not Valk tho. Valk just lets you do the same thing you always do except from the air and with 10hps more…

2 Likes